McCabe's last stand at the Copthorne!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No sympathy for him, TBH. I'm just sorry it's had to end like this, but it had to end like this, to move on.

Fair enough but I wasn't defending everything he's done, just kicking back against the 'McSue' bollocks.

BTW a serious question, did you actually disagree with any of the above 5 appointments at the time?

FWIW I thought Clough and Adkins were great apppointments and thought that Weir may well work, which shows WTF I know.

Fair enough but I wasn't defending everything he's done, just kicking back against the 'McSue' bollocks.

BTW a serious question, did you actually disagree with any of the above 5 appointments at the time?

FWIW I thought Clough and Adkins were great apppointments and thought that Weir may well work, which shows WTF I know.

I didn't disagree. I was optimistic, but guarded. I could see all of them (Wier excepted) going into McCabe's office with a structured list of players he needs for the next twelve months and McCabe smiling at him and then saying (for example), "Y'know, I think we need to look at less costly options. Something like that chap Hammond or better still Colin Sammon, is it? I don't have to remind you that running this club is expensive. I had a phone call this morning from the Chairman of Brighton, ref Jamie Murphy ... "

pommpey

He owns the ground etc.
He now wants top dollar for the ground.
We're in the PL thanks to both of our owners.
Why shouldn't McCabe get top dollar for the ground?
If he wants all his money back , and gets all his money back , what legacy is left for us to respect ?
He's never wanted to get 'all his money back' his only form of serious reimbursement will be what he gets for the ground.

He's never wanted to get 'all his money back' his only form of serious reimbursement will be what he gets for the ground.
No need to appeal then

Nope. We're in the PL thanks to Wilder and Knill making a team of third division kicking boys actually believe in themselves.

Why should he? The sustenance of that stadium has come in some part as a result of our dismal demise. Would he get top dollar at the final whistle 08 May 2016 when our vastly depleted morale squad trudged round the pitch on their lap of honour to pelters from the stands and rods from the players having just been bummed by Scunthorpe? Would. He. Fuck. Pitch was nice though.

Of course he does. That's why he's been shifting the club round like a fucking chess piece. Tell you what fucked him up? Wilder and his damned success.

pommpey

Except is was Dave Bassett who told him 2 years earlier to get Wilder. Mcsue didn’t listen. Then again Basset told him, only then did he get wilder. So for me it was Dave Basset who should be credited for it !
Alan Hodgkinson recommended Wilder a number of years ago before Bassett recommended him.Obviously didnt listen

How ironic will it be after all these years of McCabe and many people backing him to the hilt, that his refusal to accept things leads to him stirring up trouble and fucking up the best opportunity we've had in living memory to establish ourselves

How ironic will it be after all these years of McCabe and many people backing him to the hilt, that his refusal to accept things leads to him stirring up trouble and fucking up the best opportunity we've had in living memory to establish ourselves

I can see this saga ending with McCabe barricading himself in the Penthouse Suite at the Copthorne refusing to leave.

I wonder if this
Good with me.

Loss making, over priced shit beer, lock him in and shut the place down.

The loanees can stay above the Cricks.
It's a shame that Kev gets to foist his loss-making hotel venture onto the club , having previously done the decent thing + taken it back into SUL/Scarborough.
But hopefully it will be valued quite low , according to the paucity & uncertainty of its income stream.

Generally many, like myself, backed him on actual facts rather than the nonsense, ignorance and downright lies espoused by just a handful on here. Now the court case has gone against him, views are changing from some - quite a few actually - of his support, again based on facts. His utterly blinkered supporters won't change, but a lot of his support - in my experience - has wavered and think he should go quietly once the valuations are sorted. He'll lose money, the cost of doing business.

The club comes first. As a Blade he should know that.

Your point about him fucking things up now is by far the most relevant issue - if it turns out that way - but the past has to be relived again and again. All but the most ignorant know what's happened, most in some detail without overegging the pudding yet again. Still on about Robson, Weir, etc. Fuckups, but they're long gone. We're in the PL, we've got Wilder. We hope the Prince is another piece in the jigsaw. Now is the time, not a partly shit - yes yes, six years etc - past that some get moist for. Nothing to look forward too it seems, all the pleasure from looking back and pointing out the bleeding obvious.

I wonder if this

It's a shame that Kev gets to foist his loss-making hotel venture onto the club , having previously done the decent thing + taken it back into SUL/Scarborough.
But hopefully it will be valued quite low , according to the paucity & uncertainty of its income stream.
If it aint paid for .... and is loss making, he aint gonna get owt for it, expensive holder for his banners

I wonder if this

Already written down in value approaching £10m from what he paid for it. Not much use to HRH though because it's losing money.

I wonder if this

I would imagine, for those very reasons, it's one of the sticking points.

Already written down in value approaching £10m from what he paid for it. Not much use to HRH though because it's losing money.
So if the hotel is valued at less than what McCabe paid (because it's not worth much) is it ok if the ground and academies are valued higher because they're now worth quite a bit more?

Do you mean the money he paid for it's construction, as I thought he bought it for a £1.

So if the hotel is valued at less than what McCabe paid (because it's not worth much) is it ok if the ground and academies are valued higher because they're now worth quite a bit more?

All to do with actual valuations of course. He's apparently gained there due in part to promotion ( even though it appears his evil plan to continue losing more money was actually thwarted by Wilder and Knills succeses it seems :) ) The point was it's not much good to the Prince. Then again, he apparently agreed to buy it. Some you win, some you lose.

I know you do. He didn't. As previously explained.

I need to clarify that ghandi. The shares were sold for a pound yes, the construction costs were all taken on board by the hotel company, a subsidiary of Scarborough who bought the shares. The football club never owned nor had any financial input into the hotel. SUL Ltd received £4m from bank borrowings towards the debt andScarborough took on the remainder.

Didn’t he transfer it as the funding was originally secured against Sheffield United’s assets?

Yes. He took the liability away from the other assets and Scarborough took the future hits both Value and losses wise.

Cost of entrepreneurial business.

I reckon Sean's advice to "look forward" is bang on.

I hope that Kev will follow this sentiment + not go raking over old earth (not the ground !) with a pretty hopeless appeal.

Who looked forward in 17/18 (when we were a Championship club) and who looked back at his investment + hoped to flip it to some yanks to recoup some for his eminently deserved retirement ?

Without casting any particular aspersions , or being too starry-eyed , the Prince has to be the future & Kevin has to accept he is the past.

When the dice were rolled by Kevin in 17/18 , the Prince had a choice to make about staying or getting out of a loss-making club , a club with only an unquantifiable chance of getting to the Prem. But he chose to stay.

Put yourself in the Prince's shoes in January 2018 , no real cash fortune to speak of , certainly unable to find £24m for the real estate , but so convinced of Chris Wilder's ability , that he backed him to take us up.

There can't be much better evidence of the Prince's faith in Wilder than that.

So the Prince looks forward and hopes the Blades will find success , even if he had to find £5m for Kevin's shares and has to start shouldering the on going losses alone - something which Kev was unhappy to continue doing from 2013.

So he tries to avoid buying the real estate , which was never going to wash , and now Kevin is going to get a better price than he would have in January 2018 , 16 months before we became a Prem club.

So Kevin , be glad that the Prince you invited in has stuck to the task , shown faith in Wilder etc , and shake his hand & wish him & the club all the best in the future.

His parents stood about his Bed
Lamenting his Untimely Death,
When Kevin with his Latest Breath,
Cried: “Oh, my Friends, be warned by me
That Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch and Tea
Are all the Human Frame requires . . .”
With that the Wretched Child expires.

Guess that what comes from "chewing little bits of string" ?

I wonder if this

The hotel made £400k profit last year 😬

No reason why the hotel can't be fully booked on match weekends, if not it's not being marketed properly. Like all other venues it's a battel ground other days, I don't like it being there but have used it several times as it's really handy.

Back
Top Bottom