How should we approach the last 3 games?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'll be approaching it up Shoreham Street, right on to John Street.
Remember the Dutch supporters for the women’s euros. Now that’s how we should approach the last three games. Starting up West St and March through the city.

This is almost as bad analysis as someone saying "well x has only scored 20 goals in 120 games, what's that, half of them were off the bench, nah nah nah can't hear you". How much has he actually played in those four seasons? Again, if you think he's shit, that's fine, but even Haaland would struggle to score 20 a season if he was injured a third of the time and only coming off the bench another third of the time
He's started loads. As a season ticket holder I've had to witness it all.

McBurnie full league stats are: Started: 69 Subbed on: 53. Goals: 18.
Pretty much 1 goal in 4 if you're nice enough to discount the sub appearances.
Bearing in mind that in 3 of those seasons were good seasons where we finished 9th in Premier League, 5th in the Championship and 2nd in the Championship.
You won't find many successful sides carrying a striker with such poor stats. Credit to the rest of the team for being able to carry him.

McBurnie full league stats are: Started: 69 Subbed on: 53. Goals: 18.
Pretty much 1 goal in 4 if you're nice enough to discount the sub appearances.
Bearing in mind that in 3 of those seasons were good seasons where we finished 9th in Premier League, 5th in the Championship and 2nd in the Championship.
You won't find many successful sides carrying a striker with such poor stats. Credit to the rest of the team for being able to carry him.

Mcburnie has the best MPG record of anyone in the team (177) this season , yet some are proposing we replace him with someone who has an MPG of 541

Where are people getting this idea that McBurnie needs to "save his career"? He's been class for most of this season, we've got another year option on his contract and you just have to look at the body language between him and Hecky after FT last night to see he's going to be here next season, and rightly so. I will be amazed if he doesn't start the first PL game.
There’s gonna be some idiots on here having a meltdown when he signs a new deal soon.

Mcburnie has the best MPG record of anyone in the team (177) this season , yet some are proposing we replace him with someone who has an MPG of 541

He's had one 10 week purple patch in four years. He's not scored in his last twelve league appearances. He went the ENTIRETY of last season without scoring a single goal in the Championship. I think better to look at the overall picture painted over the years rather than 10 blessed weeks that ended almost 6 months ago. He might regain some form as a Championship striker. But as a Premier League player there's no chance of him making the grade.
He'll be on a massive salary, lets pay it to someone who can do the business in the Prem.

He's had one 10 week purple patch in four years. He's not scored in his last twelve league appearances. He went the ENTIRETY of last season without scoring a single goal in the Championship. I think better to look at the overall picture painted over the years rather than 10 blessed weeks that ended almost 6 months ago. He might regain some form as Championship striker. But as a Premier League player there's no chance of him making the grade.
He'll be on a massive salary, lets pay it to someone who can do the business in the Prem.

This thread is about what we do for the next 3 games, not next season.

This thread is about what we do for the next 3 games, not next season.
As I've said, where possible play the players who might be good enough for the Prem in the next 3 games, don't waste the game time on those we know can't make the step up. Jebbison has not been given a proper run in the side but has demonstrated he can be a real handful with height, power and pace. Lets give him a little run of starts now and hopefully he can bag one or two which could set up his confidence for next season.

We need momentum going into what will inevitably be a very tough season. We had it in spades under wilder, perhaps not so much this time round.

We need to go all out in these games and get the results so we’ll be entering the prem with a winning mentality. Fail to do so and we all saw how a poor end in the 19/20 season can carry over into the next one...

A lot of people naming Coulibaly but he was named as the reason for a possible points deduction. So maybe better not.

PH will have the final say, and he wants to Win every game.

The only possible nod to sentiment would be to start Billy until he gets that elusive goal. Can’t see that being a problem, even for the increasingly fussy EFL? Billy will still need a sub after 60 minutes anyway.

As I've said, where possible play the players who might be good enough for the Prem in the next 3 games, don't waste the game time on those we know can't make the step up. Jebbison has not been given a proper run in the side but has demonstrated he can be a real handful with height, power and pace. Lets give him a little run of starts now and hopefully he can bag one or two which could set up his confidence for next season.
Makes you wonder if he has problems we dont know abaht , Heck always seems happy wi him . But those are dreadful results for a striker whatever division ,and the lad just looks fucked most of the time now ,he dosent win enough flick ons ,he dosent bust a gut to get in the area for a cross , he just chucks hissen to the ground at any contact looking at the ref for help, in fact his best work his defending corners now . As i say , it looks like he has a problem with mobility , he dosent look to run reyt at all , i think hes capable of better , fucking hope so anyway !

At the moment Jebbison doesn't look cut out for the championship never mind the premier league. He should be sent out on loan to a championship side next season.

If he's starting Premier League games next season it's because we'll have had a poor transfer window

To be fair with the 3 games to go which I will be the first to admit I thought it would be at least going down to the Huddersfield game so an added bonus. It is an opportunity for contracts - I would like Hecky's brief to be its 0-0 game 1, 0 points and what ever side he selects go out there and prove themselves worthy of a contract/keep their place in the side. Of course it would be great for Billy to grab a goal or 2 but in training for the next few weeks the side should be selected on merit which will probably see Billy starting in any case. Wes is a must to start every game as for me he is number 1 next season and has done enough to prove himself more than capable.

For me, anyone that's been playing through an injury or with injections should be dropped now.

Apart from that I'd like to see some minutes for young players amongst a solid core of the usual team who haven't featured regularly; Coulibaly, Brooks, Jebbison, Arblaster & Osula. Maybe one or two might have enough to make the squad next season.

Lose them and hope Luton and Boro win so that their fans can spend all summer torturing themselves that they were only 1-2 points off getting automatic and if only this decision or that decision had gone their way.

What we could do is tinker with the formation

We'll need to be more flexible next season

Back
Top Bottom