McCabe's last stand at the Copthorne!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

McCabe appointed Wilder because he had failed yet again with appointing a manager who was the biggest plonker ever and he was looking desperately now for a low budget option. He finally took the advice offered by Bassett and gave Chris his chance.

Who might HRH appoint as 'coach' after CW/AK , maybe hindsight will be a greater judge.

The appointments by Man UTD since sir Alex Ferguson have not looked too great to the fans.

2013–2014Scotland David Moyes
2014Wales Ryan GiggsInterim player-manager
2014–2016Netherlands Louis van Gaal
2016–2018Portugal José Mourinho
2018–Norway Ole Gunnar Solskjæ

Hardly any cheap options there .

Who might HRH appoint as 'coach' after CW/AK , maybe hindsight will be a greater judge.

The appointments by Man UTD since sir Alex Ferguson have not looked too great to the fans.

2013–2014Scotland David Moyes
2014Wales Ryan GiggsInterim player-manager
2014–2016Netherlands Louis van Gaal
2016–2018Portugal José Mourinho
2018–Norway Ole Gunnar Solskjæ

Hardly any cheap options there .

Good question. What I do know is, they won't get a better management team than CW/AK, so if I were them I'd take bloody good care of them, no matter how the results go for us.

In all likelihood though what will happen, eventually, is a change of management team, for one reason or another. In this event, if the current owner is still in charge and hasn't sold us off to a construction firm in Iraq, I expect the new management team will be relatives of his. Another "Prince" from Saudi. Looking at who may be available, there are a few options within that family, but possibly Ahmed El Assrag Bin This That an Tother, Al Soud, could be a strong contender. He made his fortune from "Wet-wipes".

One thing I never get with our fans. If you're going to blame McCabe for his managerial appointments, you have to at least credit him with Wilder. To do so isn't very fair on the man.

Disagree. I saw and heard him blame bad luck many many times when we couldn't get out of league 1. So I'll credit him with getting lucky regards Wilder. To not do so wouldn't be very fair on the man.

I often wonder what would have happened to us if Kev McCabe had taken up Kenny Dalglish's offer of coming in to "steady the ship" for a season, instead of bringing Robson in? We'll never know of course, but an interesting point to ponder.

Did anyone get to ask him any questions? And if so what was asked?

All my posts at the start of the thread were answers to questions asked, from a couple of people, other questions were the normal bigger blade verses 'the Arab' which is how one embarrassing friend of McCabe called him. Also a fair few people brown nosing McCabe, totally forgetting that he managed to wipe out our investment, whilst protecting a fair percentage of his.

Nobody asked about his managerial appointments, so god knows what half of the posts are on about.

Without our questions we would have learnt nothing apart from a long statement at the start, pointing out each time The Prince was criticised for his evidence and lapses of memory in the court case, to counter the criticism of McCabe from the Judge.

As I stated in the OP, I very nearly did not bother, but each time I have been and asked questions we have learnt something new, just a shame very few people there can act like shareholders asking fact based questions, to hold the board to account, which is the whole point of these gatherings. McCabe has a legal obligation to keep shareholder informed of significant changes to the business. He could choose other methods, but enjoys these amongst friends gatherings.

Not sure I will bother again, it will depends what he does on the 14th and how much he fights for every last penny for the ground etc, as I can see that running and running.

Always thought K Keegan was the choice if he was ever interested. Had won promotions Fulham Citeh and that Newcastle team.
Given the same money, he would have attracted the right players, played some good football, and we'd have just loved it.
Like were are now.
Thought he wanted Dalglish as he is big friends with him.

Looks like SUL will pay all money recieved from the Prince to Scarborough for loans to SUL own to Scarborough (McCabe).

But debts to Scarborough are more than any money to be received.

SUL’s 2018 accounts show that amounts owed to related parties and group undertakings amount to £41m. That’s not likely to have been reduced since.
Hmmm, I seem to remember Tutts saying his life would be easier without the football club

All my posts at the start of the thread were answers to questions asked, from a couple of people, other questions were the normal bigger blade verses 'the Arab' which is how one embarrassing friend of McCabe called him. Also a fair few people brown nosing McCabe, totally forgetting that he managed to wipe out our investment, whilst protecting a fair percentage of his.

Nobody asked about his managerial appointments, so god knows what half of the posts are on about.

Without our questions we would have learnt nothing apart from a long statement at the start, pointing out each time The Prince was criticised for his evidence and lapses of memory in the court case, to counter the criticism of McCabe from the Judge.

As I stated in the OP, I very nearly did not bother, but each time I have been and asked questions we have learnt something new, just a shame very few people there can act like shareholders asking fact based questions, to hold the board to account, which is the whole point of these gatherings. McCabe has a legal obligation to keep shareholder informed of significant changes to the business. He could choose other methods, but enjoys these amongst friends gatherings.

Not sure I will bother again, it will depends what he does on the 14th and how much he fights for every last penny for the ground etc, as I can see that running and running.
Surely has to be completed by hook or by crook (as Boris says ) by end of July ?

Hopefully, the judge will throw out the application to appeal. We need to leave this whole sorry mess in the past now and if McCabe is a big of a Blade as he likes to remind everyone of, then he should feel the same way.
He has made some mistakes like WE ALL DO! the main mistake was giving half his shares away 🙄 and has put in a lorry load off cash into United, keeping us going through the 6 lost years! So why should he just let it go without a fight.

Reactions: Dkc
He has made some mistakes like WE ALL DO! the main mistake was giving half his shares away 🙄 and has put in a lorry load off cash into United, keeping us going through the 6 lost years! So why should he just let it go without a fight.

What would be the positives for the club? The club is all that matters, not individuals who come and go.

Thought he wanted Dalglish as he is big friends with him.

I am sure that Dalglish said (at some point afterwards) that he had spoken to KMc, and it was Dalglish that made the offer to come in on a one season contract, sort out the players, get rid of dead wood, use his contacts to bring in some fresh faces, and get the club back on track for attempting promotion back to the top flight at the first attempt, not the other way round. Memory could be playing tricks though.

Because he rolled the dice.

What would be the positives for the club? The club is all that matters, not individuals who come and go.
McCabe's psychology has long been disconnected from reality.
He sees himself as the Club.
He is not the club.
He doesn't even own the club.
Because HE decided to sell half of it in 2013.
Then in 2017/18 he rolled the dice with his own half.
He can't seem to take responsibility for his own actions , which is childish.

He owns the ground etc.
He now wants top dollar for the ground.
But can't he see that his greed will now damage the club he professes to love ?

And how can he expect the court to help such childish motives ?
The judge cleverly dismantled the persona which Kevin likes to present to the fans.

If he wants all his money back , and gets all his money back , what legacy is left for us to respect ?

I would love to see a psychiatric dissection of McCabe's personality.

There is definitely a disorder in there , maybe even a mental illness.

One thing I never get with our fans. If you're going to blame McCabe for his managerial appointments, you have to at least credit him with Wilder. To do so isn't very fair on the man.
Except is was Dave Bassett who told him 2 years earlier to get Wilder. Mcsue didn’t listen. Then again Basset told him, only then did he get wilder. So for me it was Dave Basset who should be credited for it !

Mcsue didn’t listen

I don't even think the Wendy fans find 'McSue' very funny these days.

Given that The PL had given the CheatinAmmers a slap and the risk and told us to run along and play nicely, what do you think he should have done?

Sueing the cheating bastards was the only course of option open and they settled with us, proving the action was worthwhile. What would you have done?

McCabe's psychology has long been disconnected from reality.
He sees himself as the Club.
He is not the club.
He doesn't even own the club.
Because HE decided to sell half of it in 2013.
Then in 2017/18 he rolled the dice with his own half.
He can't seem to take responsibility for his own actions , which is childish.

He owns the ground etc.
He now wants top dollar for the ground.
But can't he see that his greed will now damage the club he professes to love ?

And how can he expect the court to help such childish motives ?
The judge cleverly dismantled the persona which Kevin likes to present to the fans.

If he wants all his money back , and gets all his money back , what legacy is left for us to respect ?

I would love to see a psychiatric dissection of McCabe's personality.

There is definitely a disorder in there , maybe even a mental illness.

He's a self made multi millionaire mate. You don't do that by being a thoroughly nice and decent chappy. I agree with you on the other points though, McCabe has a been outted for what he actually is. I can now understand why the prince couldn't continue to work with him and acted like he did over the past couple of years. I would have done the same. As you say, McCabe finally gambled with his half of the club, and lost! So bye bye Kev. No hard feelings and all that but don't fuck us over now, ok.

I don't even think the Wendy fans find 'McSue' very funny these days.

Given that The PL had given the CheatinAmmers a slap and the risk and told us to run along and play nicely, what do you think he should have done?

Sueing the cheating bastards was the only course of option open and they settled with us, proving the action was worthwhile. What would you have done?

Yeah, but it's what happened afterwards which was the bummer.

Did we get any parachute payments o/c our relegation? Sure, McCabe secured £18m (or so) from Tevezgate but we lost a helluva lot of talent on contract waivers or other such 'fuck playing in the Championship' deals and we appointed an incompetent pisshead as our preferred way out of the embarrassment at first shout. Thereby starts the legendary fall from grace and our seemingly endless shit in the third flight, manager after failed manager, depleting footballing talent-a-go-go.

Anyone who tries to give it the 'yeah, but he brought Wilder in, didn't he?' nonsense needs a bit of a word with themselves, especially if they were in the ...

1. "Blackwell ... worra fucking appointment!"
2. "Wilson ... worra fucking appointment!"
3. "Weir ... worra fucking appointment!"
4. "Clough ... worra fucking appointment!"
5. "Adkins ... worra fucking appointment!"

... gang. How much has that lot cost the club to employ, and then to sack? People say, "ooh, he purra lorroh munneh in thanose!" Yeah, fuckin' right too. Expectations are high. Especially when you're getting tubbed by Colchester, Bury, Shrewsbury, Scunny and Peterborough at BDTBL on the Desso and you're finishing eleventh in the third tier.

No sympathy for him, TBH. I'm just sorry it's had to end like this, but it had to end like this, to move on.

pommpey

Back
Top Bottom