McCabe, our plight and the apologists ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

To be fair SUFC at the bottom of League 1 with over 100 points to play for , could seem attractive to someone .............

I'm not sure how much they need to drink tho'

even if we win 40 games and win the title its unlikely there will be a profit in it

income will increase a bit , but we will have to spend to retain a place

how would anyone know
when someone buys a new car for 30000k
what do they expect back after 15 years, the full ammount
same with most players, unless they fall into the lamborghini range

princey took a punt on us returning to the prem to make money
Ive forked out 2 euros for a lottery ticket
might have to take a loss

...erm, but you're saying McCabe wants a 'bit back'
Why?

...erm, but you're saying McCabe wants a 'bit back'
Why?
well he wont give the club away will he
bramall lanes worth a few bob, even if the team isnt
I reckon wed be worth 20m upwards as a going concern with little debts

mccabe should expect at least 20m for selling everything
still taking a swift kick in the nuts for what hes laid out, wether you argue hes put in 30 50 or 70 m

well he wont give the club away will he
bramall lanes worth a few bob, even if the team isnt
I reckon wed be worth 20m upwards as a going concern with little debts

Catch up, the club doesnt own Bramall Lane...it's already with McCabe's companies, so that's a non-issue.

So now what?

Catch up, the club doesnt own Bramall Lane...it's already with McCabe's companies, so that's a non-issue.

So now what?
what bollocks , no one would buy the club without the ground
as mccabe did
the teams worth shit

If I were worth millions I wouldnt look at us without the ground in the deal
no one else still with their faculties would

what bollocks , no one would buy the club without the ground
as mccabe did
the teams worth shit

Oh dear...sorry to break this to you but McCabe took the ground, hotel, academy etc when Princey came in, in exchange for writing off £34 million quid worth of 'debt' his companies had loaned the club...debt he had zero chance of getting back any other way.

Ask Scott, erm.. Sean Thornton ..or read some of the threads on the subject on here.

...still, Barney agreement with you, no one would buy a club without a ground, that's just daft..

Oh dear...sorry to break this to you but McCabe took the ground, hotel, academy etc when Princey came in, in exchange for writing off £34 million quid worth of 'debt' his companies had loaned the club...debt he had zero chance of getting back any other way.

Ask Scott, erm.. Sean Thornton ..or read some of the threads on the subject on here.
purely for tax purposes
iphone bought wednesday and got the ground , that was worth something

whos going to buy a name , which is all youd get without the ground

the chelsea ground is listed in Abramovichs companies

no one would buy chelsea without the ground

this bollocks about mccacbe would sell the club , but rent out the ground is as real as Harry Potter stories

nobody with that sort of money is that fucking stupid

look at most clubs the grounds in the chairmans name, or listed as a subsidiary for tax purposes how fucking amazing

purely for tax purposes
iphone bought wednesday and got the ground , that was worth something

whos going to buy a name , which is all youd get without the ground

the chelsea ground is listed in Abramovichs companies

no one would buy chelsea without the ground

this bollocks about mccacbe would sell the club , but rent out the ground is as real as Harry Potter stories

nobody with that sort of money is that fucking stupid

look at most clubs the grounds in the chairmans name, how fucking amazing

Now that's bollocks.

Whoops....so you've not heard that we're renting the ground for £360k per annum?

Oh dear again...

Now that's bollocks.

Whoops....so you've not heard that we're renting the ground for £360k per annum?

Oh dear again...
we can offset costs towards rental , if we get it for nothing we get nothing back
eat that bollocks

tell me whos paying this rent
sheffield united , which is owned by ,,,, fill in the space

so your arguing mccabe is charging mccabe 360 k a year
no wonder we are losing money

whoops in deed

we can offset costs towards rental , if we get it for nothing we get nothing back
eat that bollocks

tell me whos paying this rent
sheffield united , which is owned by ,,,, fill in the space

Oh, so you didn't know...well, 50% of the club is owned by 'Kev's 'little helper', Princey..

Oh, so you didn't know...well, 50% of the club is owned by 'Kev's 'little helper', Princey..
yes its what they call in business a partership
if we sell the club he gets his percentage

I dont get this argument
so we might sell the club
and mccabe will lease an 8 acre site in central sheffield for 30 k a month, or 7500 a week

even west ham would take that
rather than fork out 30m you could own the lane for 3 years for a million ,,,bargain

yes its what they call in business a partership
if we sell the club he gets his percentage

I dont get this argument
so we might sell the club
and mccabe will lease an 8 acre site in central sheffield for 30 k a month, or 7500 a week

even west ham would take that
rather than fork out 30m you could own the lane for 3 years for a million ,,,bargain

He might well put it up to £1 million a year also...as is rumoured? Who knows, they're separate companies, as I said...this wasn't done for 'tax reasons'...the club makes a loss, what tax?

The Prince's company owns half of the football club...so it's not simply one of McCabe's businesses paying another...

He might well put it up to £1 million a year also...as is rumoured? Who knows, they're separate companies, as I said...this wasn't done for 'tax reasons'...the club makes a loss, what tax?

The Prince's company owns half of the football club...so it's not simply one of McCabe's businesses paying another...
vat
if we are paying 360 k a year rent we get 72 k back in vat as its commercial

its a tax benefit , not a cheat so Im told

if he gifts us it for nothing , we get nothing

vat
if we are paying 360 k a year rent we get 72 k back in vat

its a tax benefit , not a cheat so Im told

So you were unaware that McCabe had shifted the ground, hotel etc from the club to another of his companies until half an hour ago, you were unaware that he's charging the club £360k a year rent...now you're claiming it's purely for the benefit of the club..yep, I can see how the club is benefitting by languishing at the bottom of div 3 and a death of a thousand cuts.

Good stuff.

So you were unaware that McCabe had shifted the ground, hotel etc from the club to another of his companies until half an hour ago, you were unaware that he's charging the club £360k a year rent....
of course not its standard practise . its been in the accounts for years
my previous employer was split into 4 sections to offset payments
you go on like its something extraordinary

the argument that mccabe would keep the ground in a sale and charge 360 k a year rent is laughable
and he cant double the rent as queen victoria is dead

of course not its standard practise . its been in the accounts for years
my previous employer was split into 4 sections to offset payments
you go on like its something extraordinary

the argument that mccabe would keep the ground in a sale and charge 360 k a year rent is laughable
and he cant double the rent as queen victoria is dead

Quite clearly, McCabe doesn't have to sell the ground with any sale of the club, that's the point!
Furthermore, he's already done it and is charging £360k a year rent, but you're have my problems accepting the fact.

He sold 50% of the club to Princey, no ground/hotel..what part of this are you struggling to understand?

Btw, your theory about renting the ground back so the club can claim a bit of VAT back is perhaps the best defence of the McCabes regime yet..perhaps he should charge £5 million...think of the VAT the club could claim back!!! ( you do understand how VAT works, right, can you charge vat on rent?)

Madness indeed..

Last edited:
Quite clearly, McCabe doesn't have to sell the ground with any sale of the club, that's the point!
Furthermore, he's already done it and is charging £360k a year rent, but you're have my problems accepting the fact.

He sold 50% of the club to Princey, no ground/hotel..what part of this are you struggling to understand?

Btw, your theory about renting the ground back so the club can claim a bit of VAT back is perhaps the best defence of the McCabes regime yet..perhaps he should charge £5 million...think of the VAT the club could claim back!!! ( you do understand how VAT works, right?)

Madness indeed..

I UNDERSTAND ALL OF IT

He doesnt have to sell the ground but he wouldnt be able to pay princey back if he just sells the name
360k a year os for 8 acres a piddling ammount

ask any commercial agent what 8 acres of central sheffield land would cost a week
we rent out 1 of our 250 sq meters of office space for a tenth of that a month in the corner

again no investor would buy sheffield united without the ground
its the only thing with a fixed value

I UNDERSTAND ALL OF IT

He doesnt have to sell the ground but he wouldnt be able to pay princey back if he just sells the name

ask any commercial agent what 8 acres of central sheffield land would cost a week
we rent out 1 of our 250 sq meters of office space for a tenth of that a month in the corner

Why would he 'pay Princey back', for what?

You don't seem to understand that Princey owns 50% of the club...he promised X amount over a number of years for his 50%, McCabe owes him nothing..he doesn't need to pay him back anything!

it's up to Princey if he wants to sell it at whatever price he can get...same with McCabe...

You appear to be winging it and flailing badly...

We ?? - The Forsyth Centre, if thats what you mean is another McCabe Family owned thing

Interested to know who pays that a month to them

'We' indeed...wonder which one this is?

I UNDERSTAND ALL OF IT

Our Saudi friend bought half of the club with no ground, no hotel, no business centre and not even one of McCabe's grey pubes.

We ?? - The Forsyth Centre, if thats what you mean is another McCabe Family owned thing

Interested to know who pays that a month to them

they built it they get the money
its sort of how business works
would we even be asking questions if we were in the championship

doubt it

Our Saudi friend bought half of the club with no ground, no hotel, no business centre and not even one of McCabe's grey pubes.
hes just a half owner of the club , nothing unusual about that
why bring him into it
hes a sleeping partner at the moment as hes tied up up in Saudi

Hes not involved in the ground , but neither are other board members
again similar to most clubs

hes just a half owner of the club , nothing unusual about that
why bring him into it
hes a sleeping partner at the moment as hes tied up up in Saudi
You said "no investor would buy Sheffield United without the ground. It's the only thing of fixed value". So why would somebody buy half of it without half of the ground to secure the investment? And I think you'll find you brought "Princey" into it.

they built it they get the money
its sort of how business works
would we even be asking questions if we were in the championship

doubt it
I think you will find it was another £1 job

I always wonder how much the club pay to house the police control room in the McCabe corner

Another lump of cash bleeding out the club

You said "no investor would buy Sheffield United without the ground. It's the only thing of fixed value". So why would somebody buy half of it without half of the ground to secure the investment? And I think you'll find you brought "Princey" into it.

he bought a place on the board of the football club
wasnt near an ammount to buy the ground

I think you will find it was another £1 job

I always wonder how much the club pay to house the police control room in the McCabe corner

Another lump of cash bleeding out the club
hard as it is for some to hear mccabe is the club, for now
why some dont accept that the owner owns the club is baffling

Back
Top Bottom