Mcburnie - Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Anyone care to confirm where and when this long ball theory started, and why Burnley would view him as an option, Swansea and Barnsley were not playing like Burnley when he was scoring

Anyone care to confirm where and when this long ball theory started, and why Burnley would view him as an option, Swansea and Barnsley were not playing like Burnley when he was scoring
As soon as we bought him to play in the Premier League. Wilder's approach to defensive tactics was to get the ball as far away from our goal as quickly as possible. That should have been through the Wilderball CB>Norwood>ping>WB>CM>AM>WB>Striker but the removal of the AM (Duffy) role removed the vertical passing options in midfield and the shutting down of our wingbacks did the rest. The only option for the man with the ball quickly became a 40 yard Hail Mary in the vague direction of Oli McBurnie's head.

How do you know that? And are you really suggesting that we'd have encouraged bids for McBurnie when that would leave us with Sharp (36 on Saturday), McGoldrick (34), Jebbison (18) and Brewster (21 and injured for an unspecified period). That would have been borderline negligent regardless of your views on McBurnie.
Dunno.

Maybe going round telling all and sundry “I’ve been wank” put em all off.

Maybe 🤔.

UTB

Nixon reporting this morning that West Brom may make a late move for McBurnie after missing out on Liam Delap

Yeah right!

Nixon reporting this morning that West Brom may make a late move for McBurnie after missing out on Liam Delap

Yeah right!
Surly we wont let him go to a promotion rival? And if he did go, you just know he will he scoring for fun.

Would be a bit suicidal from us unless we have someone lined up. Sharp injured for the foreseeable would leave us with Brewster/ Jebbo

Are we doing a Lunny mk2 here? Get him firing only to leave for free at the end of season? Just saying ..

Depends what they are offering. His performance was great yesterday but one swallow doesn’t make a summer and despite it being excellent, it was another game without a goal. My thoughts:

5m - nope
10m - get back to you
15m+ - get the car running

We have N’Diaye, Brewster and Jebbison to get us through to the World Cup break. Potentially we still have now Khadra, Berge, Doyle and McAtee still to back them up.

Money might talk here if the option is nothing at the end of the season especially if it means keeping others.

It all depends on fee and having a better replacement lined up within budget.

Devil's advocate here. The blocks on the line was almost mirace-ish for rovers.
Well it helps when the striker twats it straight at you from six yards out, or to be more accurate, the only way you can hope to stop them from six yards out, is if the striker twats it straight at you.

Don’t get me wrong, I thought he did most things well, but his composure in front of goal is absolutely awful, which is always going to hinder your performance, when scoring goals is your primary role.

What’s more, Brewster is not someone who you’d identify as the calm, clinical finisher we so desperately need to get to the PL

Last edited:
Well it helps when the striker twats it straight at you from six yards out, or to be more accurate, the only way you can hope to stop them from six yards out, is if the striker twats it straight at you.

Don’t get me wrong, I thought he did most things well, but his composure in front of goal is absolutely awful, which is always going to hinder your performance, when scoring goals is your primary role.

What’s more, Brewster is not someone who you’d identify as the calm, clinical finisher we so desperately need to get to the PL
On a few he either hit it or it rolled to one of there lot or as you said he lacked composure. Hopefully he gets time in to think next time. Regarding brewster I don't think he has it unfortunately

Depends what they are offering. His performance was great yesterday but one swallow doesn’t make a summer and despite it being excellent, it was another game without a goal. My thoughts:

5m - nope
10m - get back to you
15m+ - get the car running

We have N’Diaye, Brewster and Jebbison to get us through to the World Cup break. Potentially we still have now Khadra, Berge, Doyle and McAtee still to back them up.

Money might talk here if the option is nothing at the end of the season especially if it means keeping others.
Anything over 1 million and I'd snap their hands off

Surprised to see so many supporting a move. They obviously think Utd can cope with Ndiaye, Brewster, Sharp, Jebbison and Osula but I'm afraid I don't.

Tbh I can't see WBA offering anything like enough to tempt Utd into selling.

I think McB has an important role to play this season and getting a goal would give him a huge boost - what he'd give for one going in off his arse like Ndiaye's first yesterday.

Surprised to see so many supporting a move. They obviously think Utd can cope with Ndiaye, Brewster, Sharp, Jebbison and Osula but I'm afraid I don't.

I think McB has an important role to play this season and getting a goal would give him a huge boost - what he'd give for one going in off his arse like Ndiaye's first yesterday.
One out. At least one in.

We are short up top as things stand in any event.

UTB.

Agree, just imagine if Jebbo, Brewster or Ndiaye pick up an injury. Wouldn’t be surprised if Billy is a no show this year. If, and I mean if he did go for a decent fee we could move for either Lucas Jaow or Stewart from Sunderland

Back
Top Bottom