Mcburnie - Burnley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd be surprised if any club took Berge or McBurnie permanently this month. Both hardly played, so why would any club commit to a long contract for either? Best offer we'll get is to take them on loan with option to buy in the summer.

At £5 million I'm not sure I would sell. That would represent a big loss and who could we get as a replacement?

Suppose it all depends how eager we are to get him of the wage bill.
Think I read in the Secret Footballer book a while back that if a club sells you, you would expect your contract to be paid up, or at the very least then negotiate a settlement to cover a percentage of the remaining contract. So selling a player might not be as effective at getting them off the wage bill as we’d like to think.

Would expect Burnley to go for Kieffer Moore if they want a like-for-like replacement for Wood.

Think the sale of Woods has possibly put the nail in the Burnley coffin.
cannot see the owners wanting to spend fortunes to replace him.

McCabe had us lined up to sell to them, their performance in this window is indicative of the level of investment we would have had

£5m + Add ons:
  • £1m per street brawl (extra £500k if it makes the Daily Mail)
  • £2m per Driving Ban
  • £5m if he ever breaks into an actual sprint during the game
  • £0.1m copyright fee for every time an adaptation of our Mcburnie song is sang:

He's our striker he's our number 9,
Fashion Icon with a life of crime,
£5m and he came from the blades,
And because he's not jabbed he'll never play.

No one's bidding 25m for Berge at this moment in time. I'd be suprised if we get that much for McBurnie

£5 million is a lot of money to lose out on this transfer but if McBurnie's attitude is all wrong (and only those who train with him will know that) then we're left with no real option. I can't imagine we'll have many bidders. I would hope $5 million would be a basic though with quite a lot of add-ons, just in case he comes good.

£5m + Add ons:
  • £1m per street brawl (extra £500k if it makes the Daily Mail)
  • £2m per Driving Ban
  • £5m if he ever breaks into an actual sprint during the game
  • £0.1m copyright fee for every time an adaptation of our Mcburnie song is sang:

He's our striker he's our number 9,
Fashion Icon with a life of crime,
£5m and he came from the blades,
And because he's not jabbed he'll never play.

There's bound to be a sex tape at some stage. Add £5 million for that.

Think I read in the Secret Footballer book a while back that if a club sells you, you would expect your contract to be paid up, or at the very least then negotiate a settlement to cover a percentage of the remaining contract. So selling a player might not be as effective at getting them off the wage bill as we’d like to think.

If the player hasn't asked to leave then I think the above may ring true. Some agents will ask for a loyalty bonus for getting their man off the wage bill.

Think the sale of Woods has possibly put the nail in the Burnley coffin.
cannot see the owners wanting to spend fortunes to replace him.

McCabe had us lined up to sell to them, their performance in this window is indicative of the level of investment we would have had
Rumoured earlier via Talksport, Newcastle have not activated the trigger clause, that only kicks in, in the close season, apparently some un named source has said its an an agreed, straight transfer,, sparking the rumour Burnley are cashing in, prepping for relegation, not forgetting the takeover put them in debt

Rumoured earlier via Talksport, Newcastle have not activated the trigger clause, that only kicks in, in the close season, apparently some un named source has said its an an agreed, straight transfer,, sparking the rumour Burnley are cashing in, prepping for relegation, not forgetting the takeover put them in debt

I confidently predict that Burnley will be below Utd in the league table this time next year - Dyche being poached by a top-end Champ club (I can't see any Prem club going for him) will finish them off. ALK would have been just as devastating an impact on Utd had they manged to buy the club

I confidently predict that Burnley will be below Utd in the league table this time next year - Dyche being poached by a top-end Champ club (I can't see any Prem club going for him) will finish them off. ALK would have been just as devastating an impact on Utd had they manged to buy the club
Completely agree, although Dyche might take some time out, see if anyone that gets into the PL from the Championship thus season, gets trigger happy when they are inevitably in a relegation battle

Completely agree, although Dyche might take some time out, see if anyone that gets into the PL from the Championship thus season, gets trigger happy when they are inevitably in a relegation battle

You might be right although no Prem team was tempted to go with CW and SD would be an even more expensive choice - he's on fortunes at Burnley and I doubt would settle for much/any less elsewhere while he's still in contract.

You might be right although no Prem team was tempted to go with CW and SD would be an even more expensive choice - he's on fortunes at Burnley and I doubt would settle for much/any less elsewhere while he's still in contract.
But realistically his stock is high, his reputation is intact, up until Burnley get relegated, then it changes from, wonderful job on a budget, good old Burnley defying the odds to old fashioned, one dimensional tactics etc
The link that seems to have been around for years re him going to Palace, no longer exists with the job Viera has done and style change, Dyche's next move is looking limited

But realistically his stock is high, his reputation is intact, up until Burnley get relegated, then it changes from, wonderful job on a budget, good old Burnley defying the odds to old fashioned, one dimensional tactics etc
The link that seems to have been around for years re him going to Palace, no longer exists with the job Viera has done and style change, Dyche's next move is looking limited
Newcastle should they go down would be a shout.

Newcastle should they go down would be a shout.

I suspect with a bottomless budget, they'll be aiming for higher profile than Dyche, regardless of which division they'll be in. The biggest mistake they could make would be to give Howe a chance of getting them back up if they do indeed go down - I'm entirely unconvinced by him.

I suspect with a bottomless budget, they'll be aiming for higher profile than Dyche, regardless of which division they'll be in. The biggest mistake they could make would be to give Howe a chance of getting them back up if they do indeed go down - I'm entirely unconvinced by him.
Bottomless budget yes but not the profile yet to attract top top players. Dyche is pragmatic yes but he gets results if backed he’d walk the championship and could be Newcastle’s Mark Hughes does a solid job whilst incrementally improving the quality of the squad until it’s attractive enough to get that next level of coach and player.

Bottomless budget yes but not the profile yet to attract top top players. Dyche is pragmatic yes but he gets results if backed he’d walk the championship and could be Newcastle’s Mark Hughes does a solid job whilst incrementally improving the quality of the squad until it’s attractive enough to get that next level of coach and player.

I totally agree Yogi and I personally think he'd be a great choice for them. However, I suspect they'll try to shortcut the process and go for a bigger name next (a Ranieri type).

I totally agree Yogi and I personally think he'd be a great choice for them. However, I suspect they'll try to shortcut the process and go for a bigger name next (a Ranieri type).
Oooft Ranieri would be a great for the entertainment value I could see him tanking them and managing to screw up promotion with the biggest advantage ever.

Does he want a lift , I’m driving up that way on Friday

Only in football could a player that’s been awful for 2 seasons consecutively can’t get in our squad most of the time never mind starting 11 then gets signed by a premiership team.

Back
Top Bottom