Matty Longstaff

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bruce has said “We’ve had one or two inquiries. We’re hoping something will happen with him in the next couple of days

I don’t get this one but I’m more than happy to put that entirely down to my ignorance of him.
I personally preferred the look of Garner as he’s performed at this level last season but while being underwhelmed at the signing I’d be interested to see him play. He has a pedigree, I’m not unsure around his quality.

Last edited:
Genuinely, is he better than brunt?
They’re very different players brunt is an attacking centremid/10 and longstaff is more defensive minded. As to which ones better who knows let’s out them on a pitch together and find out

not the most inspiring of signings if it happens but think we have to give the lad a chance same as the algerian guy we need more bodies in midfield

Considering what we currently have to choose from in midfield, I think this lad could give us some much needed energy in there.

Gerrimin I say.

This was the only one of those publicised that I thought was definitely do able we must not have been in for him.

This was the only one of those publicised that I thought was definitely do able we must not have been in for him.
No strong interest surely as i fail to believe aberdeen is a more attractive offer or are offering more money

No strong interest surely as i fail to believe aberdeen is a more attractive offer or are offering more money
Yeah I’m inclined to agree. A positive take would be that we’re looking elsewhere for a higher quality player. A negative slant is that there’s no one coming and we’re going with what we’ve got

Yeah I’m inclined to agree. A positive take would be that we’re looking elsewhere for a higher quality player. A negative slant is that there’s no one coming and we’re going with what we’ve got
Praying that we have stuff lined up, for the owner and recruitment teams sake because they will be torn apart if not

Praying that we have stuff lined up, for the owner and recruitment teams sake because they will be torn apart if not
I’m not so sure I think we’ll stamp our feet and gnash our teeth but who does that really affect? Times have changed there won’t be any shouting at Kevin in the car park anymore the prince won’t have to deal with the backlash he’s never here.

I’m not so sure I think we’ll stamp our feet and gnash our teeth but who does that really affect? Times have changed there won’t be any shouting at Kevin in the car park anymore the prince won’t have to deal with the backlash he’s never here.
Fans forum a week after window shuts isn’t there?

Fans forum a week after window shuts isn’t there?
That’s one heavily curated night and likely to be very polite regardless of how searching and pointed the questions are. I think good questions will be asked and we’ll get some insight into the clubs side of things. But I don’t see any backlash from the fans over transfer inactivity changing the clubs plans

That’s one heavily curated night and likely to be very polite regardless of how searching and pointed the questions are. I think good questions will be asked and we’ll get some insight into the clubs side of things. But I don’t see any backlash from the fans over transfer inactivity changing the clubs plans
Fingers crossed we’re in advanced talks with a few and no leaks are coming out so as to not get targets poached from us

Fingers crossed we’re in advanced talks with a few and no leaks are coming out so as to not get targets poached from us
Yeah I’m still holding on to completely irrational hope 😂

The backlash will come at the Lane, following the first home defeat and/or poor performance after the window shuts. Sadly, that will probably knock the player's confidence even more, and won't help the manager in the short term.

The backlash will come at the Lane, following the first home defeat and/or poor performance after the window shuts. Sadly, that will probably knock the player's confidence even more, and won't help the manager in the short term.
I’m sure it will my point is who will be there to hear it? It’s just a reality of being run by someone who doesn’t live in Sheffield it was the same under Kev at the end when the board had been trimmed down those making decisions aren’t bumping into blades on a daily basis so the level of accountability isn’t the same. It is what it is really just comes with the territory of modern football.

Genuine question: if we sign no one else besides that 35 year old midfielder, davies and a goalkeeper, is this the owners fault or recruitment team? Surely all budgets would have been agreed to months ago and targets to fit that budget. Surely this is on the recruitment team

Genuine question: if we sign no one else besides that 35 year old midfielder, davies and a goalkeeper, is this the owners fault or recruitment team? Surely all budgets would have been agreed to months ago and targets to fit that budget. Surely this is on the recruitment team
Both I would imagine ownership for not providing a budget which was sufficient to give us the flexibility to change approach if plan A fails. The recruitment team for being too ambitious in our loan targets meaning they weren’t attainable it’s a collective miscalculation

I think we're either staggeringly incompetent (which is fairly likely given our history) or there is something more sinister going on (quite likely). The problem is it's impossible to tell where the issues lie. It could be the Prince, or Betis, or Mitchell, or something else entirely. There's been very little in the way of communication since the end of last season. So everyone, including the press, is left guessing things.

100% will be the case. Even if they don't come to fruition, we're obviously trying in the background.

Understandably the need to loan/sell players is a big factor on incomings - as can't go hugely over budget just for a promotion push. We're not financial cheats like Wolves/Bournemouth. Just look at Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom