Matty Longstaff

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Interesting shout. Think he'll be aiming higher than the Championship if he does leave, but you never know.

Also; that website is fucking awful. So many pop ups. Just told it fuck off and closed it down with finishing the article.

Is he the big on or the small one? Not a chance the big one leaves, he's a first team regular, so I imagine it's the smaller one.

Edit - just checked, it's the younger (small) one. This would make sense as a loan. He's barely featured for Newcastle so a full season in Championship on loan would give them an indication of how his career will progress

I thought a loan to buy January, performances permitting for a cut price would suit all parties . Rotherham lad, might find his niche here rather than with his bro in the Toon. sorry idleurchin for the shitty choice of site, but it’s a story echoed elsewhere.

I thought a loan to buy January, performances permitting for a cut price would suit all parties . Rotherham lad, might find his niche here rather than with his bro in the Toon. sorry idleurchin for the shitty choice of site, but it’s a story echoed elsewhere.
Not your fault bud. Was just having a moan generally.

And yes, you’re right, loads of sites like that about. Star website is also unusable.

‘We are supposed to be going for quality over quantity at last.‘ That’ll depend on selling quality first.. catch 22 but.. We do need to recruit players with development still in them, rather than over 30’s.

He's too small imho.

Unless they are exceptional, like Messi, I think you need reasonable size in the Championship.

At 1.71 he doesn't add that at all.

He's a better option than Fleck. Box to box midfielder who isn't afraid of shooting. Lots of energy. Not sure you'd want to play Vieira, Longstaff and Berge/Norwood together though

He's too small imho.

Unless they are exceptional, like Messi, I think you need reasonable size in the Championship.

At 1.71 he doesn't add that at all.
Same height as Buendia, Cantwell, Benrahma, Eze, Foden, Mata, Shaqiri, Fleck, Periera, Milner, Salah, Sawyers, Sharp, Walcott, Wijnaldum, Willian, Mane, Aguero, Redmond, St maximin, Brooks etc

So many good players that are knocking around the 5ft6-8 territory.

He's a good player, technical and a good passer. Signing big lumps to push about the opposition is not a criteria that our signings should need to fall under. Decent footballers first!

There's some crap on here. The lad is garbage, had a brief cameo role for a couple of games 2 years ago and scored a worldy.

Translates to better than anyone we have, box 2 box and isn't afraid to have a shot.

No thanks.

I've just asked my mate to ask him... his sister is dating Matty Longstaff 🤣. Doubt I'll get a response.

Matty Longstaff has been given the green light to leave Newcastle United on loan, with Sheffield United, Blackburn Rovers and Huddersfield Town all keen.​

Newcastle United midfielder Matty Longstaff is no stranger to Championship loan interest, West Brom and Middlesbrough were both said keen on the youngster, who has been unable to nail down a starting spot under Steve Bruce.

Now, three new teams have been said keen on Longstaff, with Newcastle ready to send him out on loan.

The72.co.uk
Editorial Manager: "Matty Longstaff allowed to leave on loan, run a story will you"

Writer: "OK sound, Huddersfield and Blackburn are interested aren't they?"

EM: "Say Sheff Utd are interested too"

W: "They're not are they?"

EM: "Just put it. Also bang in West Brom, they might like him... Oh and Boro because he lives up that way!"

Don’t really think he’s what we need. Not a creative mid or winger.

Not sure he’s better than Jimmy fleck never mind John.

Back
Top Bottom