Matty Longstaff

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Now forest have Garner it's apparently between us and... WBA

So cant see this one going well 🙈

Isn’t Newcastle’s academy notoriously dogshit?

probably missing something but can’t remember anyone that’s come through and done particularly well.

unless he can pick a pass and create something I’d probably pass on him.

probably missing something but can’t remember anyone that’s come through and done particularly well.

Gazza, Beardsley, Waddle.. no one too recent tho i can think of

Isn't there a junior football club Wal---- something or other, finds all the decent players in the NE

Hagansbootlaces, The notion that the Industry or more favourably the profession (my apology) leaks is common knowledge and I’m sure we all agree to one extent or another on that. The idea that we would have 10 targets lined up a view expressed by yourself, is also, as you stated to BushBlade “difficult to prove or disprove” accurately.

When asked about recruiting the prince had mentioned or implied that wilder would only come to him with one target and that made the ability to negotiate difficult, that one comment alone made many fans believe that without wilder and his non flexible stance on targets we would be able to navigate a wider section of the transfer market. I’ve yet to see the evidence of this, in fact it’s very much the opposite. Vieira for example, is an once highly rated English footballer that has had a bit of an adventure around different countries but not quite made the grade, he‘s played little football and unfortunately failed his medical. The name Vieira could quite easily be replace with Morrison, Rodwell or Burke and the description would remain relatively unchanged, despite this the latter are known as “Wilder type signing” how? Hes not here anymore.

Many on this forum have made excuses for our slow, ponderous and #slothbox like recruitment, some of which state that we may have to wait for premier league clubs to settle their squads, an opinion relevant if it wasn’t for the fact teams throughout the leagues have been signing youngsters on loan for weeks and even doing business for fees without the luxury of parachute payments. Revolution is right we need players in, that are creators, this brings me back to a post I made earlier in the thread, about the parameters our recruitment team work within which on the face of it are extremely restricted - Cheap, homegrown talent, willing to come on loan to either revive a career or begin one it’s impossible not to think we aren’t going around in circles when the pool of players seems so small.
Don't disagree. I guess the only variable is now the league we find ourselves in.

It's probably easier to attract and gain work permits for foreign players into the PL than the Championship.

100% agree, Champagneblade, brexit as effectively shut the market for teams that don’t have vast amounts of disposable income in the championship. The United World model will probably in time allow us to circumnavigate some of the restrictions I.e. buying to loan out players in order to qualify for work permits but although an advantage at championship level, this is a slow burner (production line just switched on), and dependent on our league status we may only ever see these types of players benefit us via transfer fees anyway.

Other creative ways to widen the scope would be looking at players that are eligible for English citizenship or already have it, players like Etienne Green (GK in french Ligue 1) or Ryan Thomas (CM for PSV). The caveat to this approach, still unfortunately boils down to having some money to spend, however it would be cheaper to do this than try and sign/justify wages of foreign players. Really hope the club do further research into this approach, as I know some others are. The worry is PL teams will have the ability to sign foreign players when promoted, then get relegated with teams way stronger than the predominantly British teams in the championship. Effectively meaning 4th 5th and 6th are the places realistically up for grabs.

Last edited:
Sounds a little out there but I think if Slav wants us to play like his Fulham, Andy Carroll would be a decent Mitrovic.
Would also be like mousset… always injured. Its a shame cause andy carrol causes problems but i reckon if you give mcburnie wingers like mitrovic had at fulham, he could do the same job

The lad who Southampton signed from Blackburn this summer came through Newcastle set up.

Armstrong I think it is.

People bang on about Slav needing his 'type of players' but what on earth does Matty Longstaff offer. Out of all the names mentioned this is the one I least want to happen. So yeah it'll probably be announced soon.

Back
Top Bottom