Matty Longstaff

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is he left out right sided, or either?!

I assume this is an alternative to Garner
With all the players we must know about through our scouts, United world, rip van winkle, Beerscot etc and we come up with feckin Longstaff who scored a couple of super goals once a long time ago can’t make a sh!t Newcastle squad and…… oh I give up if true

Not exactly inspiring - can't get anywhere near Newcastle's midfield, which is hardly blessed with talent.

He is a box to box midfielder
He has lots of energy
He has scored a couple

Only 21, local lad, only going to improve with regular football but never looked too bed in a bad team.

I'd rather have him than Fleck and Norwood

I don't know who people are expecting us to sign?

He is a box to box midfielder
He has lots of energy
He has scored a couple

Only 21, local lad, only going to improve with regular football but never looked too bed in a bad team.

I'd rather have him than Fleck and Norwood

I don't know who people are expecting us to sign?

You’ve basically just described Regan Slater. If Longstaff is the answer then someone’s asking the wrong questions, totally the wrong type of midfielder that we lack.

Is he just Norwood in disguise? Tends to occupy centre circle and spray long passes as well as taking free kicks and corners. Not sure it's what we need right now.

It's a no from me.

Luckily looks like deal for him to go to forest is pretty much sealed

Got to love the positivity of this fan base sometimes...

I've seen him a few times and he looked a good young player. Guessing that he's been watched and analysed, like every player, before being signed. Don't bother posting a hilarious picture of Oli Burke.

Just because he hasn't made himself a regular at a Premier League club (yet) does not mean he can't be a very good Championship player.

Got to love the positivity of this fan base sometimes...

I've seen him a few times and he looked a good young player. Guessing that he's been watched and analysed, like every player, before being signed. Don't bother posting a hilarious picture of Oli Burke.

Just because he hasn't made himself a regular at a Premier League club (yet) does not mean he can't be a very good Championship player.
Yeah but nahhhh.... Next!

Surely there's better loan options than him. He's not really an alternative to Vieira if this is what it is meant to be. Different type of midfielder.

Yer man on Twitter (Darren Smith) liked a couple of tweets suggesting he was the alternative. Hardly concrete but he seems a well connected fella.

will be interesting to see how he gets on at Forrest if he goes there. Like i say i think he has ability but with the lack of game time/exposure and his age there is an element of uncertainty and risk about him, like others have said there is a chance he could of come here and been no better than slater or pushed fleck out. A lot of unknowns.

Our scouting department just goes around in circles, so much talent around, the options being tracked are not what we need. Its giving me the impression they have been told who can we get on the cheap, or on loan in England. What a set of parameters.

Newcastle friend really rates him and suggests he would be a good loan for a championship side
There'll always be players that split opinions in fanbases.

But I know a few geordies that think he's utter gash. That said, under Brucey anyone looks gash.

Im surprised we ain’t looking at bacuna from Huddersfield. Only a year left on contract and will accept a cut priced fee

Back
Top Bottom