Gone Elsewhere Matty Cash

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He’s also said to a forest fan Gribbin could be in going there in part of the deal, even tho he’s signed for Barrow

Anyone?

lineup-2.png

I appreciate I'm in a minority (atm), but I think a fully fit Mousset is better than McBurnie.
I'm not sure I know what you mean with fully fit, I can only assume on the one or two brilliant games he had youd class those as his 'fit ones' and all the rest he was carrying a knock?

At his best he's worth £50m, but at his worst he's not worth a place in the squad. If you put that down to injuries then that's fine but McBurnie has constantly shown me a lot more to be optimistic about this season than what Moose has.

As long as Moose is fully fit and at the top of his game then great. If not swap him for McB.

Either way that's a Top 8 pushing for Top 6 side if ever I saw one 👍
The only thing I'm genuinely not sure about is if Cash would be a Baldock replacement or if it would be as pictured above, a more midfield based role.

I know it's been the subject of debate on here but I have a hard time believing that Baldock needs to be upgraded.

If we were in for an out and out full/wing back it would more than likely be on the left in place of Stevens. That would make more sense.

I'm not sure I know what you mean with fully fit, I can only assume on the one or two brilliant games he had youd class those as his 'fit ones' and all the rest he was carrying a knock?

At his best he's worth £50m, but at his worst he's not worth a place in the squad. If you put that down to injuries then that's fine but McBurnie has constantly shown me a lot more to be optimistic about this season than what Moose has.
Not injuries, pure fitness ie stamina. If he got into optimal condition we could easily have the old Moose back.

The only thing I'm genuinely not sure about is if Cash would be a Baldock replacement or if it would be as pictured above, a more midfield based role.

I know it's been the subject of debate on here but I have a hard time believing that Baldock needs to be upgraded.

If we were in for an out and out full/wing back it would more than likely be on the left in place of Stevens. That would make more sense.

Baldock like every other player apart from the elite can be upgraded and at the very least face fierce competition for the shirt. Cash provides that, K Freeman didn't. Stevens has the very decent Osborn as back up, that's not to say Wilder doesn't have an eye on that position also.

I know CW can be ruthless when he needs to be but I really didn't see anything at all last season that showed Baldock needed upgrading. His workrate up and down that wing was unreal. The only thing he needs to address is his final ball but defensively he was exceptional.

Cash would probably be better going forward but wouldn't be as good defensively, which is a bold move to make IMO.

I may be wrong but if the intrest in Cash at those types of prices are genuine then I reckon CW see's him taking Lunny's place.

As for Barneys suggestion I’m unsure why he’s including Cash as a right midfield option and removed Norwood from the side.
Norwood will be back to his best come September.

Isn't that why are in for Swift?

Could be in for both for the role if it looks like Lunny's off as I truly believe Berge will take Norwood's place next season.

If Lunny goes we don't have anyone at all so 2 players for the role would make sense especially if Swift costs anything less than £6m.

As for Barneys suggestion I’m unsure why he’s including Cash as a right midfield option and removed Norwood from the side.
This post has just added another 10 pages to the page number potential of this thread.

In all seriousness, it's either Cash would be replacing Baldock or Norwood.

Baldock doesn't deserve replacing at all, so you would have to say it's Norwood (or Lundstram).

And we are thinking Sander will step into the middle and take on the Norwood Role?

I don’t see that just yet In a 5-3-2.
Fleck-Norwood-Swift (Lunny to be sold is my Top tip)
However, times where we struggle with the overload we may switch to a central two and have a roaming 10 again. Allowing Swift or Fleck to take it up.
Berge/Norwood holding, still have the width from 5 at the back and push Swift or Fleck on giving us creativity in between the line.

Swift arriving deals with the issue of Lunny.

Cash arriving gives competition for Baldock with the added bonus of him also having played further forward and being able to cover Swift as well.

Squad looks a lot stronger and more flexible to tactical changes too.

I seriously worry about the depth of our squad on the right. Really we just have Bash, Baldock, Lunny (if he's here) and Berge (if not at CDM). We've been able to live with that as Bash and Baldock have been fit, firing and available all season. I think we're pushing our luck to just assume the same will happen next time around... At the very least Baldock is due a red at some point! Cash looks both quality and versatile and should push for a start in a couple of positions and give us genuine options when he is on the bench. I'd like to see some cover / competition for Bash and Egan at a similar level. Add in a striker and a keeper (and Swift or Mo as a replacement for Lunny if he goes) and we'd have had a good window to my mind.

It's photoshopped that.
I'm beginning to think that you're right. I wasn't sure at first but then I thought there's no blue line down the middle of Broad St.

My mates normally bang on with this stuff as well although he has been a bit down of late. He says he's got photos of a few of our targets spotted around Sheffield.

1596815978467.png1596816024336.png

Lunny's going to have a run for his money with the Joker outfits

Back
Top Bottom