Gone Elsewhere Matty Cash

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Baldock outshone him easily. Thought George was outstanding tonight
I thought GB did really well too, especially since Villa were constantly trying to overload their left hand side with Grealish. Thought between him, Lundstram and to a lesser extent Berge kept him really quiet.

Last edited:
His crossing was excellent. If Villa were going to score from open play it was from a Grealish cutback with his right peg, or a deep cross from Cash.

Thought he was outstanding tonight in the game at Fulham. Looks a top quality player. Like a Baldock who can cross!

Thought he was outstanding tonight in the game at Fulham. Looks a top quality player. Like a Baldock who can cross!

Class isn't he. Really wanted that one. Hopefully Bogle can offer something that we don't have. He looked good in spells against Burnley.

Villa have kicked on sadly.

Class isn't he. Really wanted that one. Hopefully Bogle can offer something that we don't have. He looked good in spells against Burnley.

Villa have kicked on sadly.
I still think Villa will go down. Beat us with ten men for 80 minutes, then the worst team in the league tonight (which admittedly I didn't watch).

If they'd lost Grealish I'd have agreed with you.
He hardly saved them last season though. Effectively relegated with an asterisk.

I cannot see that back line of theirs (despite the good keeper) keeping them in the Premier League.

Looking at last season chaps, do you think if you'd have landed Cash he would have made much of a difference to your plight in the Prem?

Looking at last season chaps, do you think if you'd have landed Cash he would have made much of a difference to your plight in the Prem?

He's better than anything we had, but our problems weren't really at the back. We had no attack. Whilst Cash would have been an upgrade on Baldock going forwards, it wouldn't have been nearly enough. We were dreadful at creating and converting chances. And I mean dreadful.

No as good as cash looked right back wasn’t our issue baldock had a solid campaign and bogle chipped in. What sunk us was not replacing O’Connell thus completely undermining a style of play which had in part been built around him coupled with losing berge for a large part of the season and not addressing the long standing need for midfield creativity. In that context no right back no matter how good was saving our season.

No as good as cash looked right back wasn’t our issue baldock had a solid campaign and bogle chipped in. What sunk us was not replacing O’Connell thus completely undermining a style of play which had in part been built around him coupled with losing berge for a large part of the season and not addressing the long standing need for midfield creativity. In the context no right back no matter how good was saving our season.

Couple that with Norwood & Fleck being about 50-60% of what they were the season previous. Stevens around 30%. Ramsdale being a significant downgrade on Henderson. Lundstram, Brewster & McBurnie contributing absolutely nothing....

Yeah. We had a few issues.

Could've thrown in a prime Cafu and it wouldn't have neutralised all that.

Going to Atletico?

According to most on this thread he'd not have been an upgrade on Baldock.
I had the same argument with folk about Antonee Robinson who apparently was no better than Enda Stevens.

A lot of our fans were blindsided by our players ability to perform excellently in a system they'd been practicing for several seasons. There's a reason none of our out-field players got big moves after our PL exploits.

Back
Top Bottom