Incoming? Matt Clarke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Clarke's ratings were far higher than the 2 you mentioned. The year before he was Derby's Player of the Year.
The year before Lundstram had a great season, and this one he was shite.

Also the ratings aren’t the be all and end all, especially if it’s the ones on the BBC where the public vote for them.

As I said, I hope I’m wrong, but he wasn’t good last season (and I saw a lot of Derby’s games).

Wouldn't be surprised to see us sign 2 CB's, one on loan and this one seems like a decent enough shout.

Perfectly plausible

Looked great at Pompey couldn’t get in a Brighton side that hoarded all the centrehalves would make a lot of sense.
It's why we are still in the Premier league and you are not. Anyway Ben White is off for 50 million plus. Yes you heard that right 50 MILL. Let that sink in. A player that cost zilch. Released by Southampton picked up by BHA.

It's why we are still in the Premier league and you are not. Anyway Ben White is off for 50 million plus. Yes you heard that right 50 MILL. Let that sink in. A player that cost zilch. Released by Southampton picked up by BHA.
Ok.........not sure where I had a dig at Brighton with what I said. Congrats for developing a young player I understand you’re proud about that we’re proud of our development record as well. I’d have thought you’d have been keen to keep hold rather than sell this summer given the fees the English centrehalves with a couple more years have gone for recently.

Self-righteousness at its peak. I’ll take your Ben White and raise you Harry Maguire, Kyle Walker and Dominic Calvert-Lewin. Seagull botherer.

You're like fucking toothache. Periodically annoying, desperate for a drilling and need filling in. Now fuck off.

How many England players have you had through your Academy in the last few years ?

Are you a small child?

Really good mates with Ben White, we go way back.

Spoke to him and he's really impressed with you defending him an off-topic Sheff Utd forum. You're the subject of many a proud conversation in the dressing room and they actually have SteveM quotes stuck up on the wall at the training ground now.

Fabulous stuff.

Matt Clarke is the reason you are still in the Premier League and we are not??? Anyway Polish U19 international Kacper Lopata is training with our first team. Let that sink in. A player that cost zilch. Released by BHA picked up by dem Blades.

What a lovely homegrown talent story from the plucky underdogs Brighton. I guess it had absolutely nothing to do with the £70m loss that your sugar daddy owner was able to prop you up with then?

Congratulations! You've just got yourself a nomination for Bellend of the year

For me, replacing Bash (age) and JOC (fitness) when the times come was always going to be our biggest task and the one that I'm most apprehensive about, given the niche nature of their role.

They are both the epitome of consistency, professionalism, energy, dedication, creativity, excitement and fitness. They never, ever let you down. Thems be the hugest of shoes to fill, in a very specific role that demands a lot. How incredibly fortunate we've been to see them in their pomp.
Not sure Slav will be perpetuating the “very specific role”(s) - hard enough to find someone to replicate JOC , nigh on impossible to find another Bash (shot of cloning)

I may give you post some credence if you were bragging about keeping White by turning down “50 MILL”
Oh and if you werent a shitwasp who follows Brighton

Why is this one Brighton weirdo trying to make some sort of rivalry between us and them? It's not going to happen. Nobody is ever going to get that worked up about Brighton & Hove Albion. They had to invent a derby with Crystal Palace because nobody actually cares enough.
They could have developed some sort of rivalry with us if a few more of them had stood their ground on the pitch, at the last game of the 1984/85 season at the Goldstone. They didn't. They turned and ran.

I still don't see why we don't just try and get Jake Cooper at Millwall. We are seldom linked and he's exactly what we could do with. He's a danger from set pieces and wins everything in the air.

Post covid it's not as if Millwall will be flush for cash.
This 👆
Should have signed him this time last season imho

Last edited:
The Brighton fan bragging about selling their best player?

Smacks of
4E238C65-4BAC-4A81-9FDC-EC2CFCACEC7E.jpeg

<steveM's mum> "Steven, have you done your homework?"

<steveM> "yes mum"

<steveM's mum> "well then why aren't you outside on a lovely day like this?"

<steveM> "not bothered about being outdoors"

<steveM's mum> "Steven, is anything wrong?, any problems at school?"

<steveM> "no, it's all fine"

<steveM's mum> "only I've noticed, well.....you don't seem to have any friends, Steven?"

<steveM> "got loads of mates"

<steveM's mum> "really?, then how come you spend all day alone in your bedroom?"

<steveM> "cos they don't live round here, that's why?"

<steveM's mum> "well where do they live?"

<steveM> "Sheffield"

<steveM' mum> "Sheffield?, Steven, you've never been to Sheffield?"

<steveM> "met them all on the internet, we chat online, they all think I'm great"

<steveM's mum> "Steven, are you sure about this?, you know what happened last time you met a friend online, that old bloke who was asking you to send him pictures of you in your swimming trunks....."

<steveM> "it's not like that, these lads like to hear my views on football, I explain stuff to them, they all think I am really smart and cool"

<steveM's mum> "Steven, you'll never meet a girl, if you stay in your bedroom all day"

<steveM> "I need to be here, so I can tell them stuff, I just told them one of our players will be sold for 50 million plus, yes, you heard that right mum, 50 mill, now let that sink in"

<steveM's mum> "for gods sake, grow up, Steven"

Ok SteveM I'll bite, but just this once and I'll be very civilised.
It wasn't that many years ago your club was homeless and playing your fixtures on a park field I seem to remember, when your fellow supporters, probably you included looking at your age profile, were begging other fans of league clubs around the country for not only moral support, but also financial, to help get a permanent home. (What is it with these sodding birds, what with the 'save the owls' campaign, then the scraggy seagulls).
We obliged alongside many others. Yet you have the audacity to now come on here giving it large. God knows why as you're considered only as a Premier afterbirth, until your inevitable relegation anytime soon.
Now sod off from whence you came you pathetic, irritating slimeball.

I still don't see why we don't just try and get Jake Cooper at Millwall. We are seldom linked and he's exactly what we could do with. He's a danger from set pieces and wins everything in the air.

Post covid it's not as if Millwall will be flush for cash.
About time we had a centre half that chipped in with a few goals. Good in both boxes...

Really promising article on the type of player Clarke is, all sounds very good for those that are not impressed Apparently very dominant in the air, and "had the best defensive duels win rate in the Championship, including blocks, tackles, interceptions and aerial duels won, according to Five Yards"

Also, apparently very vocal so that all sounds decent. He's at a good age now too, still time to improve but not so young that if he plays well for us in the Prem that we will instantly fight a battle to keep him as we would if he was younger.

Back
Top Bottom