[MATCH OFF] Weather threat to Burton game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WORKSOPBLADE

Reaction score
Do we think this game may be postponed ?

Obviously not due to pitch conditions with the under soil heating but the surrounding pavements and gangways due to health and safety.

Certainly hope not.

I think it'll be on. Main roads are alright, and a few days for the council to get out to the smaller ones.

Everyone's got a big fuck off 4x4 anyway.

No snow worthy of the name forecast between now and then so would expect it to be on with the pitch not being a problem these days.

However with the panic over H&S these days you can never be sure.

Not be long before it's made a federal offence to leave your house when it's slippy under foot.

I'll be offended if the club don't clear every drop of snow within a 5 mile radius of Bramall Lane at least 36 hours before the game!

McCabe out!:)

No snow worthy of the name forecast between now and then so would expect it to be on with the pitch not being a problem these days.

However with the panic over H&S these days you can never be sure.

Not be long before it's made a federal offence to leave your house when it's slippy under foot.
Snows forecast for the majority of Friday after dinner time.
Keeley Donavan has just told me during our weekly oral sex meet up.

Northern Rail are on strike on Saturday which means that I will have to get a taxi home from Leeds.

Get the bloody game called off and rearrange it for a day when I have proper transport facilities.

Always makes me laugh about ‘surrounding areas’ meaning a game is called off. Don’t see Meadowhall, White Rose or Trafford Centre closing when surrounding areas are bad.

It's the amount of foot traffic over a fairly short period if time apparently. Although SYP didn't seem to worry about overloading teams under orders from some acting Chief Desk Jockey in September.

The worse of the snow is over.
Just cold temperatures meaning the snow may take a while to melt.

Being in the city centre though the snow tends not to last too long.
I expect the match to be fine.

Northern Rail are on strike on Saturday which means that I will have to get a taxi home from Leeds.

Get the bloody game called off and rearrange it for a day when I have proper transport facilities.

think they are still running some sort of a service till the evening according to https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/strike but probably no good if you're planning on staying in Sheffield till late after the match.

The pitch is much better than the field it used to be. I can see lots of games being called off this weekend therefore we need to play ours, win and heap pressure on the chasing pack

Just imagine getting snowed in with her and Lucy V ❤️❤️❤️. Would gladly miss the game.

We do like a good weather girl :p

giphy.gif

think they are still running some sort of a service till the evening according to https://www.northernrailway.co.uk/strike but probably no good if you're planning on staying in Sheffield till late after the match.
My last train from Leeds is at 17.56 but my train from Sheffield gets in at 18.06.

I'm not really complaining as I know what a great job the railway staff do and I'm beh8nd em 100%.

One man operated trains would be a disaster on our line at peak times.

Back
Top Bottom