CONFIRMED Mason Holgate

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Great signing.

If he can help shore our defence up that can only be a good thing.

Trusty holgate Anel. Maybe overlapping centre back system could start to work again.

This feels like a Nyron Nosworthy type loan, maybe even a Charlie Goode, if we’re lucky he’s Ciaran Clark and he’s fit for 25% of his games here.

Not one I’m thinking “straight into the first team” having sat in Southampton’s reserves all season.

Signed an experienced player to cover 3 or 4 positions. That's what he wanted. Definitely needs more work though, whether motivational or on the training ground, that would be my concern with this as short term loan. But he is not expected to start if all fit straight away.

Credit to you for giving Grbic a chance. One and a half games.

I agree we should give him a chance but the reality is he’s conceded 7 goals in those 1.5 games. It’s a very Verrips kind of record so far.

Why does it always come across like unless we sign Marquinhos or Rúben Dias we've failed?

Let's give Holgate a chance, might be good, might be bad, only time will tell, at least we've got someone now.
I remember when we signed Clarke, Fleck and Duffy on free transfers. Followed later by McGoldrick and Stevens.

Without checking, i bet they were all viewed negatively on here

Went to the same primary and secondary as Mason, really humble, sound guy. Working class, still talks to his mates in Donny. Wanted us to sign him since he came through with the Dingles, played really well against us. Was quality for WBA against us as well.

GLTTL and UTB.

Went to the same primary and secondary as Mason, really humble, sound guy. Working class, still talks to his mates in Donny. Wanted us to sign him since he came through with the Dingles, played really well against us. Was quality for WBA against us as well.

GLTTL and UTB.

Looking at him doing his interview on Utube, he looks a bit light weight for a defender, let's hope he has some inner strength-

I remember when we signed Clarke, Fleck and Duffy on free transfers. Followed later by McGoldrick and Stevens.

Without checking, i bet they were all viewed negatively on here
No doubt at all, especially on Clarke and Goldie

Shame, such is the unlimited money Fifa generation

✌️

Not sure about the Holgate signing, but willing to give the lad a chance and back him. Hopefully he's a shrewd signing

I think we all have concerns about Wilders touch in transfer land. The I remember the club taking a chance on Didsy and Fleck?

Sometimes wegetit right. I realise it’s a big ask in the Premier League, but Holgate and Tom Davies deserve a chance. Good luck to both of them.
Exactly. Let’s see if he’s got his eye back, or borrowed Columbo’s bad one.

Signed an experienced player to cover 3 or 4 positions. That's what he wanted. Definitely needs more work though, whether motivational or on the training ground, that would be my concern with this as short term loan. But he is not expected to start if all fit straight away.
Wilder used to push Basham into midfield on occasions when we needed some legs there. Holgate has played a bit in midfield, so maybe we'll try that again.

Apparently FFP stopped us buying Joe Worrall and so we ended up with Holgate. How can we possibly be worried about that when we've spent nowt?

Apparently FFP stopped us buying Joe Worrall and so we ended up with Holgate. How can we possibly be worried about that when we've spent nowt?

I think it’s an assumption rather than go with the fact we just can’t afford it given we’ve paid for Archer and won’t get that back until the summer.
Sounds like it’ll be an easy and cheap deal in the summer though, should we want to.

Watch MOTD FA cup highlights for Southampton match in January THIS YEAR. That’s all you need to see🙈
So based on highlights of one cup game on match of the day ,not the multitude of games played under ancelotti at Everton he's bobbar .
I suppose it's the new way to scout watching highlights on motd.
For the record I don't know whether he's good or not I'll wait till he's played 10 games for us before passing comment.

Back
Top Bottom