CONFIRMED Mason Holgate

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No, it’s surely in the eyes of the coaching team to realise and accept were cut adrift and have little to zero chance of retaining our league status.

Looking long term? If we were doing that we’d be getting him in on a permanent deal. Which I’d be more than happy with.

I care because this is the club I support. I also think that that money used for a completely pointless exercise, would be better spent next season on permanent signings. But who am I to think that.

Find it ironic with the “woe is me” comment too. Cause I’m pretty confident he did just that for weeks before throwing himself out the back door 😊
Look mate, I don't do the animosity with fellow posters over whose opinion is more relevant, we all have a view & are batting for the same team, I am just offering a different view point. I have no idea if it is just a straight loan deal or if Wilder thinks he can improve our chances of getting him here for next season?

I care too, but I wouldn't presume I know more about finances & what we can or cannot afford than the club. A loan deal for a single player is simply not going to tip us over the edge; if the deal is within our capabilities I don't really care if it is £2.50p or a million quid, if it doesn't compromise us I don't see the problem.

Look mate, I don't do the animosity with fellow posters over whose opinion is more relevant, we all have a view & are batting for the same team, I am just offering a different view point. I have no idea if it is just a straight loan deal or if Wilder thinks he can improve our chances of getting him here for next season?

I care too, but I wouldn't presume I know more about finances & what we can or cannot afford than the club. A loan deal for a single player is simply not going to tip us over the edge; if the deal is within our capabilities I don't really care if it is £2.50p or a million quid, if it doesn't compromise us I don't see the problem.
No animosity here matey. Apologies if I came across in that way.

Bizarre signing (the purpose of it)

But in Wilder we trust I guess 🤷‍♂️

We are quite short at RCB, and don't have a pot to piss in. So I suppose that's the main reason?

Don’t know too much about him but he doesn’t strike me as the commanding presence the defence needs.

We’ve been walked over and pushed about all season.

Meh - suppose it’s another option but probably a £mil or so that could have been better spend next season when it might impact something.

We are quite short at RCB, and don't have a pot to piss in. So I suppose that's the main reason?

But why does that matter.. we haven’t gone hard enough at this window to offer any chance of survival and we can’t keep Holgate.

The only thing I can assume is that wilder is desperate to get back to 3-5-2 and getting Holgate in allows him to coach his squad back into that system now in preparation for next season.

We are short on centre halves.

We have Anel, Robbo and Trusty.
RND can do lcb and Baldock rcb too but that it. I reckon Egan is out till near end of season. Basham all season of course.

Chances are Holgate comes in as competition. Maybe he pushes someone out but also what about injuries.

We can not be too impressed by him but should we get an injury to one of our centre halves wilder gets criticised for not bringing in more cover.

As for Holgate himself. I can't really comment too much on him.
But at one point he was a relative regular for Everton. Clear he's not in favour anymore but at one stage he must have had something about him.

What a mess this squad is. Only going to get worst next season when there’s a complete rebuild needed.

Bagging our top targets, fair play to the board. Doing what they can to show ambition.

Back
Top Bottom