CONFIRMED Mason Holgate

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bet he does well for us

Also think it'll be a permanent deal. Everton will subsidise quite heavily
He would be great in the Championship at RCB if Wilder goes back to his trusted formation.

I think it is only 1 and it looks like it will be Holgate. We were just covering ourselves by agreeing a loan deal with Forest for Worrall. All a bit underwhelming.

He would be great in the Championship at RCB if Wilder goes back to his trusted formation.
That's what I'm thinking. He's got RCB written all over him. If he focuses on that role, and with good management, I expect him to start performing again - as long as nothing's happened to his athleticism

Worries me that Dyche is quoted as saying that it’s a very favourable deal for Everton. Our position is irreversible, we should be keeping our powder dry and saving what little resources we have for the summer rebuild, not frittering it away on pointless loans that realistically are not going to make a jot of difference.

Attachments

• IMG_0711.png
    IMG_0711.png
    785.8 KB · Views: 53

Worries me that Dyche is quoted as saying that it’s a very favourable deal for Everton. Our position is irreversible, we should be keeping our powder dry and saving what little resources we have for the summer rebuild, not frittering it away on pointless loans that realistically are not going to make a jot of difference.

Yeah but he's hardly going to say 'this is a crap deal for us'

If Ancelotti thinks he's cool. I think he's cool.

Holgate just needs to prove it now.

Yep, Wilder is completely fucking useless, never signed anyone decent ever. What a shame he won't listen to all the experts who know best on here.
Who’s he signed (on similar reported wages) that actually were decent? We’re paying Brewster thousands a week for what? Bloke looks like he’s won a raffle every time he plays.

Why on earth do many of our fans focus on how much he earns? It's pathetic. I have seen him have good spells with Everton as well as poor, maybe confidence or concentration could be an issue, but I would rather take the opinion of Ancelotti over a mardy arse Sheffielder who moans about stuff all the time. One or two things he has got going for him over most of our players, is he is fairly quick, competitive & athletic.

Why on earth do many of our fans focus on how much he earns? It's pathetic. I have seen him have good spells with Everton as well as poor, maybe confidence or concentration could be an issue, but I would rather take the opinion of Ancelotti over a mardy arse Sheffielder who moans about stuff all the time. One or two things he has got going for him over most of our players, is he is fairly quick, competitive & athletic.
Genuine question. What’s the actual purpose of this loan? Cause he’s not keeping us up. So we’re essentially paying part/full wages for a player that’s going to make zero difference and won’t be ours after?

Genuine question. What’s the actual purpose of this loan? Cause he’s not keeping us up. So we’re essentially paying part/full wages for a player that’s going to make zero difference and won’t be ours after?
Agree in principle.
We do still need a few points to not be classed as the worst ever Premier League team. I'd trade £1m to avoid that particular accolade personally.
But then again, it's not my money thankfully!

utb

How do we know? Is it beholden to the coaching staff to present all the fans with all the work they have done in order to be in a position to want him to come? Well it's a rhetorical question because of course it isn't.

The club obviously think he is worth it, maybe for now & maybe looking longer term & what formation we choose to play, I get you don't like it but luckily for us it doesn't need your go-ahead for it to happen.

What do you care about whether it is a "waste of money", it isn't yours? Wilder obviously thinks he can make a difference to what we have now so at least he is being proactive & not sitting locked in a room wringing his hands together chanting " woe is me, woe are we" and submissively waiting for when relegation is confirmed.

We’ve signed an international keeper.

A 126 game Premiership defender who the manager followed for a long time.

An international forward who has already scored twice in two starts.

All depends how you decide to view it!

😉
Just need our international keeper to make an actual save and I'll feel better about Sheffield United life 😄

How do we know? Is it beholden to the coaching staff to present all the fans with all the work they have done in order to be in a position to want him to come? Well it's a rhetorical question because of course it isn't.

The club obviously think he is worth it, maybe for now & maybe looking longer term & what formation we choose to play, I get you don't like it but luckily for us it doesn't need your go-ahead for it to happen.

What do you care about whether it is a "waste of money", it isn't yours? Wilder obviously thinks he can make a difference to what we have now so at least he is being proactive & not sitting locked in a room wringing his hands together chanting " woe is me, woe are we" and submissively waiting for when relegation is confirmed.
No, it’s surely in the eyes of the coaching team to realise and accept were cut adrift and have little to zero chance of retaining our league status.

Looking long term? If we were doing that we’d be getting him in on a permanent deal. Which I’d be more than happy with.

I care because this is the club I support. I also think that that money used for a completely pointless exercise, would be better spent next season on permanent signings. But who am I to think that.

Find it ironic with the “woe is me” comment too. Cause I’m pretty confident he did just that for weeks before throwing himself out the back door 😊

Shall we get to the real reason why Wilder wants him?

Yorkshireman, innit.

We’ve signed an international keeper.

A 126 game Premiership defender who the manager followed for a long time.

An international forward who has already scored twice in two starts.

All depends how you decide to view it!

😉

If Ivo and Holgate perform then I won't have any complaints.

Back
Top Bottom