Gone Elsewhere Malik Tillman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We will literally have about 8 contracted players next season if we don’t make some permanent signings and extend some contracts. It’s madness.
Loan to buy gives you the option to extend the squad whilst controlling cash flow

Never be successful if you’re not consistent. Loans to buy and loans in general don’t bring that. Especially when those loan players have now turned into our key players. It’s poor planning.

I just don’t understand how some can’t see that the pendulum is swing faster and faster out of control. It’s beerschott MK2.

Like Rodley said there’s a good chance we have 8/10 players next season contracted either way, at some point will have to buy. I’d rather buy now and use the premier league as a pull than next year if we are relegated.

Never be successful if you’re not consistent. Loans to buy and loans in general don’t bring that. Especially when those loan players have now turned into our key players. It’s poor planning.

I just don’t understand how some can’t see that the pendulum is swing faster and faster out of control. It’s beerschott MK2.

Like Rodley said there’s a good chance we have 8/10 players next season contracted either way, at some point will have to buy. I’d rather buy now and use the premier league as a pull than next year if we are relegated.
If we could have bought MacAtee, Doyle or MGW for a price we could have afforded you might have had a point.

Harrisblade I'm not sure you’ve understood my point.

Loans offer no advantages long term, I’ve posted about this already. We loan improve them, they sign a huge contract or value shoots up, we can’t afford them back. Loans offer short term improvements but they don’t steady the ship. It’s a gamble every year to see if we can get hold of another player. Wolves were laughing after selling MGW.

It’d be the same in any company in that if you’re better staff we’re always temps you never truly progress. Can you explain how losing our better players every season is advantageous for us?

Because we have next to no long term assets and have just sold our best and most valuable replacing that with loans with options to buy if we stay up is tantamount to financial mismanagement.

Let’s say we’re not taken over or are taken over by someone else who’s skint which doesn’t seem unlikely given the track record thus far and we go down which we’re odds on to do atm. Who’s left? The loans go back contracts expire and we have less money coming in than this season how are we building the squad?

We either need players under contract that will play for us next season or that can be sold for a profit which we can use to buy new players. There’s no possible return on loan fees so you’re spending money (admittedly less) with no chance of recouping any. Some loans is fine loans being the ideal aim for transfers is bad.

We can’t just gamble everything on a new owner coming in and sorting everything out until we’re actually sold the responsibility to run the club in a competent manner falls on the Prince whether he likes it or not.
It also means you have no long term commitments, also it depends on the contract stipulation. It could be an obligation to buy if we stay up. it could also just be an option to buy, which we could still take up in the Championship.
It seems infinitely more sensible to deal with an expected significant reduction in revenue this way, at the additional cost of a few million rather than an ongoing commitment to tens of millions over several years.

It also means you have no long term commitments, also it depends on the contract stipulation. It could be an obligation to buy if we stay up. it could also just be an option to buy, which we could still take up in the Championship.
It seems infinitely more sensible to deal with an expected significant reduction in revenue this way, at the additional cost of a few million rather than an ongoing commitment to tens of millions over several years.
I’m not against loan to buy deals but rather them being the ideal aim for our transfer business.

We are a selling club so are most clubs big transfer fees are how clubs generate the capital to sign players right now at the end of this season we’ll have very little to sell. I understand we can’t go around splashing big money but we need some assets. Loans to bring in high value talents we couldn’t otherwise afford is great but loans as our ideal method of doing business will leave us with no way of generating funds.

I’m not banging the drum to go and spend Brewster or Berge type fees but the core of the squad needs to be players we have under contract Trusty, Slimane and Traore type players low fee high upside.

The squad for next season would currently be JLT, Trusty, Anel, Sachdev, Brooks Blaster, Slimane, Osborn, Traore, Marsh and Neal. That’s only 6 senior players that’s not enough. If we don’t have the money to recruit now then where’s it going to come from next summer.

Last edited:
Hecky didn’t sound a fan of the loaning route. You get situations like Doyle and McAtee where we have increased their value massively. Yes we wouldn’t have been able to sign them on a perm but we have just received a 20m fee so that is no excuse now.

Tillman could come in score 15 goals, we still get relegated and then who benefits? Not us.

Unless a player is truly out of our budget this season loan to buy should be fucked right off.

LTB isn't going to happen with Tillman unless he renews his deal or it isn't optional somehow
Contract expires: Jun 30, 2024

Hecky didn’t sound a fan of the loaning route. You get situations like Doyle and McAtee where we have increased their value massively. Yes we wouldn’t have been able to sign them on a perm but we have just received a 20m fee so that is no excuse now.

Tillman could come in score 15 goals, we still get relegated and then who benefits? Not us.

Unless a player is truly out of our budget this season loan to buy should be fucked right off.

What if we sign Tillman on a 4 years contract with big wages and he’s shit?

There are positives and negatives in loans, one of them is you can get rid easily if they don’t perform.

with clubs seeming unwilling to let players out on loan with a view to buy hecky and his team may have to gamble and bring a couple of permanents in

There are positives and negatives in loans, one of them is you can get rid easily if they don’t perform.
That’s why the scouting team do their due diligence. Or else surely every team would do this ‘try before you buy’ approach to signings!
Only the top top teams can afford to let any ‘potential’ buyer do this, most teams want the money so they can move on and plan accordingly.

Tillman would get moved on easily in todays market. Still a good age and has bags of potential, it’s a low risk investment. Akpom on the other hand is a few million quid less, much older, one good season in his career so far.

Why ? It's needs must at this stage isn't it.

Lets say Bayern want £8m upfront. We may say, make it a loan-to-buy, if we stay up we'll give you £10m. If we go down, have him back.

We have no money. We're trying to sort the best players we can, as cheaply as possible

This approach also protects the club, if we go down we don't have players like Sander on a huge wedge we can't really afford in the Championship.

Harrisblade I'm not sure you’ve understood my point.

Loans offer no advantages long term, I’ve posted about this already. We loan improve them, they sign a huge contract or value shoots up, we can’t afford them back. Loans offer short term improvements but they don’t steady the ship. It’s a gamble every year to see if we can get hold of another player. Wolves were laughing after selling MGW.

It’d be the same in any company in that if you’re better staff we’re always temps you never truly progress. Can you explain how losing our better players every season is advantageous for us?
Because the temps sometimes bring benefits.
If loans bring a season of success then hopefully a couple of seasons of PL membership will allow us to bank enough money to eventually get a couple on permanent deals.
Maybe it's a bit of a hassle finding decent loanees from one season to another, but they don't all have to leave every close season and ones that don't show sufficient ability we wouldn't want to keep anyway.

Because we have next to no long term assets and have just sold our best and most valuable replacing that with loans with options to buy if we stay up is tantamount to financial mismanagement.

Let’s say we’re not taken over or are taken over by someone else who’s skint which doesn’t seem unlikely given the track record thus far and we go down which we’re odds on to do atm. Who’s left? The loans go back contracts expire and we have less money coming in than this season how are we building the squad?

We either need players under contract that will play for us next season or that can be sold for a profit which we can use to buy new players. There’s no possible return on loan fees so you’re spending money (admittedly less) with no chance of recouping any. Some loans is fine loans being the ideal aim for transfers is bad.

We can’t just gamble everything on a new owner coming in and sorting everything out until we’re actually sold the responsibility to run the club in a competent manner falls on the Prince whether he likes it or not.
Hecky publicly stated that permanents are better than loans when commenting on the Trusty deal

Can we do a permanent but with a no quibble money back guarantee if they are crocked or terrible? It worked great for the tele I had that was playing up.

Reports suggest we want to buy Akpom for at least $8m when he’s currently unavailable due to a knee injury (who knows how well he’ll recover)
That’s got to be the daftest deal we could ever do , even dafter than the Brewster calamity by Wilder

Back
Top Bottom