Gone Elsewhere Malik Tillman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It just doesn't make sense to me. How many other nations do footy fans sing about at league matches?

Baldock... Greece Greece Greece !
Fleck... Scotland Scotland Scotland !
Anel... Bosnia and Herzegovina Bosnia and Herzegovina Bosnia and Herzegovina !

None of it makes any sense 🤷
I don't know, that one for Anel might catch on, short and snappy.

It just doesn't make sense to me. How many other nations do footy fans sing about at league matches?

Baldock... Greece Greece Greece !
Fleck... Scotland Scotland Scotland !
Anel... Bosnia and Herzegovina Bosnia and Herzegovina Bosnia and Herzegovina !

None of it makes any sense 🤷
Imagine supporting Hamilton Academicals or Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

How is this one still going? There's nothing linking him to us... Just some completely random bloke on Twitter claimed it.
I'm guessing it's because we will be looking for a creative attacking threat in the £10m range and he fits the bill and is definitely for sale. If we're not in for him, maybe we should be.

Still won't commit on the name

As always I hope he’s talking complete and utter bollocks because preferring not to buy players is a novel approach I’m not sure it’ll catch on.

As always I hope he’s talking complete and utter bollocks because preferring not to buy players is a novel approach I’m not sure it’ll catch on.
Why ? It's needs must at this stage isn't it.

Lets say Bayern want £8m upfront. We may say, make it a loan-to-buy, if we stay up we'll give you £10m. If we go down, have him back.

We have no money. We're trying to sort the best players we can, as cheaply as possible

To be honest that's the deal they supposedly agreed with Rangers so they might be up for it.

Lets say Bayern want £8m upfront. We may say, make it a loan-to-buy, if we stay up we'll give you £10m. If we go down, have him back.

We have no money. We're trying to sort the best players we can, as cheaply as possible
I think we all get that we're trying to get the best deals for us. I think the concern is that we will fail to land anyone if we don't change our tact a tad

Because we have next to no long term assets and have just sold our best and most valuable replacing that with loans with options to buy if we stay up is tantamount to financial mismanagement.

Let’s say we’re not taken over or are taken over by someone else who’s skint which doesn’t seem unlikely given the track record thus far and we go down which we’re odds on to do atm. Who’s left? The loans go back contracts expire and we have less money coming in than this season how are we building the squad?

We either need players under contract that will play for us next season or that can be sold for a profit which we can use to buy new players. There’s no possible return on loan fees so you’re spending money (admittedly less) with no chance of recouping any. Some loans is fine loans being the ideal aim for transfers is bad.

We can’t just gamble everything on a new owner coming in and sorting everything out until we’re actually sold the responsibility to run the club in a competent manner falls on the Prince whether he likes it or not.

Because we have next to no long term assets and have just sold our best and most valuable replacing that with loans with options to buy if we stay up is tantamount to financial mismanagement.

Let’s say we’re not taken over or are taken over by someone else who’s skint which doesn’t seem unlikely given the track record thus far and we go down which we’re odds on to do atm. Who’s left? The loans go back contracts expire and we have less money coming in than this season how are we building the squad?

We either need players under contract that will play for us next season or that can be sold for a profit which we can use to buy new players. There’s no possible return on loan fees so you’re spending money (admittedly less) with no chance of recouping any. Some loans is fine loans being the ideal aim for transfers is bad.

We can’t just gamble everything on a new owner coming in and sorting everything out until we’re actually sold the responsibility to run the club in a competent manner falls on the Prince whether he likes it or not.
download (2).jpeg

Loans with options to buy are the best option as it provides a try before you buy, with less capital outlay and a firm option where we can have better quality players who would be on a higher salary this season with us having the option to retain if we stay up or get rid as we cannot afford the salary if we go down.
we have to play tunes with the capital outlay and wage overhead so that it is appropriate to that seasons income.
if we stay up we buy and Have the assett that we can afford

My concern with Loan to Buy, is what we really need to cover ourselves if we go down, is not just letting players go, but probably being able to bring in 30-40 mill in sales at least. So I don't know how this works, if we had Tillman on a loan to buy, he has a great season, we go down....are we automatically entitled to sign him for a pre-agreed fee, say 10 million and then sell him on ?

Loans with options to buy are the best option as it provides a try before you buy, with less capital outlay and a firm option where we can have better quality players who would be on a higher salary this season with us having the option to retain if we stay up or get rid as we cannot afford the salary if we go down.
we have to play tunes with the capital outlay and wage overhead so that it is appropriate to that seasons income.

Exactly this, I bet we all wish Brewster was signed on a loan with a view to a permanent!

My concern with Loan to Buy, is what we really need to cover ourselves if we go down, is not just letting players go, but probably being able to bring in 30-40 mill in sales at least. So I don't know how this works, if we had Tillman on a loan to buy, he has a great season, we go down....are we automatically entitled to sign him for a pre-agreed fee, say 10 million and then sell him on ?
Depends on the option Larouci is an option only if we stay up

You come into some money then decide Loan to buy. Great. Then you get relegated lose money and you have to spend money in order to fill your squad. Not Great.

Make it make sense prince. None of this kicking the can down the road shite. Plus if you buy now you have a saleable asset.

You come into some money then decide Loan to buy. Great. Then you get relegated lose money and you have to spend money in order to fill your squad. Not Great.

Make it make sense prince. None of this kicking the can down the road shite. Plus if you buy now you have a saleable asset.
But at least you can readjust your budget and only spend the money you have rather than being saddled with debt you can't afford, which is what happened to the Blades last year

Yeah, although in reality we’ve just been promoted to the richest and most subsidised league in the world and we have peanuts, despite a cleanish slate financially. How on earth do we sign replacements for potentially 50% of our squad after getting relegated? And how do we mount a promotion without the money to do so?

It’s not about, spending hundreds of millions it’s about signing permanent players to protect the club against relegation. Loan improve the player lose them, loan to buy relegated lose them. We are slowly suffocating any progression we’ve made.

Yeah, although in reality we’ve just been promoted to the richest and most subsidised league in the world and we have peanuts, despite a cleanish slate financially
We were nearly in administration 6 months ago.

The slate may be clean, but it's the money we've got coming in that's cleared it. There's still nothing left

We were nearly in administration 6 months ago.

The slate may be clean, but it's the money we've got coming in that's cleared it. There's still nothing left
I’m afraid that a lot of our fans still don’t appreciate how close we were to a serious financial collapse six months ago,the decision to hang on to N’diaye and Berge was a massive gamble,fortunately we got promoted which enabled us to stay afloat……….but only just.
We are not a wealthy club,no sugar daddy to prop us up,bad decisions really buggar us and we made too many of them in our first year in the premier league,i hope the lesson has been learned.

That deal wouldn't be good for Bayern, we go down he goes back without being bought and is out of contract anyway so is off for nothing. Tillman surely has to be an outright purchase given he's out of contract 2024.

We will literally have about 8 contracted players next season if we don’t make some permanent signings and extend some contracts. It’s madness.

Yeah, although in reality we’ve just been promoted to the richest and most subsidised league in the world and we have peanuts, despite a cleanish slate financially. How on earth do we sign replacements for potentially 50% of our squad after getting relegated? And how do we mount a promotion without the money to do so?

No wonder no one will buy us for £170m or whatever the figure is. We’re potentially talking about 10-15 new players being required whichever division we’re in.

Back
Top Bottom