Mail Sport: Sheffield United consider move to bring Chris Wilder back as manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Loved Chris and the Wilder years, but got to ask, if it doesn't work out straight away , is he going to piss off again ?

I said on here a few months ago that he had made up with Bettis and the Prince, this was before Princes interview and before it was ever mentioned on here or the media. It’s true and he’s met him a few times.

I also said if the club sale had gone through he had his eyes on another club and wanted Wilder to be the manager. That is dead in the water now but those who think they both wouldn’t work with each other again are wrong.

Like I said before Hecky is doing a fine job. that prince must sell up and piss off back to were he comes from.

They might have made up Wilder and the prince, however, Wilder left because the prince would not or could not give funds to buy the players he wanted to keep us in the premier league. Hecky is working in the same situation lack of funds. the prince admitted he couldn't afford to run the club. would it not be for the best The prince sells up and leaves. then let the new owner/owners change the manager is the want too.

It wasn't just down to overlapping centre backs. Without wilder we probably aren't in Prem right now either. He basically had one bad season after 4 very good ones.
Can't believe how many are willing to forget how good he was for us because of one season and him leaving.

That said we shouldn't be sounding him out because we shouldn't be talking about sacking hecky.

The way I'm reading it is prince is thinking that if we still haven't won after perhaps another 5 or 6 games he might change. So he's asked if he'd be interested.
But now the stories out it adds pressure on hecky and even the squad who won't want to let him down either.
If you beleav the daily mail trash you beleav in faries.
Just like they said admin due to failing to pay wages don't give them the time of day.

Rumour is wilder told the prince he’ll guarantee a return on Brewster, both will eventually walk out of the front door….,,

Huge leap from that to Wilder coming back to the club, though.

Absolutely and I think the Mail article is bollox

However, the logic of football ownership and management does suggest that if results don’t materialise over the next batch of games, then how long will PA hold his nerve before pulling the trigger?

Then will this bollox of a Mail article start to carry some relevance when we know the two of them have kissed and made up?

The way in which CW walked out of the club left a bit of a sour taste for me, so I’m not even sure I’d want him back?

As for Hecky, the fella has been managing the team the last couple of months with one hand tied behind his back. Yes, he’s made some decent signings but they should’ve been here weeks before they happened and we are having to play catch up. I like Heckys style of management and I hope the owner backs him, even if we get relegated

Hecky deserves at least the whole season. I don't always agree with his substitutions etc but he has conducted himself brilliantly in an adverse situation.

Wilder, loved what he did for us but his last few months when it was all going south wasn't pretty and he went from one extreme to the other. His interviews became painful. So, at this moment in time I want Hecky to continue.

Hecky deserves at least the whole season. I don't always agree with his substitutions etc but he has conducted himself brilliantly in an adverse situation.

Wilder, loved what he did for us but his last few months when it was all going south wasn't pretty and he went from one extreme to the other. His interviews became painful. So, at this moment in time I want Hecky to continue.
Whole season I actually might be not for but 5 matches yeah nowhere near enough especially given the circumstances he's operated in.

It just shouldn't be entertained.

If however the board decided foolishly to sack him then yeah I'd be up for wilder.
But it doesn't feel right this minute this week.

If this turns out to be true and the unthinkable happened. What would the season have to look like for people to change their mind and see the re-appointment as a good thing? Scraping survival? Safely in the bottom half of the table? Top half finish?

FWIW, l think the current setup is capable of the first two scenarios.

Not a good look for the Prince or Club if we let Hecky etc. go.

If this turns out to be true and the unthinkable happened. What would the season have to look like for people to change their mind and see the re-appointment as a good thing? Scraping survival? Safely in the bottom half of the table? Top half finish?

FWIW, l think the current setup is capable of the first two scenarios.

Not a good look for the Prince or Club if we let Hecky etc. go.
It wouldn’t just be the outcome to this season on which judgement should be made. If we stayed up we would need to see progression next season. Not a repeat of last time.

Back
Top Bottom