Mail Sport: Sheffield United consider move to bring Chris Wilder back as manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bizarre one and as much as i still look fondly back on Wilders time, even that last season, i don't think changing a manager this season would be a positive.

Hecky has set us up well, recruited well, speaks well, respected by the players and the players are playing for him. Its just that this league is proper hard. We'll pick up points and get some wins, its not a time to panic.
Plus with a club with no money it's bizarre to even contemplate compensation money for a manager who's on a 5? year contract. Daily Mail bullshit

Could and probably would tarnish his previous record. He gave it a hefty damage in his last season, this would make it even worse

As much as Hecky has done well to get us up and is a nice bloke, do I think he should keep his job if he underperforms as manager because he’s a nice bloke and the players like him? No I don’t, not saying sack him but if the time comes where he is clearly out of his depth in the top flight then yes we should get rid while there is a chance of staying up.

Would I welcome Wilder back if that was to happen? Too fucking right I would.

As much as Hecky has done well to get us up and is a nice bloke, do I think he should keep his job if he underperforms as manager because he’s a nice bloke and the players like him? No I don’t, not saying sack him but if the time comes where he is clearly out of his depth in the top flight then yes we should get rid while there is a chance of staying up.

Wilder has done nothing but fail since leaving us. What gives you any degree of confidence he's going to find any sort of magic spark again if he comes back?

The squad is out of it's depth not Hecky. No manager will do anything in the Premier League under this owner (no slight on him, he just hasn't got the money to be a Premier League owner). We'll go down as we haven't got the money to create a premier league squad, that's not Heckys fault. He working wonders even making us competitive at this level.

Its the Fail who love to cause disruption at SUFC. The problem is having listened to PA gushing about CW on SU Way you do wonder if there is an element of truth to this rumour.

A retrograde step for me if ever it happens. The dire flat 3 dirge in the second EPL season killed all enthusiasm I had for Football. CW's time has come and gone at SUFC and he has done little to change his footballing approach since he left us.

It would be the ultimate betrayal of PH. The Board will never get a more compliant manager after the off field shenanigans of last season which he dealt with admirably. Even this season with a reactive slow transfer window he has towed the party line and accepted the continued off field failings and got on with the job despite at times having one hand tied behind his back by those upstairs.

We have no money for pay offs so the only option would seem to be employing PH elsewhere but that just adds to the payroll. An ideal scenario may be to move PH upstairs preferably into the Technical/Director of Football role we sadly lack. Just don't see it happening with the present regime who remain UW blinkered.

Far too early to be considering a management change. Whilst I'd welcome the return of Matt Prestridge's conditioning regime the CW/AK combo has had its day and SUFC needs to move with the times and look further afield if ever a change is considered.

If anyone is looking for any stone cold solid proof that the media dont have a single fucking clue about anything outside the top 6 then this is fucking it. Right here.

Carragher, Neville, Keane all these who are touted as the top pundits, they dont have the first fucking clue when it comes to teams like us.

On a side note. Ladbrokes have Hecky as 2nd fav to be the first manager to be sacked at 100/30. Another example of how little these cunts know about us. If I could afford it, I’d be laying the lot on betfair. If someone wants 100/30 on him being sacked, I’d take that bet all day. Absolutely fucking no chance of that happening.

Failed miserably in our last premiership season, sacked for failing at boro and did nothing at Watford, why the hell would we have him back

Love wilder and one day in the right circumstances yeah sure I'd have him back.

5 matches in after Heckys had a pretty disruptive and violative transfer window especially through August. Not for me.

If hecky walked yeah ok. But for me hecky deserves way more time yet.

I've been thinking this but we really haven't been too far away from more points. Could have got a point or 3 Vs forest, point against city, 3 Vs Everton or 3 or 1 today.

Back
Top Bottom