Outgoing? Maguire

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I know this is nowt to do with owt but Harry's brothers are also Players of the Year this season; Joe at Ilkeston and Laurence at Chesterfield Juniors.

I'd never claim to be ITK, but I did hear a disappointing rumour at the weekend from a friend of a friend who claims to be. The rumour involves a nearly-done deal at a Prem club, for substantial cash.

It would be shame to lose him, but I think we'd miss him less than Brayford. And if Sir Nigel gets some proper cash to spend from any transfer, we might reasonably be confident that the squad could end up stronger as a result. How many decent League 1 centre halves could we get in after a few-million quid deal for Harry ?

I still can't quite believe that the Great One's wheelings and dealings managed to palm McMahon off on Blackpool, while replacing him (in effect) with Brayford--with Harris as a bonus. It certainly puts McGinty and Westlake into perspective ...

He's going nowhere, an offer has been made and he is just mulling over one or 2 details., On his hols at the minute and will likely sign when he gets back, or so I am told......

Lets say Cardiff come in for Harry and offer a cash plus player deal for him. They offer Brayford as the player part, would we be happy at that?

Lets say Cardiff come in for Harry and offer a cash plus player deal for him. They offer Brayford as the player part, would we be happy at that?

If the cash bit was £4m plus £2m for every season Maguire played in the Premier League with Cardiff I'd consider it. Any less and they should be told to go whistle :)

If United received £5m+ for Maguire we should sell him. £5m for a league one player is a lot of money and would allow us to sign 5 quality league 1/ championship players. You don't see many league one teams paying £1m+ for a player which 5m would allow us to do.

If United received £5m+ for Maguire we should sell him. £5m for a league one player is a lot of money and would allow us to sign 5 quality league 1/ championship players. You don't see many league one teams paying £1m+ for a player which 5m would allow us to do.

he has a year left on his contract, 5m is silly money.

louis van gaal has millions at his disposal and dumping rio and the serbian no mark vidic has paved the way for the 28 million pound move for Harry

we made 2 mil from the fa cup so I don't think we are short of cash for signings
Take £800k for the new pitch which we are getting next year and any other associated costs (bonuses, travel hotels etc) the overall profit may well be under £1 million. If you think logically ,that £1mill then has to be spread over the next 2-3 years to cover contracts for new players. With wages, signing on fees etc, McNulty and JCR may have taken half of that already.

Take £800k for the new pitch which we are getting next year and any other associated costs (bonuses, travel hotels etc) the overall profit may well be under £1 million. If you think logically ,that £1mill then has to be spread over the next 2-3 years to cover contracts for new players. With wages, signing on fees etc, McNulty and JCR may have taken half of that already.

Hmm...hardly game changing is it? I'm happy enough with McNulty & JCR as a start - but I will be very disappointed if we don't show a lot more ambition than that this summer. Hopefully the Prince will now have seen our potential and will put more investment in.

Nice to hear from Cloughy that all this speculation of other clubs being interested is complete rubbish. Sounds like he will be staying.

To be fair, having the budget to buy the work experience lad a can of pop and a crunchie is game changing from where we were beforehand.

Sky sports reporting that Wolves have offered £1m for Harry. If true that really is derisory and I hope we tell them not to come back until they've saved up at least 4 times that much.

We've apparently turned down £3.5m from Hull. So why would we accept £1m from Wolves?

Everyone's getting wound up because of that silly joke post that backfired and went round on Facebook yesterday.

Calm down.

Even if he doesn't sign a new contract, which I think he will, I would rather let him run down his contract as that 1million is more valuable to us with him on the pitch. We would also get compensation due to his age if his contract did expire next year
exactly right mate

Any bid of over £1m will be accepted, there is no way the club will risk losing him for nowt at the end of the season.

And ignore all the "but we turned a bid £3.5 m from Hull" comments, that was all bollocks, there was no bid from Hull.

Maguire is a very good player in this league, if not the best centre back in the league. I blame the previous board (including Mccabe) for the reason we will lose Maguire on the cheap, we should have tied him down to a long term contract long before now.

If Maguire doesn't sign a new contract soon I can see a bidding war starting for him, when teams realise they can get somebody with the ability of Maguire for around the £1m mark its going to ring alarm bells.

Any bid of over £1m will be accepted, there is no way the club will risk losing him for nowt at the end of the season.

And ignore all the "but we turned a bid £3.5 m from Hull" comments, that was all bollocks, there was no bid from Hull.

Not if he signs a new contract which they are in discussions about

My only concern is that Wolves seem to be very good at signing players who have clauses in their contract or have an idea of the cost. Look at Macca and Clarke from Coventry as astute signings. If the 1 million is true then I need to understand why they feel this size of bid would even be considered.

Let it be said, I don't mind Harry leaving for the right money and to further his career, but fucking Wolves, really?

If the Club let Harry go for a derisory sum like £1m, then they deserve the backlash that will come from the supporters. The Club have made statements about not needing to be a selling Club any more and building for the future and this is a test of their resolve. If Harry wont sign a new contract, he should still not be sold for such a pathetic sum. Even if he went at the end of next season for nothing we should be able to get compensation due to his age; so if anybody (Wolves) come knocking, we should tell them in no uncertain terms, start discussions at £6m or f**k off.

Perhaps, if its silly bid season, we should offer them £25,000 for Leon Clarke !!!
UTB & FTP

I'd rather keep him for the year and let him go on a free (if he doesn't sign again when we're in the championship), his service for a year and helping us get promoted is surely worth £1 mill?

Back
Top Bottom