Pre-Season 17/18 Málaga CF v. Sheffield United - 14/07/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

On at half-time are Stevens, Brooks, Hanson and Lavery. Off are Lafferty, Carruthers, Sharp and Clarke

oops beaten to it

Forgive my naivety and ignorance but this is Malaga's training ground, right? Not their proper stadium?

What's that little box thing that some of the players have down the back of their necks? It's been annoying me since last season. A fair few of our lads have them.

"En Inglaterra,Gales,Irlanda o Escocia,si tu eres natural de Sheffield,eres o del Wednesday o del Sheffield United! nadie,nadie es del Manchester o del Liverpool y si eres de Birmingham seras del Aston Villa o del Birmingham City,jamás de otro! eso en España no ocurre casi en ninguna ciudad,solo y mal que me pese conozco algo que se le parezca y es Sevilla,que el 95% de la pobalción que le gusta el fútbol,o es del Betis o es del Sevilla,punto."

Google translates to...

"In England, Wales, Ireland or Scotland, if you are from Sheffield, you are from Wednesday or Sheffield United! No one, no one is from Manchester or Liverpool and if you are from Birmingham you will be from Aston Villa or Birmingham City, never from another! That in Spain does not happen almost in any city, only and badly I know something that resembles it and it is Seville, that 95% of the population that likes football, or is of Betis or is Sevilla, period."

Best I could find, although I suspect Roygbiv might've even struggled.

P.S. This was posted in 2011...

Yes. I think there is a lot of truth in this. In Cordoba, and I suspect in many other smaller cities, the population divides fairly evenly between Real Madrid and Barca, with a smaller faction who claim to support Atletico. We are not talking about a 'second' team you have some affection for - I mean it's the team they root for - even before their local teams.
You can see this everyday with car stickers, flags in windows, tattoos, scarves and shirts in bars etc. In the case of Cordoba, a city with a population the same size as Leicester , average home gates are around the 11,000 mark which is pretty crap in my view. I've asked loads of people why they prefer to watch RM and Barca on TV rather than going to see their home team live and the usual response is either apathy or because the local team is shit. It's a totally different mindset.
That being said, there is a small hard core of fans who are extremely loyal (The Ultras) to the point where when Cordoba hosted Barcelona in the Copa del Rey in a sell out crowd a few seasons ago I saw them having a right old go at part time supporters - especially those wearing half and half scarves.

Their manager, Michel, must think he's watching a younger version of himself the way that Coutts is playing. Him and fleck playing more like Spanish midfield players than their Spanish midfield players! Proper taking the piss.

Cunt of a ref now books fleck and Hanson. Spanish pussies

Is it just me or does Stearman look fecking ancient?

Back
Top Bottom