CONFIRMED Lys Mousset

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The whole thing just makes me feel very sad. From the glorious flashes he gave us he could have been whatever he wanted to be with the right mentality, & I guess there is the rub, as it is very clear that he has significant mental issues. I hope he finds the right help & can sort himself out before it is too late, his part in that wonderful night match against Man U at BDTBL is how I choose to remember him.

I just dont buy these "clear mental issues". Do people think he has the perfect life and has pissed it up the wall so must be not right in the head ? Or is he the fastest lazy sod taking the mick we've ever seen ?

Clubs have psychologists, therapists, the works if he had "significant mental issues" they would have been working on that ever week. Dont remember Wilder or Hecky every say he is getting help mentally. Emotionally he was affected by the death of a close friend so I can accept it can affect your state of mind. From the comments Hecky made he tried and tried and tried to get the lad to conform and take it seriously but it didnt happen.

Or are we saying the mental issues were caused by too many trips to McDonalds, all the red meat ?

Will always remember being away at Citeh and their fans being gob smacked as he burst through their defence repeatedly ‘ who is this f*cking guy ?’ They whined. Thanks for the memories Lys and hope you sort yourself out.

Another triumph for fucking VAR that night, too, to deny Moose a fantastic goal.

Half a boot in front of the defender when the ball was played to him, 40-odd yards from goal, heading toward the right-side touchline when he received it. Yep, definitely an unfair advantage gained there. 🤦‍♂️

Twats.

GLTTM

Another triumph for fucking VAR that night, too, to deny Moose a fantastic goal.

Half a boot in front of the defender when the ball was played to him, 40-odd yards from goal, heading toward the right-side touchline when he received it. Yep, definitely an unfair advantage gained there. 🤦‍♂️

Twats.

GLTTM
I’ve never seen that VAR pic. I always thought it looked onside.

I just dont buy these "clear mental issues". Do people think he has the perfect life and has pissed it up the wall so must be not right in the head ? Or is he the fastest lazy sod taking the mick we've ever seen ?

Clubs have psychologists, therapists, the works if he had "significant mental issues" they would have been working on that ever week. Dont remember Wilder or Hecky every say he is getting help mentally. Emotionally he was affected by the death of a close friend so I can accept it can affect your state of mind. From the comments Hecky made he tried and tried and tried to get the lad to conform and take it seriously but it didnt happen.

Or are we saying the mental issues were caused by too many trips to McDonalds, all the red meat ?

No-one knows that he has mental health issues or not.

At present it's just thrown out there as an excuse for his poor application to his profession.

I think people buy into the explanations they want to more than they should, but given what we do know I definitely wouldn't want to rule it out. None of us know him personally or have done evaluations on him so none of us could say if he's severely depressed, a sociopath, or just plain lazy. But some kind of mood disorder could explain why he's like this, and it could also explain why clubs have been willing to take a punt on him thinking he could be manageable.

I'd also say that not all people respond well to treatment, so all the sports psychologists in the world can only do so much. You can't force him to engage and even some people who do engage in therapy won't see results (same as treating a physical injury).

If we want to be balanced then we shouldn't try to judge his character or state of mind. All we can say is he's not currently deserving of a professional football contract based on anything we can see, and that's sad given the level of talent he has. It's not my place to diagnose him or make excuses for him, but I know how hard those demons can be to deal with and so I'm not going to start judging too him too harshly either.

Translated from German

#meinVfL will loan Lys #Mousset for the remainder of the 2022/23 season. The 26-year-old attacker joins the French second division club
@nimesolympique

French second division 🤦‍♂️

Moose’s sadly predictable progress toward the scrap heap looks to be accelerating.

Such a shame. Not many Utd players have given me, anyway, those moments of sheer blind joy that Moose delivered—albeit those moments were too fleeting, and too few.

As always, GLTTL. Though you’d assume it’s too late for him to sort himself out now, as a footballer anyhow.

The replies to that tweet could have been written by our lot a few months back. Or I guess Nimes fans next June...
'McDonald's Nimes likes this'
'Is there at least a good doner kebab there'
'Hopefully there's a kebab shop there too'
'Best news of the week and its only tuesday'

He's not changed then. Shame as I liked him.

French second division 🤦‍♂️

Moose’s sadly predictable progress toward the scrap heap looks to be accelerating.

Such a shame. Not many Utd players have given me, anyway, those moments of sheer blind joy that Moose delivered—albeit those moments were too fleeting, and too few.

As always, GLTTL. Though you’d assume it’s too late for him to sort himself out now, as a footballer anyhow.
Extremely annoying because on his day, he's the best striker in the Championship. And a good low-end Premier League striker too.

'McDonald's Nimes likes this'
'Is there at least a good doner kebab there'
'Hopefully there's a kebab shop there too'
'Best news of the week and its only tuesday'

He's not changed then. Shame as I liked him.

That's the sad thing. Fans, players and managers do like him.

His self discipline to play at a top level just isn't there.

Back
Top Bottom