Match Thread Liverpool v. Sheffield United - 24th October 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LIV
LIV
LIV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1603394535083.png v. 1603394546915.png
EPL Week 6 - Saturday 24th October 2020 - Anfield

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/liverpool-vs-sheffield-united.514/

Officials:

Referee:
Mike Dean
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Andy Madley
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Scott Ledger

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:
Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 20.24.38.png

Also available via Sky Sports Box Office:

How to access Sky Sports Box Office​

Sky (Channel 492): Sign up for a Sky Sports Box Office account here. Here you can book your events, then you must make a choice: purchase the event or match for viewing on TV via your set top box or opt for a streaming version - available via computer, mobile and tablet devices - you can not order both options.
Virgin Media: Use your TiVo box to go directly to the box office event list: Home to On Demand to Live Events.
BT (Channel 496): Go directly to this channel and expect the fee to be added to your bill - you cannot order from Sky as a BT customer.

Don't see it we're in the habit of losing its a hard habit to get out of... There aren't 3 teams worse than us as it stands

Course there are, we did well today and the lads can take confidence from that game.

Expected to lose, but didnt expect to be feeling so positive afterwards

That midfield with an on form fleck in it will look very handy

Mik Owen, sums it up, we were never ever ever gonna get anything from that due to being useless....

I cant take this anymore, sick of always losing.

We played well tonight but once again couldnt score, we've scored once in open play in 6 games.... once! Saying we played well after every game but still losing isnt going to keep us up, something has to change and quickly.

We've spent decent money the past couple of seasons, i domt accept every other team in the the premier league has a better squad than us, about time we start to get a return on the prince's investment.

Really breaks my heart seeing the table, desperately want the team and CWAK to do well, I want to keep the faith but its rapidly leaving me.

Probably just the wine talking tonight.... fed up.

Nah. This is Liverpool away. Still showing plenty of shortcomings creatively but the basis of our performance today has been good enough to stop up. We need to keep this up and find ways of keeping the ball more because when we do, Ampadu and Berge are top quality.
If we can't score goals that's what will take us down, I know Iam stating the obvious and it's Liverpool but the reality is up top were not good enough.

More positives than negatives today. Berge, Osborn, Ampadu, Baldock all excellent. We played really well, especially first half. We deserved to be ahead on the balance of play and created lots of chances. I knew liverpool would score, and am gutted about the way we conceded the second goal, but these arent the games that will define our season. Its the games against sides around us. We need to get Brewster fully fit. Onwards and upwards.

Our strikers are just not good enough for this league, Southampton paid £20m for Ings and look at the difference compared to McBurnie really worrying

I'd struggle to find fault with any of our gents on the pitch tonight. If this is a sign of things to come, we'll be safe.

I can think of a couple to start off....

1. We can’t shoot or create clear chances to save our lives
2. We let a man get in between the defensive line to nod in an easy header...again! Whether it’s Jota, Bamford or anyone else, it’s happening time and time again.

I thought the performance was better, but let’s not kid ourselves that could have been 3 or 4 or more, Salah unlucky not to have a brace.

The 10 point breakdown
  1. Look fitter and starting to see the blades of old
  2. McBurnie won just about everything
  3. Had plenty of opportunities
  4. Stevens was hot and cold, burke is fast and white.
  5. Ampadu gives us more control, helps us build from the back.
  6. VAR
  7. Berge is still head and shoulders
  8. Liverpool don’t have to play well, their good at football
  9. Get more beers out
  10. Shag your lass

I cant take this anymore, sick of always losing.

We played well tonight but once again couldnt score, we've scored once in open play in 6 games.... once! Saying we played well after every game but still losing isnt going to keep us up, something has to change and quickly.

We've spent decent money the past couple of seasons, i domt accept every other team in the the premier league has a better squad than us, about time we start to get a return on the prince's investment.

Really breaks my heart seeing the table, desperately want the team and CWAK to do well, I want to keep the faith but its rapidly leaving me.

Probably just the wine talking tonight.... fed up.
I think weve seen an improvement in performances but we should still be very concerned about our inability to score from open play. We had the biggest soft as shit penalty this evening which has helped gloss over the fact we still couldnt score from open play. Granted its Liverpool but our goal tally is on 3 this season incl 2 pens.

At the end of the day well done to the boys and maybe deserved a better outcome? Can’t knock the effort and some really good neat passing play and a few good efforts on goal.

You cannot the lads for that performance. To a man they all ran their bollox off. And in amongst that Berge Ampadu Osborn Egan Baldock were outstanding. Fact is it was Liverpool who are an outstanding outfit. Chris won’t be pleased because no points but stuff it they all deserve a pat on back, didn’t stop and tried til their blood ran thin- fantastic effort.

I think we will come good soon, 2-1 loss to Liverpool at Anfield isn't the end of the world. We prob be in a relegation battle all season but there are teams that are shitter than us. Just need to get the results against them.

This is a Liverpool team that just lost 7 2 to villa they are in a bad spell and we couldn't capitalise on it... We have nothing up front.. Mcburnie and Burke have physical aspects to their game but their finishing is conference level .. Its clear as day we just can't score.. We have the worst set of strikers in the league

The 10 point breakdown
  1. Look fitter and starting to see the blades of old
  2. McBurnie won just about everything
  3. Had plenty of opportunities
  4. Stevens was hot and cold, burke is fast and white.
  5. Ampadu gives us more control, helps us build from the back.
  6. VAR
  7. Berge is still head and shoulders
  8. Liverpool don’t have to play well, their good at football
  9. Get more beers out
  10. Shag your lass

Have you see our Lass.

Decent performance on the whole. We cant defend crosses anymore. That's 4 conceded from crosses at least.

I can think of a couple to start off....

1. We can’t shoot or create clear chances to save our lives
2. We let a man get in between the defensive line to nod in an easy header...again! Whether it’s Jota, Bamford or anyone else, it’s happening time and time again.

I thought the performance was better, but let’s not kid ourselves that could have been 3 or 4 or more, Salah unlucky not to have a brace.
So opponents that miss are unlucky and when we miss we're shit?

Our strikers are just not good enough for this league, Southampton paid £20m for Ings and look at the difference compared to McBurnie really worrying
Look at the inflation every year in the premier league. Ings is 4 years older than mcburnie, he’s lost his confidence in front of goal but could well find it yet

Great performance.

Makes up for that shitshow last season at Anfield, had a go at them and made plenty of chances.

We can play some neat stuff but our final ball/our players anticipation really let's us down.

Issues:

McBurnie: not fit or in form, falls over unconvincingly. Wins every header to be fair but I think Burke could do that too, and offer pace.

Stevens: I was glad to see him over Robinson but he can't jump. He got done the same way against Wolves I think. Don't know what the solution is because we don't have anyone else at LCB.

Positives:

Baldock: fantastic determination from him as always. Seems to be more confident in his attacking ability, less dithering on the ball.

Berge: man mountain, and pure quality. Tired though, shows up our lack of quality depth when Lunny is on the pitch already. Would have been great to get Besic for cheap.

Osborn: saves our bacon sometimes with his pace and terrier attitude. Great player, just missing consistency.

Going forward we need to sack off the flat 3, we've just played Liverpool with 2 strikers and a 10 for 20 minutes or so and made chances, and didn't look any worse defensively.

Just play Ampadu and Berge in the middle, those two plus our back 5 is plenty of defensive cover. Let's get after teams.

Hopefully we take the positives from that.

I think weve seen an improvement in performances but we should still be very concerned about our inability to score from open play. We had the biggest soft as shit penalty this evening which has helped gloss over the fact we still couldnt score from open play. Granted its Liverpool but our goal tally is on 3 this season incl 2 pens.
2 very fortunate pens also

Just get through these next two games with spirits still high and then the season start for real again.

The performances are good enough to stay up. As long as the morale doesn't drop from all the losses the points will start to come.

It is not panic time just yet.

Back
Top Bottom