Lewis O’brien

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How has his loan to DC United totally passed me by?!? 🤯
I didn't know either.
I didn't even know Rooney was there either though.
Apparently he's only played 5 times for them, so I'm not sure what the situation has been.

Sort of player who should be on the midfield shortlist - and is clearly on the radar after January. If City price is out of a move for Doyle, then O’Brien for £10m or so would be very reasonable.

I'm sure Hecky will have dealt with it the right way, he's a people pleaser.
I just don't want us to have burnt any bridges.
I doubt it. We probably just told him, "Really sorry, we were desperate for you but it turns out we can't afford any signings this window."

The whole transfer has been a mess from Forest's point of view. They bought him after identifying him as a player that could possibly step up from the champ to the PL, but still be of use if they went down this season. They paid over £10m for him, and then changed their transfer strategy to basically buying high value big names.

They've got too many players in their squad to register him and having now stayed up, they are looking for better players than O'Brien. Forest need shut of him, no other PL or championship club in their right minds will pay more than about £6m to £7m for him, because he's spent the last 6 months wanking his time away unsuccessfully in the MLS on loan, after a loan deal to Blackburn hit the buffers. The only way Forest can get out of this is by loaning him to a PL club next season and hope that he plays & succeeds at that level, before getting rid.

If he's available for loan next season, I would certainly have him for the LCM berth, and I would also loan Doyle back.

The whole transfer has been a mess from Forest's point of view. They bought him after identifying him as a player that could possibly step up from the champ to the PL, but still be of use if they went down this season. They paid over £10m for him, and then changed their transfer strategy to basically buying high value big names.

They've got too many players in their squad to register him and having now stayed up, they are looking for better players than O'Brien. Forest need shut of him, no other PL or championship club in their right minds will pay more than about £6m to £7m for him, because he's spent the last 6 months wanking his time away unsuccessfully in the MLS on loan, after a loan deal to Blackburn hit the buffers. The only way Forest can get out of this is by loaning him to a PL club next season and hope that he plays & succeeds at that level, before getting rid.

If he's available for loan next season, I would certainly have him for the LCM berth, and I would also loan Doyle back.

Lets not forget they still have Josh Bowler as well and ended up loaning him back to Blackpool.

There's already been a thread on him that's been spoke about for the last 5 months by.... you!

Me me me me

Do you think if we all put him on ignore he'd get the message 🤔
When he first came on I didn't agree with all the abuse as it seemed like kicking a puppy
But it's turning into the annoying little child that has to be centre of attention
Bit like my mother in law (god rest her soul)

Forest have to be almost as ruthless in their selling this summer as they were with their buying last summer

They can't afford to waste time and hold out for top dollar for all their surplus players

If they do, they will without doubt end with a bunch of players sat around on big wages unable to be registered, or hastily loaned out on deadline day on shit terms

O'Brien is one we ought to sign permanently, rather than waste a loan slot on

We should offer about 6 million, certainly no more than 7m, and tell Forest they have a short time in which to accept, or we walk away

In which case we could revisit near deadline day if a favourable opportunity presented itself

All things being equal (and assuming the last year hasn’t fucked him sideways), he’s one of the best midfielders in the championship. He’s an excellent candidate with the right age profile to step up, and should we go down, will be excellent for us in the league below.

Given our interest before, his availability, age, position and that balance of Prem Potential/Championship Proven....this would seem the most obvious of the summer transfer rumours. But, my main thought, is if there is a possibility we can sign Doyle and if our transfer budget is really 20-30mill, would we spend 2 substantive fees on midfield, or would it more likely be Doyle/OBrien + FreeTransfer/Loan, rather than Doyle + OBrien. But I agree he looks like he could fit really well in a mobile three with Doyle and Berge, or he could be the box to box option in a two with Doyle as a holding midfielder.

Ten million for a player not in Forests squad would be pretty poor negotiation.
Pay 8m. Don’t pick him for an entire year. Asking price 10m.

Get to fuck I believe the phrase would be.

The player himself is probably rightly pissed at them for signing him under a presence then telling him they have no room for him.

Really poor that.

If we did go in for him then I seem to recall that Blackburn had agreed to pay Forest £7m for him if they got promoted (no doubt a part of that would have been payable upfront in the form of a loan fee but probably only a million or so). Bottom line is they agreed a few of £7m for him. So why the fuck would anyone go in for him now and pay £10m?!

We should be trying to low ball them bearing in mind they clearly don't see him as part of their future and probably want him off their wage bill so that they can bring in another 23 players. We should be testing the water at around £5m and basically giving them a take it or leave it offer. As far as the player himself, I think he would be a great signing for us and would help future proof is for any championship campaign that might happen in the next couple of years. I hope we get him.

If we did go in for him then I seem to recall that Blackburn had agreed to pay Forest £7m for him if they got promoted (no doubt a part of that would have been payable upfront in the form of a loan fee but probably only a million or so). Bottom line is they agreed a few of £7m for him. So why the fuck would anyone go in for him now and pay £10m?!

We should be trying to low ball them bearing in mind they clearly don't see him as part of their future and probably want him off their wage bill so that they can bring in another 23 players. We should be testing the water at around £5m and basically giving them a take it or leave it offer. As far as the player himself, I think he would be a great signing for us and would help future proof is for any championship campaign that might happen in the next couple of years. I hope we get him.
exactly said same earlier in this thread offer 5m for obrien with add ons if we stay in the premier league i think he would jump at the chance to join us

Toffolo at LB could also be a good squad addition and should not be too expensive

I'd offer them £5m then an extra £1m for every season we remained if the prem during the length of his contract

Back
Top Bottom