Lewis O’brien

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not happening then, unless we are allowed to have a loan under embargo?

They are just doing transfer latest on Talksport radio now.
Speaking to a Midlands based football journalist called James working for the Mirror Group.

They mentioned Lewis O'Brien and the football journalist said at 3.15pm today.

"West Brom were unable to agree a deal and have now pulled out from the loan deal, so he's not going there"
"so we understand it's now a straight shootout between Blackburn Rovers and Sheffield United"

Obviously being Midlands based he should have close connections to West Brom, so that info about them pulling out should be accurate.

Last edited:
They are just doing transfer latest on Talksport radio now.
Speaking to a Midlands based football journalist called James working for the Mirror Group.

They mentioned Lewis O'Brien and the football journalist said at 3.15pm today.

"West Brom were unable to agree a deal and have now pulled out from the loan deal, so he's not going there"
"so we understand it's now a straight shootout between Blackburn Rovers and Sheffield United"

Obviously being Midlands based he should have close connections to West Brom, so that info about them pulling out should be accurate.
Umbongo not being cleared till Feb so he's probably not coming here either

I read elsewhere that the embargo bill will be paid in February.
Imagine if we've given the EFL assurances that this will happen and they give us permission to register the loan signing of Lewis O'Brien!
Fleck's natural replacement, £10m payable upon promotion :)
Not likely I know, but what an outcome that would be!

I read elsewhere that the embargo bill will be paid in February.
Imagine if we've given the EFL assurances that this will happen and they give us permission to register the loan signing of Lewis O'Brien!
Fleck's natural replacement, £10m payable upon promotion :)
Not likely I know, but what an outcome that would be!

Can't the EFL use the non returnable deposit left by the new owner as collateral
so they have a legal guarantee that they will be paid as soon as the EFL fit and proper owners test has been finalised.

Rules are there for a reason. If the EFL already have the deposit for the takeover lodged with them,
then they already have the money but it's in a different, at present temporarily inaccessible pot.

Can't the EFL use the non returnable deposit left by the new owner as collateral
so they have a legal guarantee that they will be paid as soon as the EFL fit and proper owners test has been finalised.

Rules are there for a reason. If the EFL already have the deposit for the takeover lodged with them,
then they already have the money but it's in a different, at present temporarily inaccessible pot.
You would think there has to be some leniency there on the EFL's part. Afterall, they are the reason that the takeover has not yet gone through. Christ nows why it takes 6 weeks to assess the prospective owner's finances!!!

EFL: Why haven't you paid club X what you owe them?
PA: We have no money.
EFL: What do you plan to do about that?
PA: I'm selling the club to someone who does have money.
EFL: When will you be able to pay then?
PA: When you approve the buyer, dickheads! What's taking so long?!
🤣

Just been on the Blackburn forum.

They are all getting nervously excited about signing O'Brien, initially there were 3 teams (West Brom, Blackburn and Sheff Utd) interested in him.

They've seen reports that WBA have dropped out and now seen reports that Sander Berge is staying at Sheff Utd
So they logically assume that O'Brien is no longer a target for us, as we no longer require a replacement.

And as they are the last man standing.....they assume it's an open goal and he's joining them.
They really rate him as one of the best midfielders in the Championship but can't believe they might be persuading such a good player to join them
They seem quite a pessimistic bunch (reminds me of here) and expect their board to say "we tried our best but couldn't quite agree a deal".

They are all getting nervously excited about signing O'Brien, initially there were 3 teams (West Brom, Blackburn and Sheff Utd) interested in him.

They've seen reports that WBA have dropped out and now seen reports that Sander Berge is staying.
So they logically assume that O'Brien is no longer a target for Sheff Utd.

And as they are the last man standing.....assume it's an open goal and he's joining them.
They seem to really rate him as one of the best midfielders in the Championship but can't believe they might be persuading such a good player to join them
They seem quite a pessimistic bunch and expect their board to say "they tried their best but couldn't quite agree a deal".

He fully deserved his move to the Premiership in the summer, as one of the top Championship midfielders. For Blackburn to get him is statement of intent.

I thought you could get a loan player whist under a EFL transfer embargo, with ELF permission

I thought you could get a loan player whist under a EFL transfer embargo, with ELF permission
nod-yes.gif

we can still get him in the summer if we get promoted cooper obviously doesnt want him and with new owners in place money shouldnt be an issue if hecky still wants him

we can still get him in the summer if we get promoted cooper obviously doesnt want him and with new owners in place money shouldnt be an issue if hecky still wants him
Dont think its owt to do with cooper tbh

They've seen reports that WBA have dropped out and now seen reports that Sander Berge is staying at Sheff Utd
So they logically assume that O'Brien is no longer a target for us, as we no longer require a replacement.

And as they are the last man standing.....they assume it's an open goal and he's joining them.
They really rate him as one of the best midfielders in the Championship but can't believe they might be persuading such a good player to join them
They seem quite a GRUMPY MISERABLE WHO LOST A TENNER AND FOUND A QUID bunch (reminds me of here) and expect their board to say "we tried our best but couldn't quite agree a deal".
Fixed it

In an ideal scenario we end up signing this lad as well as keeping Berge and N'Diaye. But its not an ideal world and I'll take keeping these two first of course.

According to Sky reporter us and West Brom couldn’t compete with what Blackburn were offering 🤔

We were only ever going to sign him if Berge went. I can’t see Blackburn going up so we’ll see what happens in the summer.
Forest would have also wanted a loan fee and 100% of wages paying. Embargo or not we wouldn’t have been in for him.

He's still not signed yet for Blackburn. They are seeking permission from EFL that it can be down it went through on time.

It's actually a v. United thing to happen!

Blackburn can’t sign him ssn

What a mess regards Blackburns attempts to sign the highly rated Lewis O'Brien.

Initially it was 3 clubs in for him but WBA and Sheff Utd retracted their interest mid afternoon on the final day.
Leaving Blackburn with an open goal, the player was at the club having a medical during the evening and all they had to do was tap the ball over the line.

Blackburn have said that the reason they didn't get the paperwork in to the EFL by the 11pm deadline was
"complex negotiatons and events beyond their control". The EFL have taken their reasons for a late application into account and stil rejected it.

Apparently Blackburn also tried to sign a young player but that application was also handed in after the 11 pm deadline due to not having signatures on the paperwork.

The EFL have told Blackburn they now have a right of appeal but it must be submitted before 7 February.
To be honest can't see them winning their appeal as it was their incompetence, no one else to blame.

Back
Top Bottom