Lewis O’brien

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

i dont think so permanent for obrien 5m and maybe loan doyle and choudray with a view to buy
I think Leicester will either need the money or will want him to be in their squad next year.
There’s no benefit to them in a loan.
Doyle - maybe but I think City will have made a decision on his long term future with them and will also be looking to cash in.

It would be a tasty midfield though should we go back down.

I think Leicester will either need the money or will want him to be in their squad next year.
There’s no benefit to them in a loan.
Doyle - maybe but I think City will have made a decision on his long term future with them and will also be looking to cash in.

It would be a tasty midfield though should we go back down.
yeah were definetly gonna play it cagey for if we go down and would still have a very good quality squad if we do end up in the championship

offer forest 5m with add ons and i think they would accept and im pretty sure obrien would jump at the chance of joining us add tommy doyle for 10m and that would be 2 good deals for 15m
There is absolutely no chance we'd get both these players for 15m.

Reckon City will want circa £15m for Doyle, maybe £13-15m at a push but they'll know with Doyle being young and on the back of a great season with us that his value is rocketed since this time last year.

O'Brien will surely not cost more than the £8m Forest paid as part of the £10m deal they got for him and Toffolo with Toffolo valued at £2m I recall.

Reckon City will want circa £15m for Doyle, maybe £13-15m at a push but they'll know with Doyle being young and on the back of a great season with us that his value is rocketed since this time last year.

O'Brien will surely not cost more than the £8m Forest paid as part of the £10m deal they got for him and Toffolo with Toffolo valued at £2m I recall.

I wouldn't go near Doyle at £15m.
He's miles off that value for me.

£10m absolute tops.

City on the available evidence are pretty reasonable when it comes to selling their younger players. Lavia moved to Southampton last summer for £10.5m rising to £14m and City have both a buy back (£40m, starts next year) and first refusal on him for the next few years. Something similar could work for us with Doyle; with maybe the buybacks being set lower if our initial fee is lower.

City on the available evidence are pretty reasonable when it comes to selling their younger players. Lavia moved to Southampton last summer for £10.5m rising to £14m and City have both a buy back (£40m, starts next year) and first refusal on him for the next few years. Something similar could work for us with Doyle; with maybe the buybacks being set lower if our initial fee is lower.

Really good player Lavia.
Wouldn't be surprised if he's snapped up this Summer.

Only difference between him (last summer) and Doyle is that Doyle has a couple of Championship seasons under his belt whereas Lavia hadn't played men's football.

I honestly don't think Doyle's two Championship seasons justify a £15m price tag though.

There is absolutely no chance we'd get both these players for 15m.
i disagree no way doyle is worth 15m hes unproven at premier league level and obrien couldnt get in a relegation threatened team we should offer 10m doyle and 5m for obrien with 2m each added on if we stay up

For the sake of me being a lazy bastard that cant be arsed to research RN, what kind’ve midfielder is he and where would he fit in. ⚔️

For the sake of me being a lazy bastard that cant be arsed to research RN, what kind’ve midfielder is he and where would he fit in. ⚔️
Small, agile, Left footed, basically a young prime fleck with Osborn's energy. But he has better defensive capabilities tackling etc. Good progressive passer and ball carrier. LCM.

Small, agile, Left footed, basically a young prime fleck with Osborn's energy. But he has better defensive capabilities tackling etc. Good progressive passer and ball carrier. LCM.

He's very good.
Was Huddersfield's best player when they finished 3rd the season before last.

I think he was unlucky to not get more game time at Forest. I wouldn't put too much weight into what happened there.

Grew up in Yorkshire too so he'd be a decent fit that we could hopefully hang onto in the event of relegation.
As per others, long term successor to Fleck.

Really good player Lavia.
Wouldn't be surprised if he's snapped up this Summer.

Only difference between him (last summer) and Doyle is that Doyle has a couple of Championship seasons under his belt whereas Lavia hadn't played men's football.

I honestly don't think Doyle's two Championship seasons justify a £15m price tag though.
Doyle played 1858 minutes for us last season. That's comfortably less than half the available playing time. It's essentially half of the minutes Norwood played.

He truly found his form in March.
Doesn't scream £15 million to me, or even suggest there'd be a bidding war.

But I've been wrong before! I'm not saying we'll get him, but if we want him we'll surely be in with a shout.

Doyle played 1858 minutes for us last season. That's comfortably less than half the available playing time. It's essentially half of the minutes Norwood played.

He truly found his form in March.
Doesn't scream £15 million to me, or even suggest there'd be a bidding war.

But I've been wrong before! I'm not saying we'll get him, but if we want him we'll surely be in with a shout.

Agreed.

In terms of benchmarking, I'm struggling to think of another midfielder like him with his level of experience that has fetched that sort of money.

He's very good.

I think he was unlucky to not get more game time at Forest. I wouldn't put too much weight into what happened there.

Grew up in Yorkshire too so he'd be a decent fit that we could hopefully hang onto in the event of relegation.
I want us to keep him and blood him into the team to be honest for the reasons mentioned.

I suspect rightly or wrongly we'll go for more razzmatazz signings from as big a club as our owners son can get an audience with. Which doesn't bode well for LOB.

Reason I'm sceptical about him coming to you is that we might be doing a relegation rival a favour when we aren't desperate for the cash.

Agreed.

In terms of benchmarking, I'm struggling to think of another midfielder like him with his level of experience that has fetched that sort of money.
Understand your rationale- but Doyle was getting better and better with us. Next year I have feeling bit stronger, even more confident, 15 million seems pretty fair.

Brewster 23 and McB 20 million- hes got to be better value than that load of poop.

Understand your rationale- but Doyle was getting better and better with us. Next year I have feeling bit stronger, even more confident, 15 million seems pretty fair.

Brewster 23 and McB 20 million- hes got to be better value than that load of poop.
2 of the worst value for money signings i have seen at the lane and dont rate either of em i think lewis obrien is heckys first choice signing very good player natural replacement for fleck box to box carries the ball well and can go past people

2 of the worst value for money signings i have seen at the lane and dont rate either of em i think lewis obrien is heckys first choice signing very good player natural replacement for fleck box to box carries the ball well and can go past people
Can't argue about Brewster but you could easily make the case that McBurnie's goal contributions this year have repaid the money we spent on him.

Can't argue about Brewster but you could easily make the case that McBurnie's goal contributions this year have repaid the money we spent on him.
mcburnie has never fitted our system unlike at swansea but ive never rated him just my opinion but im certain of one thing mcburnie aint gonna get us the goals to stay in the premier league we need better

I want us to keep him and blood him into the team to be honest for the reasons mentioned.

I suspect rightly or wrongly we'll go for more razzmatazz signings from as big a club as our owners son can get an audience with. Which doesn't bode well for LOB.

Reason I'm sceptical about him coming to you is that we might be doing a relegation rival a favour when we aren't desperate for the cash.
O'Brien will be exploring every opportunity to leave as he will rightly feel he's been fucked over by FOReST. Signed in the summer, bombed out of the 25-man squad in the winter.

It also wouldn't surprise me at all if the Forest owners don't have an issue with selling him to us. To them we're not a relegation rival because in their heads Forest won't be in a relegation scrap.

Brewster could do exactly that this year. Even ten goals this season would probably do it.

Absolutely, I think part of the City model is not to ask for exorbitant fees but insist on a buyback. Only the very best will play for first team and it helps them to ensure money continues to flow into the club. Also helps them attract and retain the best young players in the country in their academy. If the player is good enough, they can buy back at a reasonable pre-determined price. From memory I think Jack Harrison moved to Leeds after a successful loan for a reasonable price a couple of years ago (circa £10m?)

Last edited:
mcburnie has never fitted our system unlike at swansea but ive never rated him just my opinion but im certain of one thing mcburnie aint gonna get us the goals to stay in the premier league we need better
How many would you be expecting from our main forward this season?

He's very good.

From the forest opinion i have seen around the time he left , loads were saying he was one of there better midfielders before apparently the big fat greek they have as an owner signed about 20 midfielders so had to leave him out the 25

Let's hope Alan Nixon isn't talking bollocks then.O'Brien for £5m ish would be incredible buy.

Like the sound of this 'aggressive' transfer strategy. Hopefully it's a bit more organised than the takeover.

Back
Top Bottom