Lewis O’brien

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Do you think if we all put him on ignore he'd get the message 🤔
When he first came on I didn't agree with all the abuse as it seemed like kicking a puppy
But it's turning into the annoying little child that has to be centre of attention
Bit like my mother in law (god rest her soul)
Your mother in law was a child?!

They don’t want to sell to rivals? Who are they going to sell to then? 🤷‍♂️

It Does seem like it!

We should start a tracker to verify how accurate he is this summer.

05.28 - blades linked with o’brien
To be honest he blocked me on twitter a few years ago when I replied to his tweet that said we were signing Brewster was bollocks. That aged well 😄

Just dunno how he seems to know so much about so many different clubs.

To be honest he blocked me on twitter a few years ago when I replied to his tweet that said we were signing Brewster was bollocks. That aged well 😄

Just dunno how he seems to know so much about so many different clubs.

Some people think he’s full of shit, some think he’s reliable.

I reckon he gets more right than wrong for us, but obviously not everything so take it with a Pinch of salt. Can remember people calling bollocks on Brighton being in for JOC, only for wilder to confirm it a few weeks later.

Why does all our transfer news come via Alan Nixon?
We’re not big enough for the national reporters. And of the locals I suspect Nobby Hemmingway knows bits and pieces but if he wrote up every thing as a story he’d soon piss off the club and limit his own access. He’ll probably now have scope to write “the Blades are known to be interested in O’Brien” in a bigger piece on PH’s transfer plan.

Some people think he’s full of shit, some think he’s reliable.

I reckon he gets more right than wrong for us, but obviously not everything so take it with a Pinch of salt. Can remember people calling bollocks on Brighton being in for JOC, only for wilder to confirm it a few weeks later.

I think there's no doubt he knows plenty about what's happening but his ego won't allow him to say when he doesn't. Instead it's cryptic nonsense.

Anyway back to LOB. Are we comfortable signing someone with his ears?

I suppose we could ask Thornbury to pin them back.

If we are spending money on anything, getting O’Brien in to replace Fleck and Doyle in to replace Norwood would seem very prudent.

I’d be more than happy then to make up the rest of the squad with loans and frees. It would give us a basis for the next cycle of players.

Let’s be honest, they are a great fit for us, and who else is giving them such a clear path to the first team elsewhere?

If we are spending money on anything, getting O’Brien in to replace Fleck and Doyle in to replace Norwood would seem very prudent.

I’d be more than happy then to make up the rest of the squad with loans and frees. It would give us a basis for the next cycle of players.

Let’s be honest, they are a great fit for us, and who else is giving them such a clear path to the first team elsewhere?
i think signing obrien and doyle are heckys number 1 priority this summer and both would be great signings for us we have to do all we can to get these 2 lads in add to that a strong physical defensive midfielder someone like choudray and think we would be sorted for the midfield

I like how the article says they aren't sure about selling to a rival.

Can't really have their cake and eat it though can they?

They didn't play him and therefore completely fucked a year of his career that so far was progressing very well.

Who do they expect will come for him? A cheeky bid from Man City or Liverpool? Or at the other end of the scale, how many Championship clubs are going to want to splash out 7-10m on a player? Only relegated teams, and the likes of Leeds and Leicester will have plenty they are stuck with anyway I'd imagine plus why should he drop a level of a club in the PL is after him?

I think we're in a reasonable spot given the player's obvious career wishes and the number of clubs that may come for him.

O'Brien is one I'd look to bring in permanently but I don't think the money's there.

In terms of a loan, that would be 1/2 of our available domestic loans taken.
I think we should be aiming higher in that market.

Initially, I wasn't sure about McAtee coming back. But we will need to find goals from somewhere and he is able to produce from midfield.
We can't just rely on McBurnie & Ndiaye.

O'Brien is one I'd look to bring in permanently but I don't think the money's there.

Initially, I wasn't sure about McAtee coming back. But we will need to find goals from somewhere and he is able to produce from midfield.

You don’t think the money’s there on what basis? It will be spent on other players or we won’t have £5m-£8m to spend on transfers at all?

I thought it was confirmed that Hecky was working with a transfer budget (for permanent transfer fees and loan fees) of £20m (a different pot of money being set aside to actually pay for the squad wages). So if we can get O'Brien on a permanent for say £5m then that would be very good business and it would still leave us with £15m or so for other permanents or loan fees. If we can't spend 2 or 3 transfers at £5m pop the we really are in the financial shit. As already mentioned, we spent £4m on Anel last summer as a Championship club. I also thought it was reported that £20m for transfers was the budget but if PH really wanted to go above that then the board would consider it provided that it wasn't going way over that budget.

I think we need better..... His G/A output is not the greatest. And his pace is limited.
I wouldn't be taking him for his G/A.. He has a great work rate & other qualities that would make him a great Fleck replacement.. Playing alongside Doyle, (Norwood's replacement). Find someone with a little creativity.. Berge/McAtee? I think i'd be happy to see that Midfield. UTB

He cost £8m last season, let's say we also have to pay that. Surely that's within the budget as it still leaves £12m and the £20m was set aside just for permanent signings we are led to believe and realistically we won't sign more than 2/3 permanent signings.

i think signing obrien and doyle are heckys number 1 priority this summer and both would be great signings for us we have to do all we can to get these 2 lads in add to that a strong physical defensive midfielder someone like choudray and think we would be sorted for the midfield
Problem is, you’ve probably spent nearly £30m right there.

Back
Top Bottom