Leeds could be in trouble if they fail to get promotion

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's why I've been saying I don't want them to get promotion all season. They can't afford to keep their best players and parachute payments are running out. Would rather Southampton go up and leave these in the proverbial.
They could afford to keep them in real terms given the strong financial position of their owners but they will need to sell to stay on the right side of financial rules and regulations. Plus those players are going to want out they might well want out regardless of if they get promoted or not. Summerville for example if the Liverpool and Chelsea interest is legit he’ll be gone even if they do go up.

I’d like Leeds to stay down because unlike Wednesday I actually look forward to playing them - it helps that our record isn’t too shabby recently against them either
Derbies where you don’t share the city are far more tolerable if you lose, which makes them less nervy and more enjoyable imo. Pigs games are just horrible throughout.

Want saints promoted for £33, Leeds for £12.
Hope it's saints whatever

good news that bodes well, you have go down to the 8th tier to find a team that finished just outside automatic places that won their playoffs

League 1 - 3rd Bolton - lost in final to 5th
League 2 - 4th Mk dons - lost in semis & 7th promoted
National League - 2nd Barnet - Lost in Semis & 3rd promoted
National League North - 2nd Scunthorpe - Lost in Semis & 6th promoted
National League South - 2nd Chelmsford - Lost in Semis & 5th promoted
& in all 4 divisions of 7th tier 2nd placed lost in the final to 3rd, who got promoted

Based on what, attendances dont make me laugh!
Right .When you consider that Sheffield have two clubs (well one and a quarter) and Leeds only have one Leeds are not as big as Sheffield when it comes to attendances at matches .

Right .When you consider that Sheffield have two clubs (well one and a quarter) and Leeds only have one Leeds are not as big as Sheffield when it comes to attendances at matches .

However Leeds currently have a season ticket waiting list of 25K and it costs £10 to go on that list too.
If their capacity was big enough, reckon they could average 45K, maybe even 50K if doing well in the Championship
and initially they could average 60K in the Premier League.

Sunak is like Wilder….he inherited a pile of shite but will eventually turn things around if given enough time👍
Wilder has won something in his lifetime unlike Sunak who's won fuck all and is unlikely to be voted in ever.
14 years should be long enough to eventually turn things around don't you think.

They will have to sell some players and cut the wage bill, that's what happens. They will still have the resources for one of the strongest squads in the division and if they are better at identifying staff and players better than some of their competitors they will be fine, should not be a crises unless they make it one ...but, I wouldn't trust their fans not to make it one....

However Leeds currently have a season ticket waiting list of 25K and it costs £10 to go on that list too.
If their capacity was big enough, reckon they could average 45K, maybe even 50K if doing well in the Championship
and initially they could average 60K in the Premier League.
And 1 club at the mid to top end of the premiership in Sheffield could exceed 60K easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom