Kyle Walker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Obviously he’s better than what we’ve got but the only position we’re really well covered in is RWB. Unless he goes back to his striker days 😂

i think kyle would come back to the lane to finish his career if we get to the premier league all about the new owners finances of course but i doubt he would demand silly money as another poster has suggested rcb for kyle lcb for anel who i am sure could play anywhere across the back 3

I don't think, at this stage, Walker would be willing to take something like a 3/400% wage cut to return to Sheffield United.
Maybe when he's 36/37 and just hanging on for a year.
Take this sensible notion elsewhere please. We've probably got a few months of takeover stalemate to fill!

That's a good shout to be fair. I'll set it up on football manager and get back to you with the outcome 😂
Bring Kyle home and then when Forest and Everton get relegated, we lineup like this.

Henderson
Walker - Egan - Anel
Bogle - Norwood - New CM - Lowe
Ndiaye - GibbsWhite
CalvertLewin​

I don't think, at this stage, Walker would be willing to take something like a 3/400% wage cut to return to Sheffield United.
Maybe when he's 36/37 and just hanging on for a year.
depends who comes in as the new owner captain im sure kyle doesnt need the money yes he will still want a good salary but i genuinly think hes got real affection for the club still unlikely yes but dont rule it out

He has a real effect ion for the city and I hear that there is every chance that he is funding the construction of a Kyle Walker football academy on the site of the new Sheffield club stadium

Reckon he might come back after his next contract and take up a player/coach role. He might even take over youth development.

depends who comes in as the new owner captain im sure kyle doesnt need the money yes he will still want a good salary but i genuinly think hes got real affection for the club still unlikely yes but dont rule it out

He might love the club, but not as much as himself and his family.
Football is a short career.

I love the Blades. No way would I turn down millions of pounds to play for us.

Bring Kyle home and then when Forest and Everton get relegated, we lineup like this.

Henderson
Walker - Egan - Anel
Bogle - Norwood - New CM - Lowe
Ndiaye - GibbsWhite
CalvertLewin​
Header_283.jpg

I am unlike you. I love the Blades more than having sky high wages. Kyle might be the same as Dane Whitehouse was. Dane was happy with what he was earning and playing for his beloved club. Remember that not everyone think that money is more important than happiness.

Yes, I'm sure Walker is desperately keen to curtail his current £160k/week (basic) contract to rejoin Utd on a fraction of that.

If he ever does rejoin it won't be until he's no longer wanted by Man City and is unable to command such amounts.

Same goes for Maguire but even more so - he's on ~£280k/week at Man Utd

Things may change (and possibly soon) but the lad at Rochdale is a more realistic target at the moment.

I am unlike you. I love the Blades more than having sky high wages. Kyle might be the same as Dane Whitehouse was. Dane was happy with what he was earning and playing for his beloved club. Remember that not everyone think that money is more important than happiness.
...and especially if you have £10m or more in the bank (if he's been sensible with his money)

Be astonished if at 32/33, still being a top PL defender and regular England player, that he'll want to come back here yet.

And that's before you even talk money.

i think kyle would come back to the lane to finish his career if we get to the premier league all about the new owners finances of course but i doubt he would demand silly money as another poster has suggested rcb for kyle lcb for anel who i am sure could play anywhere across the back 3
Harry back on loan for the left, Kyle central anel rhs , love Egan but don't think he would cope with the PL but he's hell of a back up
Tin hat on 😁

I've a lot of time for Dane, both personally and professionally, but in fairness, him turning down Brum at that time isn't in the same stratosphere as Kyle giving up his current position.

I'm almost certain if Dane had been offered top PL wages to join one the best teams in the country, he'd have been off like a shot.

I wouldn't have blamed him nor seen him as any lesser Blade for it.

I tend to agree, I’d be very surprised if he joined us in the near future but I think your attitude towards millions might change if you already had several in the bank. He’s had a long career at the top level. If he’s invested well he’ll have a very comfortable future, even if he stopped playing tomorrow. He’s probably still got three to four years left as a PL player, if he looks after himself, so we might see him in a couple of years, depending on where we are. It’d be nice but I’m not holding my breath.

Anel is not a LCB even though he's covered there, no way as infleuntiel or comfortable as on the right

Yes, I'm sure Walker is desperately keen to curtail his current £160k/week (basic) contract to rejoin Utd on a fraction of that.

If he ever does rejoin it won't be until he's no longer wanted by Man City and is unable to command such amounts.

Same goes for Maguire but even more so - he's on ~£280k/week at Man Utd

Things may change (and possibly soon) but the lad at Rochdale is a more realistic target at the moment.
he wont get offered owt like 160m if he moves to another club anywhere in europe and if we want to become an established premier league club we have to offer higher salaries than last time we were there so a lot is riding on these new owners and how much they are prepared to pay for top premier league players

he wont get offered owt like 160m if he moves to another club anywhere in europe and if we want to become an established premier league club we have to offer higher salaries than last time we were there so a lot is riding on these new owners and how much they are prepared to pay for top premier league players

Probably not but he's currently contracted through to 2025 and would therefore be mad to move before then unless Man City effectively pay him to go if he's no longer getting games

Agree about Utd needing to uplift salaries but if he's ever going to move back to Utd, I doubt it will be before summer 2024 at the very earliest

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom