Kyle Walker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I reckon Kyle Walker will probably come back, but not for another 4/5 seasons. Hes still at the top of his game and has England aspirations.
I don’t think we would want him in 4/5 seasons time, he’s 33 next month.

Reactions: Sid
He would be good for the next 3 for 4 years.

If we go up it would be great to have him on board.

I'm already cacking it with what he will do to Lowe and Robbo at Wemberleeeee 😬

In 4/5 years time Kyle Walker will be a better RB than most we’ve had throughout my time watching the Blades. Certainly better than Bogle
There is a good chance a 37/38 year old Kyle Walker will have lost a yard or two, it’s natural and happens to all players. For a player who relys on his pace when that happens it’s pretty much over at the top level so if we are premier league we won’t be going for him in 4/5 years time.

There is a good chance a 37/38 year old Kyle Walker will have lost a yard or two, it’s natural and happens to all players. For a player who relys on his pace when that happens it’s pretty much over at the top level so if we are premier league we won’t be going for him in 4/5 years time.
Considering that for the last 30 years we’ve spent most of our time in the championship then why would you presume we are likely to be in the premiership in a few years?
We’ve had many players the wrong side of 30 who have all done great jobs for us with their experience few have had the careers Kyle has had - thinking players like Gary Naysmith, David Unsworth, Stuart McCall, who were all past their best but considerably decent. I’d even say Jags.

Considering that for the last 30 years we’ve spent most of our time in the championship then why would you presume we are likely to be in the premiership in a few years?
We’ve had many players the wrong side of 30 who have all done great jobs for us with their experience few have had the careers Kyle has had - thinking players like Gary Naysmith, David Unsworth, Stuart McCall, who were all past their best but considerably decent. I’d even say Jags.
Why would I assume that? Well seeing as we were recently there and now on the verge of returning I’d like to think in 4/5 years time we are still in or returning to the premier league.

Why would I assume that? Well seeing as we were recently there and now on the verge of returning I’d like to think in 4/5 years time we are still in or returning to the premier league.
If you think we have any chance of staying in the prem next season or a return any time soon after relegation with our finances and state of the squad you’re deluded.

If you think we have any chance of staying in the prem next season or a return any time soon after relegation with our finances and state of the squad you’re deluded.
And yet we don’t have two beans to rub together and we are going back to the premier league 👍

His nose has been pushed out at City with there new shape.
I we go up I can see him coming on loan
He’s very much in the England picture though. If he wants to play at the Euros which I’m sure he will he won’t want to come to us. Has a much better chance of being there sat on City’s bench than he does anywhere near Bramall Lane

Would love him here on loan for a season or two.

I remember the last time we spent all our money on a right back. That didn't end well.

Buy Henderson, Walker and Doyle, loan McAtee and Maguire. YHIHF.

Henderson
Walker, Ahmedhodzic, Maguire, Egan, RND
Doyle
Berge, Ndiaye, McAtee
McBurnie

Buy Henderson, Walker and Doyle, loan McAtee and Maguire. YHIHF.

Henderson
Walker, Ahmedhodzic, Maguire, Egan, RND
Doyle
Berge, Ndiaye, McAtee
McBurnie
It won't happen, but if it did with Akpom instead of McBurnie then we would have a real chance of staying up.

Remember last summer when Kyle Walker said;

“I've said to people, 'I'd love to finish my career at Sheffield United; that's where I started, and they gave me my chance in football'.

But you never know, they might not want me. But Chris, if you want to take me, I’ll come back soon.”

One can dream
Only issue is, apparently he wants to play up front with Billy in a swan song season for them both! 🤣

Only way I can see us getting him next season is on loan with City paying a portion of his wages.

However due to only 1 loan from a club it pretty much rules out the possibility of getting either Doyle or Mcatee back.

So it's a question of who do we want more, midfield is obviously the highest priority to improve.

On that basis it's a no from me.

Only way I can see us getting him next season is on loan with City paying a portion of his wages.

However due to only 1 loan from a club it pretty much rules out the possibility of getting either Doyle or Mcatee back.

So it's a question of who do we want more, midfield is obviously the highest priority to improve.

On that basis it's a no from me.

I watched an informal MCFC interview with Kyle Walker a few year ago, it's on Youtube somewhere.

They asked him about his football ambitions.
His reply was, obviously he wants to win as many honours, as possible with Man City and England.
However he also added, that his team is Sheffield United and as a youngster he used to dream about playing for us.
He said he only made a few appearances, then was sold to Spurs.

He said he knows he'd need to accept a big pay cut but when he's no longer wanted at Man City,
he would love to end his career at Sheff Utd, his boyhood club.

Unless on a free transfer on £30k a week at most no.

Not worth the loan quota as others have said, and I'm wary of his off field antics.

Commendable if he'd like to return though rather than going off to MLS/Saudi Arabia.

Back
Top Bottom