Kyle Walker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Depends what's important to him.
Sounds to me like he's pushing for a loan move here in January ;)
I think that is an optimistic view of what he has said.
My guess is he would want to come back here when his contract expires IF we are in the Premiership the following season when he is availability.

For a short period of time a few weeks ago two Sheffield born men captained the England teams at Cricket and Football ( Root obviously, and Walker for a short time during an England match. Cant remember the opposing team.
Not happened before I bet.

I think he still has family in Sharrow, maybe he misses it

For anyone interested, he mentions his desire to end his career with us in the interview with BBC below. Comes across really well and seems like a genuinely likeable fella

Cmon Kyle, another title... What else have you got left to achieve at City?

Time to tell Pep you want to go out on loan to your beloved Blades and get them back to the promised land!

Slightly OT here;

For the last 2 years Kyle Walker has been nothing short of sensational. He's physically and mentally peaked at a stage of a footballers career when they usually lose their physical attributes and ambition.

The fact that one of the greatest ever Managers, someone who is ruthlessly unsentimental, still regards him so highly attests to just how good he's been (for club and country).

Time to tell Pep you want to go out on loan to your beloved Blades and get them back to the promised land!
Sadly we couldn't afford his boot laces.

He looked on the slide a couple of years ago too so well done to him

He won't be going anywhere until his England days are up. He's probably one of the 1st names on Southgates team atm.

He’s not won the Champions League yet, so I’m guessing that’s his target next season and then come back home

If citeh can win or get a runners up spot in the champions league next season and after he has gotten his final World Cup out of the way, then there's a chance, but it was never going to happen this year. As a fan who would love to see KW come back before it's too late in his career I will be 100% behind City next season.

Would walker ever really come back to finish his career if we’re not in the prem given he’s still a world class player at 31 I can’t see him ever dropping out of the top flight before he retires.

Would walker ever really come back to finish his career if we’re not in the prem given he’s still a world class player at 31 I can’t see him ever dropping out of the top flight before he retires.
Ah, but think about the romance of Walker singlehandedly (smile) helping us achieve promotion and helping us return to the Prem. His presence might also attract the curiosity of better quality players, thus strengthening the squad. Think it's a win-win if it were possible. We can dream, it costs nowt.

Ah, but think about the romance of Walker singlehandedly (smile) helping us achieve promotion and helping us return to the Prem. His presence might also attract the curiosity of better quality players, thus strengthening the squad. Think it's a win-win if it were possible. We can dream, it costs nowt.
Oh I’d love to see him back at the lane I just don’t think he’s close to the point where he’s surplus at city and then when he’s is 3 or 4 years from now he’ll have prem suitors. He’s been in the conversation as the best in the world at his position for so long that unless we’re in the prem I can’t see it those types of players don’t play championship football. Even if we were in the prem the only reason we’d stand a chance is the emotional connection.

Oh I’d love to see him back at the lane I just don’t think he’s close to the point where he’s surplus at city and then when he’s is 3 or 4 years from now he’ll have prem suitors. He’s been in the conversation as the best in the world at his position for so long that unless we’re in the prem I can’t see it those types of players don’t play championship football. Even if we were in the prem the only reason we’d stand a chance is the emotional connection.
No disagreement there mate, but dreaming the impossible dream comes easily the older I get.....now all we need is for JOC to make a miracle recovery and with Walker in the same defence we'd be flying.

Kyle Walker and Matt Fitzpatrick could ask some of their sporting mates to invest in the club. A high profile Salford or Wrexham!

He’s not won the Champions League yet, so I’m guessing that’s his target next season and then come back home
My sentiment entirely. Once he achieves a Champions League winners medal I believe he will gladly step down to our standards and league knowing he's achieved everything in football and be happy and content to see his footballing days out down at BDTBL. He's a multi millionaire so I doubt his reduced salary will be a stumbling block. Welcome home Kyle.

BBC Gossip page sez…Manchester City will wait until after the World Cup to open talks with England defender Kyle Walker, 32, on extending his contract. (Star)

Don’t do it Kyle…run your contract down and come home

When he appeared on ‘A league of their own’ the other night, it seems he still very much has an agenda with Man City.

He’s bagged everything barring a Chcampions League winners medal and he’s desperate to complete the collection…. With Haaland now at the club, I can see his mine well and truly set on one goal at the minute and that is City.

If he comes back to us he'll be at least 38.

Ironically the more expensive Kyle that we had got done for pace and power for Swansea last week whilst the cheaper one is wanting a CL medal having won everything domestically over the last few years!

The only way Kyle comes back here is either if he feels his top four and international days are over, and we're in the PL, or if he reaches the Jags stage.

He'll lineup for us some time in the future, but I suspect he'll be in the CB or RCB position

I wonder what McCabe thinks when he remembers what we got from Spurs for a player that anyone could see was a nailed-on England star ?

Top top bloke. His missus used to live opposite my parents and he'd also love a chat with my dad about the blades. Could see him coming back as defense coach/ player if he decides to go into management.

Back
Top Bottom