Kyle Walker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don't watch champions League or premier, bar us, but if KW is still playing at his best why the f*** is he not getting in the England set up

Don't watch champions League or premier, bar us, but if KW is still playing at his best why the f*** is he not getting in the England set up
2 reasons, firstly I dont think Southgate likes his off field antics...but more importantly with Trent having tied the position down I think Southgate wants to blood younger right backs in the squad.

One thing I couldn't understand with City is why they didn't play him at centre half when they had their injury crisis. Walker can play there easily and with Cancelo a top right back they may have finished closer to the Scousers with Walker at centre back

Totally different players but have a feeling this will be like Lee Gregory situation. Both sides clearly want it to happen, boyhood fans admired by the manager, but I’m not sure the timing will ever be right. Like Gregory, when we’ll be ready to sign Walker, I’m not sure he’ll be good enough for us.

Lee Gregory is an average L1 striker, he was never good enough for us

He has played Walker there before. It’s similar to our system except the LCB and the RCB make inverted runs into the middle of the midfield rather than overlapping the full back.

But anyway.

Those saying they’re not arsed about having Walker back remind me of the people saying they weren’t arsed about getting Sharp back as he was probably past it now anyway. Look how that turned out. I can’t think of a player in world football more suited to the Basham role than Kyle. Nothing to do with him being a blade, apart from the obvious, he will have watched us loads and understand exactly how the system works.

He’s one of the first names on the team sheet for a Champions League challenging team, and he fits into our system. How could you possibly think that would be a bad signing. We’ve got no chance.

It would depend on his attitude.

If he's not too old/legs haven't gone (i'm assuming this will be some years in the future), and he's chomping at the bit to finally represent his boyhood team in the Premier League then no question about it, he's a top player.

If he's looking for a nice easy bit of playing time before retirement then I wouldn't be interested. We need to maintain the impetus and drive of the players that has gotten us here. Of course i'm confident Wilder would have the same thought process and would protect the team spirit and ethos.

He has been on huge wages for some years and if he has been sensible (and he always comes across as that sort of bloke) then he probably doesn’t need the money. Some people are not motivated simply by money so he might be happy to take a massive pat cut to come back. At the end of the day £20,000 is not a bad income is it?

Sensible? He got done for having a sex party during lock down the other month 😄

Would be absolutely taylor made for our RCB position, but still unrealistic for perhaps 2 years..140k a week and starting at city still..

When Kyle Walker comes back to Bramall Lane, it will only be with a season ticket on the kop.

By the time his contract expires at City, he’ll be too old to hold down a regular place in our Champions League squad, I’m afraid its now or never Kyle? 😉

Always said he'd be perfect in the Basham role

Outstanding for England today. My MOTM
Dont know if it's been mentioned previously! Is this the first time 3 sheffield born players have been on the pitch playing for England.
And Blades academy graduates as well.
Perhapes you have the answer Silent amongst your historical files .🤔

Dont know if it's been mentioned previously! Is this the first time 3 sheffield born players have been on the pitch playing for England.
And Blades academy graduates as well.
Perhapes you have the answer Silent amongst your historical files .🤔

Probably not. Walker. Maguire, Vardy

Cahill is from Dronfield too (Sheff postcode)

Back
Top Bottom