Kyle Walker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

...and especially if you have £10m or more in the bank (if he's been sensible with his money)

Fair enough, but I'd be shocked - even at that level of wealth - if you were willing to sacrifice your remaining years of high-earning potential (in what is a very short career) for the love of a football club.
I've known very few people be that sentimental.

Fair enough, but I'd be shocked - even at that level of wealth - if you were willing to sacrifice your remaining years of high-earning potential (in what is a very short career) for the love of a football club.
I agree, in that it probably hardly ever happens. We’ll find out at some point, no doubt 😀

Probably not but he's currently contracted through to 2025 and would therefore be mad to move before then unless Man City effectively pay him to go if he's no longer getting games

Agree about Utd needing to uplift salaries but if he's ever going to move back to Utd, I doubt it will be before summer 2024 at the very earliest
nobodys safe at city even cancelo is rumoured to be pushed out by pep and currently hes better than kyle i think if city win the champions league this season he will fancy one last challenge and why not us ?

nobodys safe at city even cancelo is rumoured to be pushed out by pep and currently hes better than kyle i think if city win the champions league this season he will fancy one last challenge and why not us ?

I think of about 8 million reasons why it may not happen until 2025 :)

If I remember correctly Billy Sharp took a massive pay cut to come home. That turned out OK, didn’t it?

He's said a number of times over a number of years he wants to finish with us. Granted where he sees the finish line is the part up for debate!

Being a wrong un again:

Anyway, more importantly, is he wearing a United Macron coat towards the end of this video?!

I've always liked Kyle, not just because of his Blades roots, but the fact he's come across as a good lad when I've met him. His ability speaks for itself.

Have to say though, for a senior pro he doesn't do himself any favours at times.

High class hookers during lockdown, getting his Hampton out in a public bar in front of people....all whilst married with young kids.

Hardly the worst crimes but unbecoming of a 30 something international footballer.

Always a bit uncomfortable with the role model thing with footballers but people inside the game regularly talk about it. Always thought Kyle would fit that profile, and maybe he does on the training ground tbf. Can't imagine Pep is overly impressed with the off field stuff though.

Being a wrong un again:

Anyway, more importantly, is he wearing a United Macron coat towards the end of this video?!

I thought it was a pigs jacket at first. Doesn’t look like United.

Come back home son! (though dread to think what wages he is on :eek:)

If we go up shame we can't take him and Harry on loan, these 2 with Anel would be some back 3
No disrespect to Egan and JLT intended before some on here kick off

Do we want him back?

I can't say I'm bothered tbh. I wasn't bothered about Jags coming back either.

Past their sell by date - the pair of them. Had fantastic careers and all that, but there's no room for sentimentality when you're in the situation we're in. We need to build, build, build. Improve on what we've got and buy players with a future in front of them, not stockpile old expensive players who will take a chunk off the wage bill simply to be here and see their careers out.
You might be right about Jags, but are you REALLY saying that Kyle Walker is "past his sell by date" ? 🤭🤭🤭

Get him signed...hopefully in a double swoop with Doyle. Man City will undoubtable want a minimum fee cause they love us!! 🤗

Circa £165k/week basic when he signed his extension.

Everything would need to work in Utd's favour in order for a deal to be done - MCFC pay up the final year of his deal, Utd to drastically revise their pay structure (one of the biggest learnings from 2019), and Walker's demands to fall within it.

Cant help but think we should pass on him whatever the deal, we need to look to future legends not past ones.

Cant help but think we should pass on him whatever the deal, we need to look to future legends not past ones.

No way. If we go up and have the chance to sign Kyle with his ability and experience we should most definitely not pass up that opportunity.....first year back will be an inevitable struggle and we will need all the help we can get to stay up....stability first

No way. If we go up and have the chance to sign Kyle with his ability and experience we should most definitely not pass up that opportunity.....first year back will be an inevitable struggle and we will need all the help we can get to stay up....stability first

There is no opportunity. Let’s not delude ourselves.

I reckon Kyle Walker will probably come back, but not for another 4/5 seasons. Hes still at the top of his game and has England aspirations.

Back
Top Bottom