Kyle Walker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Didn’t we have 11 internationals at one point around 1900??
We had 10 England players in 8 league games in 1903/04. Not sure how many played in the reverse scenario - ie how many England players that season played for us. The site below suggests that 6 of the 10 were past internationals.

The other player in those 8 games, Peter Boyle, was an Irish international.

We had 10 England players in 8 league games in 1903/04. Not sure how many played in the reverse scenario - ie how many England players that season played for us. The site below suggests that 6 of the 10 were past internationals.

The other player in those 8 games, Peter Boyle, was an Irish international.

That's a great article. I didn't know the first ever floodlit match was at BDTBL. It also has a good contender for the Darwin awards in the write up of trainer Jack Howsley:

"He died tragically after slipping on a banana skin as he got off a tram car aged 64."

Was he a cartoon character come to life?

That's a great article. I didn't know the first ever floodlit match was at BDTBL. It also has a good contender for the Darwin awards in the write up of trainer Jack Howsley:

"He died tragically after slipping on a banana skin as he got off a tram car aged 64."

Was he a cartoon character come to life?
At the turn of the 1900s Blades were one of the big six teams and winning FA cups and also the league..
It didnt last as the directors at the time were cricket fans and money was thrown at criket maintaining the lane as a dual stadium.
Football really took off at this time ,we remained a big club but lost ground with clubs building football specific stadiums.
We tried to catch up in the 60s& 70s It all went wrong when we got into debt.
Weve never really bridged he go and caught up.

I thought every Blade knew that and that the first radio commentary of a football match (also against Arsenal) was at BDBL with commentators using an ABC / 1 2 3 battleships type grid to inform listeners where the ball was on the pitch
It's where the phrase back to square one comes from. Arsenal presumably just as boring then.

I thought every Blade knew that and that the first radio commentary of a football match (also against Arsenal) was at BDBL with commentators using an ABC / 1 2 3 battleships type grid to inform listeners where the ball was on the pitch
Highbury, 22nd January 1927

What about three ex-academy graduates? All of which left us for a combined total of no more than £7 million its worth adding.

Yeah but a wise man once said... "when the Prem clubs come knocking there's a mandatory requirement to lube up, bend over and handcuff yourself to the bed posts..."

Screenshot_20201012-154545_Chrome.jpg

At the turn of the 1900s Blades were one of the big six teams and winning FA cups and also the league..
It didnt last as the directors at the time were cricket fans and money was thrown at criket maintaining the lane as a dual stadium.
Football really took off at this time ,we remained a big club but lost ground with clubs building football specific stadiums.
We tried to catch up in the 60s& 70s It all went wrong when we got into debt.
Weve never really bridged he go and caught up.

It lasted a bit longer than that to be fair. In the 30's there will still only three teams that had won more major trophies than Sheffield United. WW2 probably didn't do us any favours as we've barely had a sniff at a trophy since.

He's virtually begging now

He’ll be at city until at least 2024 which is when his contract expires. If they don’t offer him another one after that well then I’d guess we’ll be a fair way down the list of the clubs who do put an offer in front of him wage wise.

He’ll be at city until at least 2024 which is when his contract expires. If they don’t offer him another one after that well then I’d guess we’ll be a fair way down the list of the clubs who do put an offer in front of him wage wise.
Depends what's important to him.
Sounds to me like he's pushing for a loan move here in January ;)

im not so sure yogi i think hes putting out feelers for 2024 hes made his money so thats not a priority i think he wants to finish his career at the lane suppose it depends if we want him in 2024 ?

im not so sure yogi i think hes putting out feelers for 2024 hes made his money so thats not a priority i think he wants to finish his career at the lane suppose it depends if we want him in 2024 ?
I think he does want to finish his career here but no player can foresee when that career will end if come 2024 his body is still feeling fine it’s quite possible he could take another big contract at the top level assuming he’ll still feel like continuing at the end of it but there’s no guarantee.

I think he has unfinished business here
He didnt make all that many first team appearances whilst he was our player and onlyplayed half a season on loan for us, hopefully he comes back and does himself justice

It'd be nice if he did come back, but only if he fits in whatever system we're playing in at the time. If his body is fucked and can't handle being played as a wing back*, I would really hate for us to take him on for sentimental reasons.

*If that's what we're playing at the time.

Even if he doesn't come back I think it's really nice of him to say what he'd like to do. It proves his heart is still with us and he is remembering his roots. See you soon Kyle!

"Dropping down"? Cheeky fucker.

Suppose he might be good cover for Balders and Bogle;)

he would be an ideal replacement for basham at rcb in a couple of years time

Unfortunately think we’ll need to replace him sooner. Either CW signs him or his legs go… hopefully neither .
yeah your probably right there actually although despite posters on here thinking hes too small i still think baldock could become an accomplished rcb

"Walker crosses one in" "SHAAAAAAARP at the back stick nods it in"

I'd love to see that!

I very much doubt Walker will ever return to the Lane. Unless he has an overwhelming desire to spend most of his week holed-up in Shirecliffe (and pull on the red & white shirt again of course), his wages won't ever fit Utd's structure - when he eventually leaves Man City (where he's on >£160k/week basic), he'll no doubt receive far more lucrative offers (from home and abroad) should he wish to extend his career.

He is still at the top of his game, if he keeps himself fit he could stay at the top level til he retires.

Even if City get rid of him other decent PL clubs would snap him up and pay him decent money too.

If he is serious on a par with what Billy Sharp did. Then he could take a massive wage cut and make the move to us.

A kid I know plays golf with him sometimes and he said he will retire at Bramall Lane.

Back
Top Bottom