Killa replacement?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwissBlade

Reaction score
According to the Star Andrew Davies wants to come back

Tony Kallio and Matt Mills could also be a target

Thoughts?

Mills or Kallio would be my preference to Davies

I would go for Mills on that. Didnt see enough of Kallio and Davies didnt impress me a great deal. Was OK I suppose.....

Thought Kallio did well and would provide cover at left back as well.

Roy Hodgson was saying last night on sky he was looking for a full back so if one came in he might let Kallio go

Out of the three, I'd take Mills.

Kallio was impressive for us when he was on loan, and would be a good short term replacement, but I think Mills should be the type of player we are looking at now. I'd rather see us bringing in players that can help us in the longer term.

According to the Star Andrew Davies wants to come back

Tony Kallio and Matt Mills could also be a target

Thoughts?

Mills or Kallio would be my preference to Davies

Any money on it 'his replacement is already at the club'.....

Please please please not Davies.

I want to play for Sheffield United, but that's not to say I should be considered a replacement for Killa.

Mills please.

My mate who supports Reading says Alex Pearce is their best centre-back and there is a rumour at the Madejski that we are interested in Pearce, rather than Mills.

What about Seif? He looks very comfotable to me. Do we have an agreement to purchase him with Plymouth when the loan ends? I liked Kallio but not dodgy Davies

I wouldn't grumble at Davies depending on the amount but it would have to be cheap.
He has a lot to learn but I think he showed promise after a nightmare début.

I wouldn't grumble at Davies depending on the amount but it would have to be cheap.
He has a lot to learn but I think he showed promise after a nightmare début.

His first game was against the Wendies. Thought he did a good job and that was the general view?
Maybe i'm getting mixed up.

Me too; thought he did a pretty decent job. Made a couple of errors but it was his first game with the team so that's to be expected. Not sure where there's so much hate for the guy.

His first game was against the Wendies. Thought he did a good job and that was the general view?
Maybe i'm getting mixed up.

I thought he looked shocking in his first game. Tudgay beat him every time in the air and he looked well dodgy on the floor. We can possibly put that down to nerves (but he's a professional footballer from a Premier League club) and he did get better towards the end of his stint with us, but I still think he looks pretty shaky to be fair.

I thought Davies was incredibly poor & looked a liability. He dives in & pulls at opponents shirts constantly - often giving a foul a way. I always expected him to get sent off. He also lacks pace & isn't too good in the air. But apart from that....

morgan and mills 'at the back'..got quite a ring to it,could we afford him tho? they only bought him in the summer.no davies.no kallio (need a perm signin i think)

That'd be Matt Mills at Reading yes? Reading who are in the bottom three? No thanks.

I would have Matt Mills, I wanted us to go for him when he left Donny. Don't think he would have joined to be third choice behind club captain and Killa, but would have given the latter a strong run for his money for me. Good Centre Half and capable if we ever get promoted.

Davies - no way. Poor in the air, shaky on the ground and owner of one of the worst footballer haircuts ever when we played Boro pre-season a few years ago. I remember some one calling him Rug 'ead and Carpet 'ead every time he touched the ball - and he was crap that day an' all.

Kallio - Unfortunately cannot comment as I haven't seen him play, but teh general impression from others seems to be good.

I would have like dto have seen us go for Wood on loan with a view to a transfer. Even if Killa didn't go until the Summer, he would have been a strong player to get on board. Cannot see the Banded One letting him come to us though.

Not Davies please. Matt Mills and his old mate Brian Stock would do for me!

We certainly need a centre-back. I like Seip a lot but Fortune as the only back-up? I think not.

Please don't mention Kyle Walker. He is an outstanding young full-back. He is not a centre-half and never will be.

Please don't mention Kyle Walker. He is an outstanding young full-back. He is not a centre-half and never will be.

Why won't he ever be? Thats an odd statement to make about a lad with the Physical build to become a Centre Half but is barely into his 20's.

I agree he's not ready yet, he's young and inexperienced, but he's quick, decent in the air, decent with the ball and can put in a good tackle.

Jags and Killa were both Fullbacks, so why not Walker?

Walker could easily be converted into a centre back and his pace would be useful alongside the not getting any younger Morgan.

That'd be Matt Mills at Reading yes? Reading who are in the bottom three? No thanks.

Gary Cahill is in a pretty poor Bolton side that have a good chance of going down this season but I very much doubt many teams would say no to him. Even the top 4 clubs.

Martin Taylor? Ibrahima Sonko? It all depends on funds as to the quality of the player. Fortune not good enough to match the ambition which Blackwell and McCabe say they have IMO. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Andrew Davies return. Maybe Walker alongside Morgan and Geary at right back.

The Sunday Mirror linked us with Leon Barnett at West Brom today. I couldn't say whether that is a positive rumour or not - what with the Jamie Ward rumours and all that.

Walker could easily be converted into a centre back and his pace would be useful alongside the not getting any younger Morgan.
The coaching staff will ensure he grows four inches taller and imbue him with 4 or 5 years instant know-how?

Remarkable.

Next stop a skilful Monty and prolific Ched?

The Sunday Mirror linked us with Leon Barnett at West Brom today. I couldn't say whether that is a positive rumour or not - what with the Jamie Ward rumours and all that.

Wasnt Leon Barnett out on loan somewhere recently. Whatever the case may be he is an awful awful centre half. If we sign him I give up. Seen him guilty of some shocking blunders in the past two seasons. Its bad enough already having a liability at left back!

The coaching staff will ensure he grows four inches taller and imbue him with 4 or 5 years instant know-how?

Remarkable.

Next stop a skilful Monty and prolific Ched?

Walker might not be tall but he has got a great jump on him so the extra height is not needed and its not hard converting defending from right back to Centre Back, Walker is a natural talent and would fit straight in, better than our current options !

the rumour on bladesmad is that Nosworthy is the player we are looking to bring in for the rest of the season but its dependant on Sunderland signing someone else first

Back
Top Bottom