Player Suggestion Kevin McDonald

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Regardless what you think... they do. Forward planning is very much a thing in football.

But all you’re saying is they do. No explanation, no source, no elaborating whatsoever.

Forward planning is one thing but either side could be Prem or Championship next season. Makes no sense to discuss this now.

Fessi and Barrybaldy.

So who we going for if we end up in the Prem ?
Not a clue, I didn't ask questions it's just something I was told when I was on about Fleck's possible departure yesterday with a good friend of mine who's very involved in the club

But all you’re saying is they do. No explanation, no source, no elaborating whatsoever.

Forward planning is one thing but either side could be Prem or Championship next season. Makes no sense to discuss this now.
I don't need to explain that we forward plan things.
I'm not about to drop a good friend in it, makes me piss myself when people ask for sources, this is hardly nuclear level ground breaking news.

It really makes no difference to my life whether you believe it or not chap. I have absolutely nothing to gain from lying.

I'm not about to drop a good friend in it, makes me piss myself when people ask for sources, this is hardly nuclear level ground breaking news.

It really makes no difference to my life whether you believe it or not chap. I have absolutely nothing to gain from lying.

Since you're being arrogant, I feel it's worth saying. I reckon you're full of shite.

I will just side step this little tiff.
Is Macca a free agent now? Was he released?

Ah I know mate, I wasn’t trying to say you were lying. Obviously you’d heard it from someone/where. I just would be very surprised if it’s true, but it is football - truth is often stranger than fiction.

Just seems a strange way to plan to me - it’s not as if KMac is a youngster or someone who’d you’d be desperate to sign whatever your level etc.

Talks have been held regarding a possible move in the Summer, but if Fulham come down that might well change.

He'd be replacing one of our midfielders, and it's not Fleck.

We might have signed him this Jan but Wilder wasn't in the centre circle as well so it was too far for him to travel.

Lazy twat at best.

No need to shoot the messenger, just grill him to death?
I admire your patience fella.

That's what I thought. As much as I like McDonald he's 30, we don't have much in the way of youth coming through

I would also prefer more youth, but the more realistic our prospects of promotion in the next couple of seasons, the more I can get on board with more experienced players arriving.

One gaping hole in our squad is the total lack of youth coming through. We used to rely on developing youth players for "big" clubs to buy on the cheep

Did I miss the bit where Akinbiyi became an ITKER....?
I’m anything but an ITKer on the level of SunJihi or Cadette. I don’t pretend to be and it doesn’t bother me.

But I was told about Clarke, as I put on here
And I’ve been told this about McDonald

Mad isn’t it that a Sheffielder knows another Sheffielder who happens to work at a Sheffield football club. Crazy.

Wilder openly admits that he plans short term, mid term, and long term.

Whilst he probably cant talk financial figures for potential long term targets, I've no doubt that he will be having talks with clubs or agents about players who might be available in the summer or even longer term then that. Why wouldn't he?

It's called long term planning. All viable (and successful) businesses do it to some extent. Its a fairly fluid picture and things change, but you can have a plan and agenda in place.

Wilder marking the cards of a player like McDonald now, is perfectly feasible. After all, hasn't our latest recruit Hogan just mentioned in his interview that there has been a long term interest in him from Wilder....and that his agent has had regular contact with United for a good few months....just in case he became available.... football managers don't just get to the 1st of January and then look on football manager to see who might be available, a lot of work has been done beforehand to gauge levels of interest from the player and his representatives, and to register an interest from the club, with the relevant parties.

Last edited:
I don’t understand the stick Akinbiyi is getting.

Clubs evidently plan transfers well in advance, you wouldn’t be able to operate doing everything at the drop of the hat. Irrespective of league positions, transfers can be teed up, doesn’t mean it will happen.

Connor Sammon is an infamous and slightly upsetting example of signing a player in advance. Clough signed him.

I don’t understand the stick Akinbiyi is getting.

Clubs evidently plan transfers well in advance, you wouldn’t be able to operate doing everything at the drop of the hat. Irrespective of league positions, transfers can be teed up, doesn’t mean it will happen.

Connor Sammon is an infamous and slightly upsetting example of signing a player in advance. Clough signed him.
Don’t worry about it mate, assume some don’t understand how football works.

Not sure what difference relegation/promotion will make, maybe we’ll be gazumped, maybe Fulham will decide to keep him - time will tell. All I know is we have talked to Fulham and the player is keen.

It would have been great if we could have signed McDonald and kept Fleck.

He's not direct cover for Fleck but he's played well with Norwood before, and he could clearly form a good partnership with Fleck.

A McDonald/Fleck pairing would be our best IMO - 8 years on from when they should've first been together in L1!

Guy sat next to me today said he had heard that Coutts' contract was not being renewed when it expires in the summer

Talks have been held regarding a possible move in the Summer, but if Fulham come down that might well change.

He'd be replacing one of our midfielders, and it's not Fleck.

Will it be the crippled Coutts? Or the man who always leaves his car on a meter and has to be subbed off after an hour to go an shift it?

Does say a lot about the standard of the Premiership when 3 of Fulham’s central midfielders from last season; McDonald, Johansen & Norwood, find themselves back in the Championship again this season.

Even Sessegnon isn’t starting all of the games for them up there and I don’t think Cairney is getting great reviews when he plays.

We all talk about the £100-200m you receive for promotion, but how many new players would we need to be in with a chance of survival if we did somehow manage to reach the top tier? 6-7 first teamers?

Back
Top Bottom