All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rodley

Reaction score
upload_2018-9-29_19-45-31.png

One or two had a little tantrum after the first two games, and most responded that unless you’re still in short trousers you’re old enough to wait for 10 games before making an assessment. My view, FWIW, is that we keep behind them and keep the powder dry until Christmas. The run of games look difficult and the nature of the division is that it always throws up anomalous results. Even if we lost the next 3 there’s plenty of scope to win the next 3 and put yourselves back in contention. Even as late as March you can make a charge from mid-table obscurity to the Playoffs.

I still have us down as Top 8. But all the new signings “make sense” and improve what we had last year. And the team spirit looks fantastic.

Roll on the next game! UTB

One or two have a fucking tantrum in the shoutbox whenever we concede a goal in any game ever. Ryan Leonard was Pirlo, and we were a bang average mid table side when those two goals went in against us today.

Reight start to the season.

I'd agree. Although we were in second place after 10 games last season, this year it just seems 'different' - everybody capable of beating anybody. We need to be on around 36 points by game 17 (when Coutts got injured last season) and we're in with a good chance of the play-offs.

View attachment 44719

One or two had a little tantrum after the first two games, and most responded that unless you’re still in short trousers you’re old enough to wait for 10 games before making an assessment. My view, FWIW, is that we keep behind them and keep the powder dry until Christmas. The run of games look difficult and the nature of the division is that it always throws up anomalous results. Even if we lost the next 3 there’s plenty of scope to win the next 3 and put yourselves back in contention. Even as late as March you can make a charge from mid-table obscurity to the Playoffs.

I still have us down as Top 8. But all the new signings “make sense” and improve what we had last year. And the team spirit looks fantastic.

Roll on the next game! UTB

Sensible words, it’s in no ones best interest for the media to start latching onto us again and proclaiming us this and that. It did us no favours last year and we’re keeping low profile this season so far.

Keeping our collective powders dry is the best option as we all know these wild claims and predictions mean sod all at the end of the season. If we are still top 6 in the new year then we have a genuine chance of promotion. I feel that Wilder would prefer this approach by us as fans. Leave the bullshit and bollocks to the swine, they’re much better at it.

The first 2 games? the MIDFIELD is vastly different and is now capable of creating chances by playing proper football.

Does it feel like L1 yet? It should do as we are growing into the season just the same.

Sort the defence out a bit over the next few weeks go on and we are rolling.

Every game at the top of the division is a test - we passed again today, just like Preston last week.

Blackburn is another test - we move on.

UTB

57 points from the next 36 games gets us in the play offs at least. 16 wins 9 draws 11 losses. I think that's doable

Roll on the next game! UTB[/QUOTE]

Reality has judged us to have 19 points after 10 games. Being non religious or faith bound i am happy with that that. I am leaning towards that fat cunt Buddha though so I am confidently predicting that results will get us to where we are and maybe also where we need to be.

The weird thing is until I looked at the table this evening it didn't feel like that good a start. We've under performed in more than one game and were robbed by Bristol. So my hope is that we haven't even hit form yet.

love that we no longer know when we are beaten, play to the final whistle. Would rather we not need to but still good to see.

That’s goal difference is opening up a bit already

The defence will get better, strikers will drift in and out of form, midfield players will get injured and suspended....it’s the reason we need strength in depth and a varied system ALL the players are fluid in.

Get this right we will be up there, and early thoughts are we are stronger than last season as a squad. And the Management team seem to be doing a good job of getting them ALL playing when required.

And all of that bodes well for us...but it will also depend on how there like Boro (hoof) and L££ds (looking good) deal with the same issues over the season.

What’s also positive, is that Wilder has made it clear we will be spending in January...hopefully getting one or two in to help us over the line.

And all of that bodes well for us...but it will also depend on how there like Boro (hoof) and L££ds (looking good) deal with the same issues over the season..

Interesting to note that whilst Leeds have indeed been looking good, (remarkably) last season after 10 games they had more points than they do now.

Conversely, Wolves only had one more point after 10 games last season than we do now.

Forgotten the point i was trying to make but i'm sure it's relevant nonetheless

Very decent start. Another plus is we've scored a few late winning goals which we rarely did last season.
Only rider is we've hardly played any teams in the top half and of those we have, we've lost a couple.

The people who 'had a tantrum' after one or two games have been shown that what they were saying to be correct. The changes that the tantrum throwers wanted got made and we started to look like a team and pick up points.

Maybe, but instead of ‘throwing and tantrum’ over something they couldn’t control they could’ve just trusted that Wilder knew what he was doing and would be able to make the changes that even those of us who didn’t ‘throw a tantrum’ could see needed to be made.

Very decent start. Another plus is we've scored a few late winning goals which we rarely did last season.
Only rider is we've hardly played any teams in the top half and of those we have, we've lost a couple.

You predicted that we’d lose today Len. Bet you’re gutted.

Couldn't give a shit where we finish, I went to the Shay in the 4th. Owt better than that will do me. Shale away ends are shit.
Can't fucking stand the "PL" anyway.

Back
Top Bottom