All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Looking good.

Look, i dont care were we finish as long as we are not relegated. I just want our ownership sorted out ASAP so CW can move forward. As always its potential boardroom unrest which could derail us.

The people who 'had a tantrum' after one or two games have been shown that what they were saying to be correct. The changes that the tantrum throwers wanted got made and we started to look like a team and pick up points.
Hmmm, I’d guess they are the same snowflakes who meltdown at the slightest negative on a weekly basis.

I don’t think they were proved right at all.

Very decent start. Another plus is we've scored a few late winning goals which we rarely did last season.
Only rider is we've hardly played any teams in the top half and of those we have, we've lost a couple.

We’ve actually played more matches against the top teams than many of our rivals.
Also those defeats to Swansea and Boro were early season, in fact the first 2 matches back in August.

Since we’ve had Norwood pulling the strings we’ve dominated EVERY game this season, winning almost all of them, just one unlucky defeat away at Bristol City.

Plenty to be optimistic about. These days we play well every match.
Blackburn will be a difficult test on Tuesday though.

Last edited:
Looking good.

Look, i dont care were we finish as long as we are not relegated. I just want our ownership sorted out ASAP so CW can move forward. As always its potential boardroom unrest which could derail us.
What’s happening there? It seems to have gone quiet or I’ve missed the latest??

Very decent start. Another plus is we've scored a few late winning goals which we rarely did last season.
Only rider is we've hardly played any teams in the top half and of those we have, we've lost a couple.
4 out of 10 is hardly any? Maybe you need to take a night class in maths.

After 10 games I’m very happy. West Brom will possibly sneak ahead with their goal scoring potential. I’m hoping Leeds fade a bit. Boro will pick up consistent points without winning any admirers. I think there are a few other good teams lurking. It will be a tough season but we can definitely be in amongst it all. UTB.

What’s happening there? It seems to have gone quiet or I’ve missed the latest??

Yes quiet. thats what worries me.... If we look like being in the mix at the end of the season however..........

Really not sure why anyone is complaining.

There are things we have to work on and improve, and there are negatives you can find from the season so far if you look hard enough but...

come on!

4th in the table after 10 games and 1 point off the top, scoring plenty of goals and playing entertaining, positive football. And all this without signing a mega bucks striker in the summer. On the balance of everything we really have to be happy with how we've started the season.

So you think we'd have won 6 and drawn 1 of the last 8 with Evans and Lundstram in midfield and Clarke up front?
No, I think we were still in the transfer window, had played only 2 (two) games, and it was ridiculously early to spit your dummy out.

Last edited:
View attachment 44719

One or two had a little tantrum after the first two games, and most responded that unless you’re still in short trousers you’re old enough to wait for 10 games before making an assessment. My view, FWIW, is that we keep behind them and keep the powder dry until Christmas. The run of games look difficult and the nature of the division is that it always throws up anomalous results. Even if we lost the next 3 there’s plenty of scope to win the next 3 and put yourselves back in contention. Even as late as March you can make a charge from mid-table obscurity to the Playoffs.

I still have us down as Top 8. But all the new signings “make sense” and improve what we had last year. And the team spirit looks fantastic.

Roll on the next game! UTB

I agree with everything you wrote except the bit about “keeping behind them until Christmas”. Are you suggesting we should try not to take maximum points from every game?

There’s no disadvantage to being in front of them imo.

I'd agree. Although we were in second place after 10 games last season, this year it just seems 'different' - everybody capable of beating anybody. We need to be on around 36 points by game 17 (when Coutts got injured last season) and we're in with a good chance of the play-offs.

If we have 36 points by game 17 then forget the play-offs, we're in with a very good chance of autos.

If we have 36 points by game 17 then forget the play-offs, we're in with a very good chance of autos.

True (it'd be enough to be Champions in seven out of the last ten seasons). We'd be 'on course' for 97 points - same as Game 17 last season. Just shows what a cracking opening we had last season, and how critical Coutts' injury was.

It'll be tough, though. We'll need to get 17 points out of the next 21...

upload_2018-9-30_10-38-28.png

True (it'd be enough to be Champions in seven out of the last ten seasons). We'd be 'on course' for 97 points - same as Game 17 last season. Just shows what a cracking opening we had last season, and how critical Coutts' injury was.

It'll be tough, though. We'll need to get 17 points out of the next 21...

View attachment 44742
Bloody hell, it hasn't half gone tits up at Blackpool!

Oh grow up.

This is getting really tiresome. Few people on here seem interested in debate or discussion. Heaven forbid anyone should suggest that things could be better at times or criticise anything for any reason.

Have a lot of sensitive (and very boring) little man babies don't we?

As for the 10 game mark and predictions, I'll stick with 10th. Certainly don't think we'll be any lower now.

Last edited:
Oh grow up.

This is getting really tiresome. Few people on here seem interested in debate or discussion. Heaven forbid anyone should suggest that things could be better at times or criticise anything for any reason.
There are those who do that, and create good debate, and those who blow about in the wind from one extreme to another.

I’m not sure if you go in the shout box, but it’s horrendous (not that I’ve bothered for a long time).

I’d be embarrased to be so devoid of mental metal as these people. More so to broadcast it to the world.

Oh grow up.

The midfield from the first 2 games had 3 changes out of 5 and Billy came in up top.

The changes WERE justified and as much as the moaners moaned about the first 2 games, the evidence suggests that they were right to want change - constructive criticism is what's called.

Same thing in L1 - dramatic changes in midfield, which gave us PROPER footballers in midfield.

You are right also - debate quite often gets killed - some just don't want to accept what is constructive criticism when things aren't quite working.

A constructive criticism about our last 2 away games was BOTH should have been put to bed by half time, but there is zero criticism for me about attitude, even at Bristol. Some see the 2 goals just after half time as an issue - it IS an issue and it just needs the management to work on those things.

Anyway, for me, we are growing into the season - just like L1

UTB

Back
Top Bottom