Player Suggestion Josh Bowler

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’ll try and find it, I read a few weeks back they’ve essentially ruled out any paid signings because they can’t afford it. Basically guaranteeing themselves last place
Slightly off topic, but I found this a very interesting insight into why AFC Bournemouth won't increase their ground capacity

With the way he seems to hold and run with the ball on the right he'd be a good Berge replacement

It's a big ask without selling anybody. He might be in the final year of his deal, but he's young and very talented. I don't think they'd sell for less than £5m.
We've already spent £3/4m on Anel. I'd be surprised if there's a budget for it.

Think he is earmarked to replace Berge if anyone offers decent money

It's a big ask without selling anybody. He might be in the final year of his deal, but he's young and very talented. I don't think they'd sell for less than £5m.
We've already spent £3/4m on Anel. I'd be surprised if there's a budget for it.
You might be right. But they might settle for annual installments. Maybe there's a deal to be done.

EDIT: Realistically I don't think we could get him. But you never know.

Last edited:
Only a year left on his contract so could be within reach. He'd be my number 1 target for a free-roaming AM position, quality player and was a real handful against us last season. Reminds me of Grealish in the way he commits defenders with his dribbling and glides past them.

Slightly off topic, but I found this a very interesting insight into why AFC Bournemouth won't increase their ground capacity

Soz EV but with the best will in the world I cannot motivate myself to watch a 20 minute YouTube discussing the pros and feckin cons of Bournemouth expanding their ground. I’ve got a couple of gallons of paint that needs applying and watching.

Soz EV but with the best will in the world I cannot motivate myself to watch a 20 minute YouTube discussing the pros and feckin cons of Bournemouth expanding their ground. I’ve got a couple of gallons of paint that needs applying and watching.
You could skip to the last 10 minutes, which is probably the most interesting part to be fair!

I wonder if this lad & Khadra are prospects only if Berge leaves ?
I reckon the owners will take any chance to cash in on Berge in the next 5 weeks.

I wonder if this lad & Khadra are prospects only if Berge leaves ?
I reckon the owners will take any chance to cash in on Berge in the next 5 weeks.

Nobody is going to offer anywhere near the amount Utd want for Berge - the market has changed since he was bought.

Why would Utd accept a low offer? The only way he'll be able to move will be to be a standout performer on a consistent basis for Utd and do well for Norway.

Nobody is going to offer anywhere near the amount Utd want for Berge - the market has changed since he was bought.

Why would Utd accept a low offer? The only way he'll be able to move will be to be a standout performer on a consistent basis for Utd and do well for Norway.
Isn't next season his last season?

He's not going to sign another one with us so it's either keep him and hope we go up or sell him and get a decent amount back.

If he's going to play in a flat 3, the former seems unlikely.

Isn't next season his last season?

He's not going to sign another one with us so it's either keep him and hope we go up or sell him and get a decent amount back.

If he's going to play in a flat 3, the former seems unlikely.

Agree Robbie - the only other way Utd could retain any sort of meaningful value is if he does indeed sign anothet contract but the likelihood of that is very low even if Utd get up this season

Agree Robbie - the only other way Utd could retain any sort of meaningful value is if he does indeed sign anothet contract but the likelihood of that is very low even if Utd get up this season

I suspect if we received an offer significantly over £10 million then we'd likely take it.

My worry is that this might happen at the end of the transfer window. I suspect this might depend on how well he starts the season. It's a long August.

I suspect if we received an offer significantly over £10 million then we'd likely take it.

My worry is that this might happen at the end of the transfer window. I suspect this might depend on how well he starts the season. It's a long August.
He still has a couple of years on his contract. Highly unlikely that we’ll get a return on our original outlay, as the owners were originally supposedly looking for, but at the same time I can’t imagine them been willing to take a haircut this summer. I would imagine the fee would need to be close to what we paid for it to be tempting.

Really like this kid. Would rather have taken him than the players we have so far and more than the lad at Brighton.

Re Berge: the contract is the problem. United should try and negotiate a longer deal for a lower release figure that kicks in this time next season. Be creative. It'd be daft to bank on us going up in the next year.

A bigger worry for me is the deals our top young players are on. Get them signed up and announced. The Lopata issue is a sign of things to come if we don't.

It sounds bent to me, the owner signing a player then sending them to his other club. All a bit dodgy

Bowler was the player I had on my short list of signings from the Championship

Shame especially that Forest are nicking him

Would’ve added to the depth of the squad and he can score a few

Back
Top Bottom