Player Suggestion Josh Bowler

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

brownblade

Reaction score
Far and away Blackpool's best player. Gave us all sorts of problems last night as well. Supposedly he signed on a free last summer (weren't we interested in
wingers?!) on a one year contract, with "an option" to extend.

Could be cherry picked, if not for free, then not a bank breaker. Looks a real threat at this level.

Yeah he was far and away their best player, had some pace and strength.

Think they rejected a fairly decent offer from Forest in January so he wouldn’t come cheap.

Probably be out of our price range without Premier League money.

Annoying that they picked him up on a free though. Great find for them.

He might be able to, however he wears kids socks and shinpads so it's a 'no' from me. Ndiaye is living on the edge in that sense as well.

Feel like that’s becoming more popular at the minute since Jack Grealish brought it into fashion.

Personally I don’t really care if they’re playing well. Seeing a certain number 9 do it though can sometimes be a bit infuriating.

Maybe the Prince still thinks that loans are the bet or only way to build a team?

There's been no suggestion that our Board has the necessary resources or motivation to help a manager build a squad that can compete at this or Prem level. The future at this club is bleak if anyone thinks that it's ok to sign players with the short-term in mind.

Looked to have great potential. Imagine having one of those on the right and another on the left!

Maybe the Prince still thinks that loans are the bet or only way to build a team?

There's been no suggestion that our Board has the necessary resources or motivation to help a manager build a squad that can compete at this or Prem level. The future at this club is bleak if anyone thinks that it's ok to sign players with the short-term in mind.

He may be right. At the moment, Nottingham Forest are my tip for promotion.
Half of their team are loanees that are all performing excellently; Spence, Lowe, Garner, Zinckernagel, K Davis...

Our best player by a distance this season has been Morgan Gibbs-White.

There's definitely value to be found in that market.

Only an option after a haircut, clearly. :eek:

JLT might be just the man to apply the stylistic fine-tuning and nifty scissor-work… ;)

Exactly this,and the reason why Bowler and other players like him will not be coming here.We are a development club,this takes years in the making even if we are canny in recruitment and bringing through youngsters.Bowler is already developed,the kind of player who if we had,the board would be looking to sell not bring in.

At a guess, the lad Bowler will end up at one of the relegated clubs.

He's a right winger, why do we need a right winger?!
We often play "two no10s" behind 1 striker. That's basically licence to go inside and out. He didn't look like a line hugging winger. He wants to be inside and shooting.

With only 1 year left on his deal, worth a cheeky bid? I'd be surprised if Blackpool would be willing to let an asset like him walk on a free next Summer..
Scored 7 goals and assisted 3 last season.
I know a lot are saying Khadra tore us apart last season, but I thought Bowler (and Keane Potter) were the two most impressive wide players we faced.

With only 1 year left on his deal, worth a cheeky bid? I'd be surprised if Blackpool would be willing to let an asset like him walk on a free next Summer..
I know a lot are saying Khadra tore us apart last season, but I thought Bowler (and Keane Potter) were the two most impressive wide players we faced.
Absolutely. Feel like he's bound to move to a promotion challenger, or a promoted team, this summer.

One of many deals that simply haven't happened yet.

We couldn't, could we?!

He would be a very good signing. Talented lad. If we could bring him in along with Khedra we would be very dangerous going forward at this level.

He had a one-year deal with an option for another year, which Blackpool have taken up. Not sure if there's rules about signing for another club straight after signing a contract extension but the mere action indicates he's not going anywhere for now.

Seems an odd choice for Blackpool to simply take up the option rather than tie him down to a longer deal, though.

He would be a very good signing. Talented lad. If we could bring him in along with Khedra we would be very dangerous going forward at this level.

All things being equal, I'd take him instead of Khadra. I don't think we could sign both with Ndiaye and Berge in the squad.

Might be a possibility if the Khadra move was to fall through and / or Berge left.

He had a one-year deal with an option for another year, which Blackpool have taken up. Not sure if there's rules about signing for another club straight after signing a contract extension but the mere action indicates he's not going anywhere for now.

Seems an odd choice for Blackpool to simply take up the option rather than tie him down to a longer deal, though.

The option is usually exercisable by the club. They will have triggered it to protect themselves from losing him on a free. I've no doubt they want to keep him beyond this season, but I'd very surprised if Bowler's agent allowed him to sign an extension.
He'd much rather he moved on a free next season with higher wages / signing on fees etc. Also, you'd suspect Blackpool aren't big payers and the bigger teams at our level will be interested.

Maybe they had no choice. If he were to get a new contract now, he'd be wanting to double his wages. Taking the option at worst kicks the can down the road for a year, and at best increases his value if they sell him, or buys them more time to sort out a longer deal.

I know Bournemouth were interested but apparently they are beyond skint

Back
Top Bottom