Incoming? John Souttar

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why is everyone so desperate to concoct a swap deal for the player? It only adds complication to a deal by adding several additional parties to an agreement.

How many on Utd's under contract players is it felt Hearts would be able to afford? The answer is very few.
It was a bit of fun based on some guesswork. I thought that's what these forums were for?

It would seem a more realistic and sensible option to swap Burke for Soutar, especially as Burke is also Scottish and his current transfer value is way below Mcburnie's
There have been previous rumours of Hearts being interested in Lys Mousset so he would be the likelier makeweight in any deal although clearly the wages of Mousset/Burke/McBurnie would be way in excess of anything Hearts could afford.

I can't see Mousset going to Hearts. They won't be able to afford his (unwarranted) wages. I can see him ending up in Turkey, or Russia, maybe even Belgium.

Not a chance Hearts could afford Mousset, their wages are akin to League 1.

I can't get excited by someone who plays in Scotland. We've had too many fluffs from that league.

I can't get excited by someone who plays in Scotland. We've had too many fluffs from that league.
We've had too many Scottish fluffs, period.

Why has the country which once upon a time produced Dalglish, Souness and Law just given up on football? The last half-decent Scottish-produced player was John Fleck, the national team has to rely on granny rule types who could have played for England were they actually good (coughMcBurniecough) and Barry fucking Bannan. Their star striker wasn't even Scottish until last year!

It'd take a miracle for Scotland to produce another Dalglish, Souness or Law. Why don't they just transition to curling?

If it’s between us and Rangers, I can’t see him coming here unless we offer stupid money (which I hope we won’t).

It's funny how football fans perceive their own clubs vs others.

Rangers fans seem to think moving to one of the English clubs will just be going for the money whilst he can go to Rangers and win stuff.

For me staying in Scotland would the the height of lacking ambition. Trying to get one over on the only other club that has a chance of matching you and a few foreign trips to non-descript teams in the early Euro rounds then a spanking whenever someone half decent turns up.

Whereas in the Championship there are a plethora of quality opposition and then a chance to get to the Premier League.

If he stays up there then he's decided not to test himself as a footballer and is going to coast at 70% for most games. Hardly a good move.

Darren Smith says it was us that was offering the pre contract agreement, and everyone else wanted him now.

He was in Sheffield last week too apparently. Depends where you've got the Rangers new from but this deal might not be as dead as we fear.

Darren smith had also been quoted as saying that a massive u turn would have to take place for Moose to ever play for us again.
He has his finger on the pulse and I respect his opinions

Pre-contract set to be agreed with Rangers apparently.

Is that possible for teams based in the same country - I thought pre-contract agreements only applied to foreign teams, which Rangers wouldn't be but Utd would?

Of course, there's nothing to stop Rangers signing him now.

Not saying that we aren't signing this kid but have we ever signed a player on a pre-contract agreement?

There have been previous rumours of Hearts being interested in Lys Mousset so he would be the likelier makeweight in any deal although clearly the wages of Mousset/Burke/McBurnie would be way in excess of anything Hearts could afford.
Moose would love those deep fried Mars bars though

"The Hearts ace is now coming round to the idea of staying in Scotland with the added incentive of possible Champions League football next season."

Boils my piss a bit this tag line.

Someone remind John of their most recent exploits.

Played Malmo in the third qualifying round:

Lost both legs 2-1. The last one at home, they lost to 10 men.

Champions League journey over. Back to playing League One/Lower Champ level teams for another year.

"The Hearts ace is now coming round to the idea of staying in Scotland with the added incentive of possible Champions League football next season."

Boils my piss a bit this tag line.

Someone remind John of their most recent exploits.

Played Malmo in the third qualifying round:

Lost both legs 2-1. The last one at home, they lost to 10 men.

Champions League journey over. Back to playing League One/Lower Champ level teams for another year.

Not sure I fully agree there

Rangers are a huge club fan base wise and even if they get spanked in the champions league qualifiers they will still have a europa campaign (or whatever that’s called these days).

You can end a career saying you’ve played European football - unlikely to be the case if you settle for a championship side.

Not saying the chance to challenge for promotion and possibly play in the PL isn’t a draw but I think you’re underselling the chance to play in Europe, in front of huge crowds and certainly end a career having won some silverware

Not sure I fully agree there

Rangers are a huge club fan base wise and even if they get spanked in the champions league qualifiers they will still have a europa campaign (or whatever that’s called these days).

You can end a career saying you’ve played European football - unlikely to be the case if you settle for a championship side.

Not saying the chance to challenge for promotion and possibly play in the PL isn’t a draw but I think you’re underselling the chance to play in Europe, in front of huge crowds and certainly end a career having won some silverware
Rangers are a huge club, I'd agree. They just play in a poor standard league.

Getting to play in Europa League when you play for Rangers is no achievement at all.

Depends if you want to push yourself and have a good career testing yourself at the highest level or a haul of relatively meaningless medals because you had only one team who could compete with you.

Back
Top Bottom