Incoming? John Souttar

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Scarebus

★𝓢𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓽𝓫𝓸𝔁 𝓲𝓼 𝓵𝓲𝓯𝓮 | #🆂🅱🅼🅰🅵🅸🅰★
Reaction score

Over 6ft tall. Can't be true.

As soon you see Alan nixon you just know it’s bollox. Whatever happened to the wonder kid yuriel celi we were supposed to sign

I feel a lot of what he says is just common sense in regards to players that we’re supposed to be after
So is it bollocks or common sense?

With Nixon, there are two sides to it:

He's well-connected in the game and clearly gets good info on some transfers. He's got a few right for us.

He's also paid to fill column inches for a rag of a newspaper and therefore publicizes a lot of stuff that doesn't happen and was maybe never going to happen.

So is it bollocks or common sense?

With Nixon, there are two sides to it:

He's well-connected in the game and clearly gets good info on some transfers. He's got a few right for us.

He's also paid to fill column inches for a rag of a newspaper and therefore publicizes a lot of stuff that doesn't happen and was maybe never going to happen.
I think previously he definitely did have some sort of connection but I feel like these connections have been practically all but cut off since wilder left (not me saying wilder was leaking stuff by the way). Seem like nothing concrete has come out of the club in terms of transfers until they’re practically done

Nixon has proven to be right more than wrong from memory, and it seems interesting timing given we're not likely to get Hill over the line if reports of him set to join Bournemouth are true.

I think previously he definitely did have some sort of connection but I feel like these connections have been practically all but cut off since wilder left (not me saying wilder was leaking stuff by the way). Seem like nothing concrete has come out of the club in terms of transfers until they’re practically done
Not sure his information comes direct from managers or staff--agents most likely. But I think he does have a connection with Wilder as he was helping put his name out there for the Forest job in the autumn.

Nixon is ITK Jesus (Cadette was God naturally).

Put some respect on his name

According to his Wiki page he's ruptured his achilles 3 times😲

Was highly rated at one bit and linked with a move to celtic wasn’t he? Stoke surely front runners though as his younger brother turns out for them.

James Hills old man played for us. Made no difference.
True I guess it cuts both ways if he likes his younger brother it might be a draw or they could hate each other and he’s said get to fuck 😂

Looks good on the highlights at least! Read a few articles on him and he gets very good reviews tbf.

Watford interested as well.

Enjoyed the YouTube highlights, onto the next.

As a regular attendee at Tynecastle I can report he looks (is) good at that level. Some resemblance / similarities to JOC
Athletic, good physique; dominant in the air, comfortable on the ball , gets forward & can pick a pass; comfortable in a 3 with wingbacks;
fucked his cruciate (x3!) but returned well & played most every game this season. Not the fastest & can be turned with a tendency to get too close to his marker (somewhat counteracted by playing in a 3)
I reckon he’s worth a punt @ around 300k - wages shouldn’t be an issue
NB
All the above should be held in the context of opposition faced given that Ben Woodburn has turned out ((& scored) for HOMFC this season 😳

Highlights look good. Shows him to be calm and confident on the ball with a good eye for a pass. Seems to read the game well too based on the short clip, being in the right place at the right time. As said above by someone who has seen him play, might be worth a cheeky bid as a back up to the first choice defenders. Can play in a 3.

However highlight reels are just that and don't show the negatives.

Also I remember seeing a highlight reel of Michael Higdon and it gave some indication that he could play football........We all know how that turned out.

Maybe it's the Rhian Brewster effect but I'm probably more onboard with this than Matt Hill's lad.

There's something very Champ Manager about signing really young players and thinking you can slot them in your team and that's you sorted for the next ten years.

There's a big difference between a break out season scrambling at the bottom of League One to playing for a team who ideally would like to be in the mix for promotion from the Championship.

Maybe he'll do well at Bournemouth. But I don't see him going in there as first pick. He may have a high ceiling in terms of ability even but if your plan is on a 19 year old stepping in and shouldering the best the Championship has to offer then this feels like a risky approach.

Someone who plays in the SPL, plays international football, is in the mid-twenties feels more like a for now signing but with still room for improvement.

This would feel more like the profile the current season demands. Signing Hill would feel like giving Kyle Gordon the nod and hoping he swims rather than sinks.

There is plenty of competition but I think the difference is probably that we want him now whereas some of the skinflints after him just want him for nothing in the summer.

Maybe it's the Rhian Brewster effect but I'm probably more onboard with this than Matt Hill's lad.

There's something very Champ Manager about signing really young players and thinking you can slot them in your team and that's you sorted for the next ten years.

There's a big difference between a break out season scrambling at the bottom of League One to playing for a team who ideally would like to be in the mix for promotion from the Championship.

Maybe he'll do well at Bournemouth. But I don't see him going in there as first pick. He may have a high ceiling in terms of ability even but if your plan is on a 19 year old stepping in and shouldering the best the Championship has to offer then this feels like a risky approach.

Someone who plays in the SPL, plays international football, is in the mid-twenties feels more like a for now signing but with still room for improvement.

This would feel more like the profile the current season demands. Signing Hill would feel like giving Kyle Gordon the nod and hoping he swims rather than sinks.

There is plenty of competition but I think the difference is probably that we want him now whereas some of the skinflints after him just want him for nothing in the summer.

SPL is bottom of League 1 standard, as for playing international football he's played 4 times 3 of those in 2018.
Anyway Rangers now supposedly interested so that's probably the end of that I guess.
Can't say I'm too disappointed about this one more so about Hill if we were ever interested.
Personally think we are totally skint Prince done a runner and we will not sign anyone in this window.

SPL is bottom of League 1 standard, as for playing international football he's played 4 times 3 of those in 2018.
Anyway Rangers now supposedly interested so that's probably the end of that I guess.
Can't say I'm too disappointed about this one more so about Hill if we were ever interested.
Personally think we are totally skint Prince done a runner and we will not sign anyone in this window.
It all comes back to Wilder's PL signings.

If someone had wanted to buy any of them post drop, apart from Ramsdale, then we'd not be talking about the Prince. We'd have cleared the 40m shortfall we supposedly needed and probably have a bit of a kitty. As it is we accumulated some 60m worth of strikers that nobody wants and the only interest is in one and even they are thinking they're doing us a favour just taking his wages off our hands!

Wilder was a brilliant manager but as soon as JOC got injured the rest of his investments were seen for the failures they are.

Back
Top Bottom