Player Suggestion Jeffrey Schlupp

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ReeceofBDTBL

Reaction score
To compete with Enda

27, good technically, good athlete and still with a point to prove I reckon

Already got Robinson (Jack) and Osborn for LWB?

I would like any competition for Baldock & Enda to have better natural attacking instincts than them.

They're superb athletes & great defenders, but both suffer from carelessness with the ball & their final delivery can be found wanting too much.

I think that's actually quite a decent shout, especially when we could do with the bulk of the budget being spent on attacking/creative players I like the idea of picking up decent, cheap cover with PL experience if possible

Schlupp's a good shout and we definitely need some genuine competition for Enda...because when he's off form, he's really poor.

A shout to him from the south stand when we played them at home -

What’s Schlupp wi theeee!!!

Everyone’s a comedian eh? :)

I’ve said this one before, but it happened again last, every time the commentator mentioned Ndidi, I kept wanting to say “yes, Ndidi”. Well, I suppose comedy might be a stretch with that one.....

Good player who has played everywhere down the left hand side.

He wouldn't be cheap though and I'm not sure CW would look to invest too much in a 27 year old

Sure the Norwich director mentioned bids start from 20m.. cheeky lowball offer of 15m with a healthy sell on Clause?
He's definitely the more gettable out of their two young full backs, Aarons will be off to a big big big club. Lewis will have to settle for a big big club.
Any full back/wing back must look at us and think 'yes please' surely.

He's definitely the more gettable out of their two young full backs, Aarons will be off to a big big big club. Lewis will have to settle for a big big club.
Any full back/wing back must look at us and think 'yes please' surely.
Sure he said it starts at 20m, so I'd be tempted to try for both (dependant on budget) but I see lwb as a more "urgent" position to recruit for.

Bare minimum is to be hungry with something to prove. Schlupp has a PL winners medal and then was tossed off to graveyard palace so a gigantic no

Sure he said it starts at 20m, so I'd be tempted to try for both (dependant on budget) but I see lwb as a more "urgent" position to recruit for.
We can't be going in for both and spending all our cash on 2 full backs, just cheap backup for George will do.
If we still had the pre-Covid budget, maybe

We can't be going in for both and spending all our cash on 2 full backs, just cheap backup for George will do.
If we still had the pre-Covid budget, maybe
Maybe so, however I think we will definitely see some outgoings this window. That's inevitable.

Christ - one bad game and some people want to replace half the team.

Stevens and Baldock are good enough. K Freeman needs to be replaced as cover. CW may decide additional cover for Stevens is required depending on his view of Robinson and Osborne.

It's not about replacing half the team for the sake of it, it's about progression.

I absolutely love the majority of our squad, but something Wilder has been prepared to do in the past is show loyalty but not sentiment.

For me any players we sign should be aiming to go straight into the first eleven. With the exception of perhaps Egan, Berge and O'Connell (maybe Fleck and Basham as part of the defensive unit) every other position can be improved on.

The question is can we afford better than what we've got? Regardless of position if the answer is yes then we have to

Do you think he'd come to us?

Think about it - he's not getting game time at Palace, so why would he want to uproot and come up here to not get regular games?

We get European football and that's a whole different scenario however.

It's not about replacing half the team for the sake of it, it's about progression.

I absolutely love the majority of our squad, but something Wilder has been prepared to do in the past is show loyalty but not sentiment.

For me any players we sign should be aiming to go straight into the first eleven. With the exception of perhaps Egan, Berge and O'Connell (maybe Fleck and Basham as part of the defensive unit) every other position can be improved on.

The question is can we afford better than what we've got? Regardless of position if the answer is yes then we have to
On his current form Berge can certainly be improved on.

Back
Top Bottom