Wanted: 6ft4+ defender

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I know a lot on here didn't want him (I did) but would anyone have Coady in the CB position now? PL experience, captain, international, versatile, knows the club and good on the ball.

That's fine n all but if we're going to look like we're going to concede on every cross it doesn't matter how good our CBs are as ball players.

Egan is just too small and too slow and needs upgrading ASAP

A lot of those crosses are on the ground. The ball is moved around our box far too easily.

And you still miss the point. Stop the cross is the rule, reduce the time spent defending them full stop.

Height is useful, but not at the expense of those other skills.

A lot of those crosses are on the ground. The ball is moved around our box far too easily

Indeed. If a cross is along the ground it doesn't matter if a player is 6'5" or 5'6". How many goals have we conceded through a lack of height anyway?

I also notice from set pieces that players like Anel and Egan prefer to grab hold of the players than watching the ball. Lucky we don't concede many penalties.

I honestly don't see us spending anything in January
All depends what the prince thinks the selling price difference is between a Premier League struggler and a midtable Championship side.

Whatever the results between now and Christmas we will have a considerably better chance of staying up on January 1 2024 than we did on January 1 2021, the "saving transfer money for next season" excuse won't wash.

All depends what the prince thinks the selling price difference is between a Premier League struggler and a midtable Championship side.

Whatever the results between now and Christmas we will have a considerably better chance of staying up on January 1 2024 than we did on January 1 2021, the "saving transfer money for next season" excuse won't wash.
Ten million in the premier league doesn't go far
In the championship it can. That's also a factor

Now Wilder’s back there could be some proper random free signings appearing in January, Rodwell anyone?!

What’s Retsos up to nowadays?

Realistically we know its going to be one out one in. Luke Thomas if option is available to send back could free up a loan option. We probably are going to send Larouci back unless he really improves and McAtee is out of our hands with him not being our player, with him being 21 you would of thought he could easily have another loan move in the Premiership.

Looking at the squad, Egan, Jebbison, McBurnie, Bogle, Baldock, Lowe, RND, Norwood, Fleck, Osborn, Coulibaly, Foderingham, Davies, Amissah (3 keepers!) and Basham all out of contract in the summer.

It definitely depends where we are in January, if we haven't really improved and looking at the Championship you would hope for a few renewals out of the above. However if staying in the Premiership, realistically I think if looking to strengthen in January, we have a couple of academy products Brooks looks ok for now and Arblaster if we can tie him down to a deal could be ok and Marsh too. But with the current performances of some, I couldn't even see £15 million value for the whole "out of contract package". The best thing would be if possible a switcheroo with Thomas back to Leicester (don't know if option) and bringing in a CB on loan.

Back
Top Bottom