CONFIRMED Jay O'Shea

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Torrix1889

A reight Bobby Dazzler
Reaction score
Heard this at the ground today from a lad who knows someone in the Academy....and have also read the same tonight on Facebook....would fit the bill for a wideman/midfielder.

would be a good signing, at the worst a great squad player. Out of contract in the summer too so shouldn't cost a bomb.

Ariyibi is also out of contract I think, think he's lost interest in chesterfield so recent performances haven't been the best. But interest has been reduced and I'm sure chesterfield would like to sell before his value is reduced further. Might now Be a realistic target.

Add ched in the mix and that's three players I think would improve our squad without breaking the bank.

Please jay oshea, at best an average player having the best season of his career which is at best ok. I know we need to be realistic but this in my opinion would be shit. MK Dons reject. If we were to go up to the champ then we would need to offload him straigh away, I dont think he would be anywhere near good enough.

Jay oshea!

Maybe the sort we'd be looking at for COVER. And there is an argument that we should just sign cover in the midfield area rather than someone who'd always expect to play. We don't need to change our current midfield three. O'Shea's versatile which is useful in a squad player so he could be an option.

Maybe the sort we'd be looking at for COVER. And there is an argument that we should just sign cover in the midfield area rather than someone who'd always expect to play. We don't need to change our current midfield three. O'Shea's versatile which is useful in a squad player so he could be an option.

Anthony Wordsworth linked elsewhere. Good passer, big lad and most importantly, quite a prolific scorer for a CM. Surely a better bet?

would be a good signing, at the worst a great squad player. Out of contract in the summer too so shouldn't cost a bomb.

Ariyibi is also out of contract I think, think he's lost interest in chesterfield so recent performances haven't been the best. But interest has been reduced and I'm sure chesterfield would like to sell before his value is reduced further. Might now Be a realistic target.

Add ched in the mix and that's three players I think would improve our squad without breaking the bank.
I'd like Ariyibi, he looks really tricky - Something we could always do with more of.

based entirely on a quick glance at Wiki, he looks a bit martyn Woolford for me.

That Ariyibi looked like a proper footballer at the proact though

I'd also give their centre forward a place on our bench

Heard this at the ground today from a lad who knows someone in the Academy....and have also read the same tonight on Facebook....would fit the bill for a wideman/midfielder.

Err...not really mate! I see quite a bit of Chesterfield, when I'm not watching the Blades. I like O'Shea, I think he's a good midfielder, not dissimilar to Coutts. But he's definitely not a wide-man or anything like it. He's not particularly pacey and he doesn't play on the flank. He's a central midfielder.

Anthony Wordsworth linked elsewhere. Good passer, big lad and most importantly, quite a prolific scorer for a CM. Surely a better bet?

Yes, I think that's a decent shout. Wordsworth is quite physical and that would be handy in our midfield because we don't really have that in abundance. Fleck is probably the most physical of that midfield three but he's not exactly a hard-man midfielder.

based entirely on a quick glance at Wiki, he looks a bit martyn Woolford for me.

That Ariyibi looked like a proper footballer at the proact though

I'd also give their centre forward a place on our bench
Seen him play 3 times this season so by no means comprehensive but I don't think he's got the work ethic Wilder is looking for. He doesn't track back and went missing for considerable periods of the game. So unless Wilder feels like he can change him (which he did with Coutts)) I can't see him being on our wish list.

Yes, I think that's a decent shout. Wordsworth is quite physical and that would be handy in our midfield because we don't really have that in abundance. Fleck is probably the most physical of that midfield three but he's not exactly a hard-man midfielder.

Yes, Basham, despite his size, has all the bite of a ball of cotton wool. However, predictable though this may be from me, the hard man has to be able to play a bit as well.

We know Chesterfield need the money. Do we need another midfielder scougall playing well cant get in the team so how does Oshea expect to & i prefer to give Reed or Whiteman a run before we sign a replacement if we need cover

We know Chesterfield need the money. Do we need another midfielder scougall playing well cant get in the team so how does Oshea expect to & i prefer to give Reed or Whiteman a run before we sign a replacement if we need cover
I like you want to see our young players progress,Wilder knows what they can do and obviously feels he needs to bring in some experience.We have to trust him we don't want to miss out again on promotion and playing un tried (inexperienced players ) young players is a gamble.We have got ourselves into a great position ,let's not throw it away now .Wilder obviously knows what's needed and if he has to recruit !!. so be it.

Claxy Blade who's got contacts in Chesterfield fc says we've got a signing from chezzy imminent. Not ched

Claxy Blade who's got contacts in Chesterfield fc says we've got a signing from chezzy imminent. Not ched
If your right I hope it's Gboly Ariyibi but that would seem a bit unrealistic since higher league clubs are after him but if it is him it would be a quality signing, bags of pace in him.

Oh Max...have a day off FFS.....you are all over Facebook spreading the same bollocks....and getting ripped to shreds for it.....you must have skin like a rhino......pal....

I think you'll have seen now that Whiteman (a guy who always looks strangely miserable for some reason) has gone to Mansfield on loan. Reed made the bench yesterday for the first time this season I think - so maybe he's forcing his way back into contention? Scougall did nothing but fall down when he came on again in the game yesterday. I'm sorry, but I really don't rate the lad at all. He might be good in Scotland but not good enough for us - not even at League 1 level - so he may as well go elsewhere imo.

I'd like Ariyibi, he looks really tricky - Something we could always do with more of.

He looks very hit and miss to me, maybe doing a couple of good things then going missing for 80 minutes.
Chezzie fans seem very divided about him, with him being so inconsistent.
Could we afford to carry him? can't say i've been overly impressed...especially for the money they'd probably be wanting.

Back
Top Bottom