Vini Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Only seen highlights but by all accounts good today and. Cracking finish for the goal..

Sham for the penalty what's he supposed to do.
Souza is one of wilders success stories for me. Before he looked fairly rubbish

Reactions: Dkc
He was my motm today just ahead of Osborn. Colossal albeit only against Luton - saying that, Luton almost beat Newcastle away last wknd so they're ney too bad.

Hoping we can keep him in championship as he'll absolutely boss it week in week out. Oh, "if" we go down!

The goal reminded me of Carlos Alberto running onto Jairzinho’s lateral ball in the 1970 World Cup Final and smashing into the opposite corner…

Yes, it’s late and I’m pissed….😉
I think it was Pele that laid on the pass to Carlos Alberto.

I can just about see the resemblance between Vinni and Carlos Alberto shooting but as much as he played well I am struggling to picture Ossie as Pele in the sequence.

I think it was Pele that laid on the pass to Carlos Alberto.

I can just about see the resemblance between Vinni and Carlos Alberto shooting but as much as he played well I am struggling to picture Ossie as Pele in the sequence.
Edson Aranges Do NascimOsborn, you mean?

Two questions. Who let the genie out of the bottle in the away end and how many wishes do we have left?

Genie.jpg

2764.jpg

i was a massive fan of Berge, and was upset to see him leave. Today I thought Souza was an upgrade on him. Had his calmness and composure on the ball, always played to feet, tried to keep possession instead of launching it long, did a few nice skills and was solid defensively/aerially. Guy was a rock, honestly captain material if he keeps this up.

Well done Vini, I was a doubter at the start but the last few weeks / since wilder I see your value. If we had some composed midfielders around him to receive the ball and carry it forward we would be in a much better position.
If he keeps that level of performance up and inspires the players around him, then give him the arm band.

Let’s not overlook how hard Osborn worked to provide the assist as well.
Agreed. Have to say, it was on his right foot and a perfectly weighted pass. I’ll wager that Macca, although more skill full than Ozzy, wouldn’t attempt that pass on his ‘wrong foot’.

Even playing RCM drifting all over the place when he's tailor made for a holding role... Looking back it's frustrating the club didn't realise this before.
There’s one bloke; or one coaching team that didn’t realise it. And he/they are now struggling to get a championship job.

He was excellent today,proper blade display,and a great strikers finish from him.
He broke the play up so many times looks like he will lose the ball then comes away with so much space. He is very frustrating as at times he strolls around like he hasn't a care. Won lots of headers in our box overall his best display In a blades shirt. Now we seen it that's the expected level Vini . Brilliant today. Not going to mention the pen both pens absolute joke. Football today give your head a wobble.

English is clearly not his first language, but his happy and effervescent demeanor comes across well in that interview. He has a clearly developed sense of the essential team ethos, and he is also enjoying himself.

That kind of interview is a refreshing change from other players who have obviously had a personality transplant via media coaching. I have not seen much of him as a player, but that is my bad fortune, not his.
We do need more natural communicators like Vini. He has endured his first British winter, and a change of management and coaching style. Language skills seem to be the least of his problems. Bringing on foreign players is now Wilders coaching team responsibility and it seems to be working, at last! ;)

Very easy to like him. First of all he piles into Cameron Archer for missing the chance where Vini would have had an assist (which he says he never gets). Then he describes how he’s screaming at Osborn for the ball as he’s stood in space and knows he can score (which he never does).

Just completely natural and full of joy. I watched a Luton blog earlier and they said he was by far the best player on the pitch and where has he been hiding? Good question, but he’s got a performance to live up to now, hope he does, think he will.

Came to me in a dream so not my fault.
Song for Souza to the chorus of Ruby by kaiser chiefs,

Let it never be said that football is dead
cos there’s so little else occupying my head.

Vini Vini vini
Aaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Souza Souza Souza Souza
Aaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I can't remember the last time I saw any footballer being interviewed who:

1) had a genuine smile on his face
2) gave more than just the same old clichés
3) didn't stare at the floor like they are reading notes written by someone else

Good lad 👏👏👏
I love him. Seems a really nice guy. I thought that when he did the secret santa thing at Xmas

Back
Top Bottom