CONFIRMED James McAtee - on season-long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I've mentioned this Bertie (#370) It's common place to have this clause in a contract (unless you're one of the big hitters) So logic dictates that he's going to have to accept this wherever he goes next. Plus there's contingencies that can be put in place so I don't believe this is the only sticking point with this potential deal.
Coatsey it is common place but he can just stay at City who won't get relegated, have another loan somewhere and be guaranteed his money until the end of his contract.

There's no way he's moving for less money and a 40% cut in salary if we go down when we are second favourites to finish bottom

Coatsey it is common place but he can just stay at City who won't get relegated, have another loan somewhere and be guaranteed his money until the end of his contract.

There's no way he's moving for less money and a 40% cut in salary if we go down when we are second favourites to finish bottom
Maybe a Relegation Release Clause would work best for him?

He’s going to have to make a decision sooner or later. Does he want another season in the 23’s? His contract at City won’t last forever

He’s going to have to make a decision sooner or later. Does he want another season in the 23’s? His contract at City won’t last forever
That's my point, he can make his decision later and keep pocketing his 50k a week or whatever he's on until the end of his contract to. He can go on loan in the meantime.

Alternatively if he moves in this window he will end up somewhere like Leicester or Southampton who will pay him more than we will

can see doyle ending up at leicester think weve moved on to this souza guy who to be fair looks like he could be a good signing and is more of the destroyer type sitting in front of our back 3 all premier clubs have this type of defensive midfielder in their teams would still like to see obrien come in though

£10m for O'Brien I'd say isn't unrealistic in fairness to Forest, they paid £10m last summer but that was for both him and Toffolo. Good to hear we're still interested though because we've heard nothing on O'Brien for weeks and he is someone who is definitely going to improve us. We need players who can go straight into the side in terms of their quality, and also O'Brien is obviously a domestic player which is important because the likes of Larouci, Traore and Slimane are having to adjust to English football and the toughest level at that. Remember how long it took Berge to adjust and he mainly did that in the Championship and of course he cost £20m! We need some domestic based proven players, £10m is within our range after the sale of Ndiaye and O'Brien is someone we can have in the side for years to come. I'm sure he'd want to come also.

Hopefully O'Brien is the one we get done before the window closes. If we can sign Akpom, O'Brien, McAtee, Sousa and possibly another then the first 11 starts to look a lot better. The rule of the window closing after the season really needs to change!

£10m for O'Brien I'd say isn't unrealistic in fairness to Forest, they paid £10m last summer but that was for both him and Toffolo. Good to hear we're still interested though because we've heard nothing on O'Brien for weeks and he is someone who is definitely going to improve us. We need players who can go straight into the side in terms of their quality, and also O'Brien is obviously a domestic player which is important because the likes of Larouci, Traore and Slimane are having to adjust to English football and the toughest level at that. Remember how long it took Berge to adjust and he mainly did that in the Championship and of course he cost £20m! We need some domestic based proven players, £10m is within our range after the sale of Ndiaye and O'Brien is someone we can have in the side for years to come. I'm sure he'd want to come also.

Hopefully O'Brien is the one we get done before the window closes. If we can sign Akpom, O'Brien, McAtee, Sousa and possibly another then the first 11 starts to look a lot better. The rule of the window closing after the season really needs to change!

I see the point and Forrest can play off the fact we are desperate but in no world is Doyle worth more now than a year ago after forest have bought him, deemed him surplus to requirements, sent him To a third rate league and deemed him surplus to requirements again.

In any normal world he’s lost value. We weren’t able to make money on Freeman for example.

If we weren’t DESPERATE I’d Offer 4/5m or they are stuck paying his wages with him not in the squad again.

Last edited:
It's interesting with Doyle and OBrien

Something has to give on both

Doyle will leave City one way or another before the deadline. Forest have to let OBrien go before the deadline

If we leave in a 6m offer for OBrien, and a loan offer for Doyle, and just wait, there's a very good chance we'd get both

But do we take that risk? And do we want Palmer or McAtee more than Doyle?

If its true we've asked RE Mcatee then a descaion could be made after the game tomorrow which I'm sure he'll be involved in. Think for me he needs to be playing this season and not a bit part player at City. Hes on a steep unwards curve in his development and towards the end of last season he was more influential than ili for me.

Its also Doyle over Obrien, based on he can walk straight back in and knows the place and staff. Not sure we'd afford the wages and fee for Doyle though which has been reported.

Forest can go fuck themselves! No way has O’Brien increased in value since they signed him.

I don’t mind overpaying a bit if we need to get a deal done, but we shouldn’t overpay to a relegation rival. Let O’Brien stay on their wage bill if they aren’t going to be realistic and want to take the piss.

I thought it was always Doyle’s wages that was the problem, his high wage at City and in particular the relegation clause?
That’s not going to go away.

Aye
The Sun has a Scottish counterpart !!!!
Dread to think what the target demographic is - fish supper wrapping from the off ?! i

Aye
Dread to think what the target demographic is - fish supper wrapping from the off ?! i

I never expected him (or McAtee) to come back to us, and would prefer either didn't go to another PL team.

Tommy would absolutely take the piss in that league, and I could see him becoming a Celtic great tbh.

Aye

I’m pretty sure Tommy wanted to play in the PL. However, the season starts in 6 days and you’d imagine he’d like his future sorted out sharpish one way or the other.
Personally I would push the boat out for him. He has all the attributes of a great footballer and fits perfectly within our team and club. We have the Ndiaye money and the wages we were prepared to offer him available.
It’s disappointing to think we’re going to let this one slip through our fingers.
The only way this makes sense to me is if Hecky has identified a player that he prefers and said player is on his way here.
If it’s Souza then I still think Doyle should be targeted. Souza with Berge and Doyle either side would be some midfield!

Back
Top Bottom