CONFIRMED James McAtee - on season-long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Doyle goes to Celtic that shows how clueless the penny pinching fools at this club are.
once again were hanging on till the end of the window hoping to get lucky with targets and other clubs are nipping in front of us were already planning for being in the championship again next season you cant survive in the modern day premier league penny pinching

Not sure from a playing perspective how going to Celtic helps Doyle, bar the six Champions league games he'd be playing against league one level teams every week.

If Doyle goes to Celtic that shows how clueless the penny pinching fools at this club are.
What really annoys me is why did we resign fleck and Osborn (probably 2 wages that would have gone towards what Doyle needed ) ?? It smacks of desperation! If we're building a team to at least try and make a fist of it to stay up whilst developing a squad to assault the championship if needed then let the kids step up while we get the targets we need

Doyle could have formed a midfield here for the next decade. Should have been gettable as well in the PL, as I think he would have liked to come.

Shame, but that’s where we are. A championship club who just happen to be in the PL.

IF Celtic sign Tommy Doyle, this won't be the first transfer
between the two clubs. City have sent players to Celtic for
a number of seasons now, the "City Group" play a serious
role in all that occurs between the clubs in their portfolio.

If Reo Hitate is sold, there's rumours that he'll be at THFC
very soon, then I can see the Tommy Doyle to Celtic move
going ahead.

Are Sheffield United forming a link between themselves
and the 'City Group'?

What really annoys me is why did we resign fleck and Osborn (probably 2 wages that would have gone towards what Doyle needed ) ?? It smacks of desperation! If we're building a team to at least try and make a fist of it to stay up whilst developing a squad to assault the championship if needed then let the kids step up while we get the targets we need

Word is, Hecky wanted to keep them all

It is infuriating mate it really is I would rather use the kids than waste wages on Fleck and Osborn they are limited.

It is infuriating mate it really is I would rather use the kids than waste wages on Fleck and Osborn they are limited.
IMO Ozzy is judged on his performances played out of position. He's a LWB, nothing else, certainly not a RWB or LCM. I'd say he is a better LWB than Lowe by quite a way.
Might as well play Wes as a 9 and slate him off.
Re signing Fleck was a huge mistake. Apparently he now has a broken leg so in truth done for the season. Even when in a position to train normally it takes him months to get up to speed. Terrible waste of a wage and shirt.

Doyle could have formed a midfield here for the next decade. Should have been gettable as well in the PL, as I think he would have liked to come.

Shame, but that’s where we are. A championship club who just happen to be in the PL.
Doyle was up for coming it is the relegation clause that is scuppering it
20/30% fair enough but we are hounding out 40/50% wage reduction

IMO Ozzy is judged on his performances played out of position. He's a LWB, nothing else, certainly not a RWB or LCM. I'd say he is a better LWB than Lowe by quite a way.
Might as well play Wes as a 9 and slate him off.
Re signing Fleck was a huge mistake. Apparently he now has a broken leg so in truth done for the season. Even when in a position to train normally it takes him months to get up to speed. Terrible waste of a wage and shirt.
His best performances for us have been at rwb and as a defensive number 10

Doyle shows all the signs of loving it here, knows he will be a starter from the off etc, so if he wants to come take a pay cut and join us, Berge, Slimane & Doyle sounds good to me

Doyle shows all the signs of loving it here, knows he will be a starter from the off etc, so if he wants to come take a pay cut and join us, Berge, Slimane & Doyle sounds good to me
Makes no sense this talk about wages because the Prince has literally just said if Hecky wanted a player that was on 100k a week and benefited the team he would do it.

Makes no sense this talk about wages because the Prince has literally just said if Hecky wanted a player that was on 100k a week and benefited the team he would do it.

I was about to say the same thing lol... Lemme know when we pay a player 100k a week 🤣🤣🤣

Ain't happening this lifetime!

Word is, Hecky wanted to keep them all
I'd have kept billy rather than anyone else for his leadership qualities and sorted him a player/coach position, but as I said baffled with ozzy and fleck (who from reports I've read has another broken leg)

100k while we're in the PL, we can't possibly pay 100k/week if we're in the Championship. It's been consistently said that it's the relegation clauses which is causing us problems.

We need to drop our stubborn insistence on relegation wage drop clauses

It is hindering us too much

And if you only have 2 or 3 players without clauses on big wages after relegation it's not such a problem. Just make sure they're saleable and not Brewsters

I'd have kept billy rather than anyone else for his leadership qualities and sorted him a player/coach position, but as I said baffled with ozzy and fleck (who from reports I've read has another broken leg)

Id like PH to explain why he thought it was a good idea to offer a player with a very suspect injury record over the last few years another 1 year contract which added another wage to our wage bill. Unsurprisingly to no one except PH it seem, he's picked up another injury connected to his previous broken leg. Well fuck a doodle doo who would have thunk it eh... I wouldn't mind but there was plenty on here (me included) who were asking why the fuck we were doing this. He offers experienced cover was the counter argument....well he doesn't when he's sat on the treatment table for most of the season. Ridiculous decision and I blame PH for that one.

We need to drop our stubborn insistence on relegation wage drop clauses

It is hindering us too much

And if you only have 2 or 3 players on big wages after relegation it's not such a problem. Just make sure they're saleable and not Brewsters
Sorry but that's just stupid
We've just avoided administration even with relegation clauses

Id like PH to explain why he thought it was a good idea to offer a player with a very suspect injury record over the last few years another 1 year contract which added another wage to our wage bill. Unsurprisingly to no one except PH it seem, he's picked up another injury connected to his previous broken leg. Well fuck a doodle doo who would have thunk it eh... I wouldn't mind but there was plenty on here (me included) who were asking why the fuck we were doing this. He offers experienced cover was the counter argument....well he doesn't when he's sat on the treatment table for most of the season. Ridiculous decision and I blame PH for that one.
Bit late now

Back
Top Bottom